Such a Simple Little Heartless Girl

Confessions

♥Evelyn♥

When I awoke later, we were back in traverse town.

I yawned and stretched, "So, to Cid's?"

"To Cid's." Goofy agreed and we walked over to the small shop.

"Looks like you found the other one. Let me see it." Cid said, taking the Navi-G piece from Sora.

"Okay, wait here. I’ll get it installed right now." He said, walking away.

I looked over at Sora who wasn't doing so good.

And I got that feeling again.

DAMN YOU CURSE.

I tried to ignore it as I poked Donald and pointed to Sora.

"Sora!" Donald exclaimed.

"Now, just remember what Donald said to ya: no frowning, no sad faces." Goofy said.

"How can you be so cheerful? There’s still no sign of your king. Aren’t
you worried?" Sora asked.

"Aw, phooey." Donald squawked, dropping to the floor.

"The king told us to go out and find the key bearer, and we found you. So
as long as we stick together, it’ll all work out okay. Ya just gotta believe in
yourself, that’s all." Goofy smiled.

"Just believe..." Sora shut his eyes.

I gasped for air, "I need to sit down I said, falling to the ground as well.

And everything was white.
♥

I was in a library, or should I say, we were in a library, because Sora was floating next to me. Although, I’m not sure if he could see me or not.

I frowned and looked around, I've been here before…why have I been here before? This place…it's so…familiar…

"Where am I?" Sora asked.

I looked down at the elderly woman who was speaking to a younger version of Kairi.

Hmm…so this is where Kairi used to live…

"Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people’s hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived...in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It’s the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness. That’s why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open. And the true light will return. So, listen, child. Even in the deepest
darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away. Do you understand, Kairi?" The woman asked.

"Kairi!?" Sora asked, looking closely at the little girl.

And ever so quickly, I was whisked away from the library.

"Huh?" Sora wondered.

"What’s the matter?" Goofy asked.

I looked at Sora, "Believe in the light." I said.

He cocked his head at me, "W-what did you say?"

I took a deep breath, "Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you, right?" I said with a smile.

"R-right…" He nodded.
♥

A bit later, Cid came back with a grave look on his face.

"I installed that navigation gummi. But, ya know? That place is crawling with Heartless. Don’t say I didn’t warn you." He said.

Sora cocked his head and I stepped forward.

"I'm sure we can handle it." I said, confidently.

With that, we proceeded back to the gummi ship, ready to begin the end of our journey.

"All right! Let’s head on to the new world!" Donald smiled once we got on the gummi ship.

We had been driving for a while when Sora turned to me, "What was Ursula talking about a curse?"

"I…um…see…noth-"

Goofy cleared his throat and shot me a look as he closed the cockpit door, excluding him and Donald from our conversation, but Sora didn't seem to notice.

"Sora…" I sighed, "There's something I need to tell you…"

"What?" He asked.

"She wasn't just being a crazy old hag when she talked about a curse…"

"What are you saying?"

"I do have a curse."

He said nothing, just waited for me to continue.

"Remember in Wonderland? When Allison came, and said that 'nakunaru' word? Well, nakunaru means death in Japanese…it's the death curse…"

"The…death curse…"

"I won't die, but I have wicked senses…well. I cant smell or taste or touch anything unless death is near…and when death is near…I begin to bleed from my side…which is why I had the cloth in Atlantica, because I started bleeding after we destroyed the cauldron…but I don't know why I stopped bleeding…"

"But…"

"In Wonderland, I bled out all of my red blood cells after fighting the Trick master, those cells were replaced with black ones. Whenever I pass out, it's not because I'm tired, it's because my mind is going to another place where another event is happening…I know what's going on in different parts of whatever world I'm in…or sometimes I’m not even in the same worlds as the visions…but…"

I sighed.

"But that's how I knew what Kairi's grandmother had said, back in Traverse Town…I was there too." I said.

He frowned, "And Goofy knows."

I nodded, there was no point in lying anymore, "Goofy knows."

"Why him and not me?"

"He figured it out…"

"So…you were keeping this from me?"

"What? No! I just…didn't know what to say…"

"Because you thought I would judge you." He said.

"I didn't say that."

"You didn't say anything."

"I- look, I'm sorry. I really, truly am…do you forgive me?"

"I…I need to think about things…" He said, walking into the cockpit.

I sighed; I really fucked up this time…
♥