Status: Hiatus: Undergoing re-write.

What Happened in Vegas?!

Meeting Amy and Michelle

Franks POV

“Frank!” Gerard yelled hitting me on the arm with a shoe. Maybe I should start hiding them, but then I run the risk of him finding something else to hit me with. Like a rolling pin!

I’m sure this was domestic abuse and I could probably get him sued, but to be honest, I’m not really in the mood for all of the hassle involved in suing someone.

“What?” I grumbled, rolling over and facing the back of the couch, pulling the cover tighter to my body.

“You’ve got a letter,”

“So. I could have found that on my own,”

“No you couldn’t. All you do is lie in bed all day,”

“You pick up all the mail before you leave the house. Anything for me can just be left on the coffee table, can it not?”

“C’mon Frank. You know you want to open it,” I could hear the smile in his voice.

I flicked my arm around my back and gesturing to place the letter in my open palm. That was about as much movement you get from me this early in the morning. He chuckled slightly, and placed it in, and I saw that it was already opened.

“What the fuck?”

“I didn’t mean to,” I heard him mumble slightly. “But read it. You’ll be happy,”

I rolled my eyes, and pulled the piece of paper from the envelope, scanning over the small text, having to squint to make it out in this light, and with my already tired eyes. I re-read it over and over just to insure that I wasn’t hallucinating, and then turned to Gerard, my eyes wide. He had a grin on his face as he sat on the coffee table looking down at me.

“I-I got a job?” I questioned.

“Yep. Well done Frankie,” Gerard smiled, picking up the letter and reading it again. “You have to go in later today though, to check your time-table and what not,”

I didn’t know whether I was happy or sad about it. I mean sure, I could now prove Gerard wrong and show that I was capable of keeping a job – although I’d never tried – but I now also had to actually go to work. Like…actually work.

I had a feeling that it wouldn’t be fun.

* * *

“You must be Frank,” a tall and thin man asked with a happy smile.

“Yeah, that’s me,” I answered somewhat nervously.

“I’m Dan, your manager. How are you?”

“Dreading the idea of having an actual job,” I laughed.

“Yes. I did notice that. Is there any reason you haven’t had a job before?”

“Well, I was in a band, so I hoped that would kick off and I wouldn’t need a real job, but I got kicked out,”

“Why?”

“Nerves,”

The man nodded in understanding before handing me a green apron. I could tell that he didn’t care about my nerves, because the next words out of his mouth were: “You’ll wear this during your shifts and we’ll have a name tag for you hopefully by tomorrow,”

I nodded at him as he lead me towards a staff room type thing and pointed out a locker for me, before I was lead back into the main kitchen thing to be shown how to work the coffee makers and all that stuff, and then shown how to use a till. It was all a bit complicated, and I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to keep it up…

A lunch break came along, were Dan informed me that I’d start work after it.

I was a bit worried, but became more used to the idea as he explained that I wouldn’t be alone on my till. I sat in the staff room alone, before a couple of girls walked in giggling together, pausing when they saw me.

“You must be the new guy?” a small girl with brown hair and blue eyes said as she approached the table I was sitting at.

I nodded slightly at her, before glancing at the other girl who also had brown hair, but it was a bit longer. She also had grey-y brown eyes. It was a bizarre colour, but undoubtedly awesome! They both appeared to be wearing a pair of jeans with the green aprons. Both had a pair of converse adorning their feet as well.

“I’m Amy,” the blue eyed girl smiled before jerking a thumb towards her friend. “And that’s Michelle,”

I smiled at them both, and actually felt incredibly awkward. “Hey, how old are you?” Michelle piped up.

“Nineteen, why?”

“Oh…you’re pretty young to be married,”

I glanced down at my hand, and realized that I didn’t have any form of wedding ring on, seeing as we still hadn’t got proper ones, before looking up at Michelle and frowning. “How did you-”

“Ugh. She’s such a snoop!” Amy laughed, hitting her friend lightly on the arm. Michelle just shrugged and nodded before laughing along. I flushed quickly, realizing that they must know that I’m gay, which isn't really something I like people knowing straight away...

“So, how long have you been married for?” Michelle asked. Wow. She really was a snoop!

“Uh…a couple of weeks ago or something like that,”

“Something like that? Surely you should remember better than that?” she asked, frowning slightly.

“Yeah, and why aren’t you on your honeymoon or something?” Amy piped up.

“And you don’t have a ring,” Michelle added in.

Shit. Try and explain your way out of this one, Iero.

“Uh, well, I don’t remember specifically because it was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I’m not on a honeymoon right now, because we only went on a quick one, you know? We wanted to get sorted back home and whatnot, and I don’t have a ring because…”

“Okay. I’m bored of these excuses now,” Michelle laughed. Shit. She actually knew I was lying? “Wanna come with us and get some lunch?”

“Ah, no thanks, I’m fine,” I smiled, opting to stay away from prying questions. Maybe I should create a story in my head so that I could have some stuff to tell them about Gerard when they came back?
♠ ♠ ♠
I HATE MYSELF!
I'm such a bad person, and I give you permission to destroy me with spoons...Yeah.
I have no idea what happened. I just...couldn't write this chapter. I could right the next three or four, but this one was just...ugh.
It never flowed right, or sounded right, and I'm still not really happy with it, but I think it's unfair to leave all you amazing people waiting for so long, so here I am...
Don't hate me *puppy eyes*