Saving You Sent Me Here

I'll Be Watching You

I hate having that on my mind. When I died, my spirit rose from my body. I had to watch Helena cry when the doctors told her that there was no chance I was going to make it. But, if only I could have. I thought that I was going to go to Heaven, but God stopped me. He explained to me that I needed to find justice for my spirit. I had to find the person who had pushed me off the edge of the building. Which meant, I would be wandering for a while.

I stood in my old living. Helena would be home with Jacoby and Jana soon.

The door opened, “I’ll start on dinner.”

Helena walked past me, “It’s chilly in here.”

Jacoby said, “It’s because dad is here.”

“Don’t be silly Jacoby.”

“Mom, I’m not being silly.”

“Jacoby’s right mom. I remember you saying that dad wasn’t facing the person who pushed him. So his spirit is probably wandering, trying to find that person.”

That’s my little girl. She was right.

“Up to your room. Both of you.”

It was times like this; I wished she could hear me telling her that Jana was right. I wanted to know that she needs to listen to what our children say. I wanted them all to know that I loved them.

Helena walked into the kitchen while Jacoby and Jana walked up the stairs, muttering the whole way. I followed Helena.

“Helena, I love you so much.” I touched her cheek, causing her to jump.

“Life seemed so much easier with you here, Derek.”

I just wanted this all to be a bad dream. I wanted to wake up as a mortal. I wanted to go back in time and stop my self from going to the edge. To just make myself stay where I was in the first place. But I know that I can’t. What’s done is done. There was no turning back from any of this.