Such a Simple Little Heartless Girl

Princess?

♥Evelyn♥

I heard footsteps. Frantic footsteps.

I hadn't a clue how long I'd been here.

I didn't even know where 'here' was. All I knew was that I heard footsteps.

"Kairi! Kairi!"

It was Sora.

If I could have sighed, I would have.
What about, Evelyn, Evelyn?

"Evelyn! Evelyn!"

That was fast.

"Evelyn! Open your eyes!"

But it wasn't Sora who was calling out to me it was Eve.

My friggin sister had come to rescue me.

And now she was banging on glass.

Some form of glass.

"It’s no use. That girl has lost her heart. She cannot wake up."

Me? I'm up! So…Riku must be talking about Kairi?

"What? You... You’re not Riku." Sora said.

"The Keyhole cannot be completed so as long as the last princess of heart
still sleeps."

"The princess...? Kairi’s a princess?"

He's so excited. What? Does he want to see her in a tiara and a fluffy pink dress?

"Yes, and without her power, the Keyhole will remain incomplete. It is time she awakened."

"Whoever you are, let Riku go! Give him back his heart!"

"But first, you must give the princess back her heart."

I heard a thud and a lot of gasping.

"Sora!" Donald yelled.

"What’s—" Sora was cut off.

"Don’t you see yet? The princess’s heart is responding. It has been there all along. Kairi’s heart rests within you!"

I thought back to the island, when Kairi disappeared once she hit Sora. Everything was coming together…everything was making sense…

"Kairi... Kairi’s inside me?"

"I know all that there is to know." Riku boomed.

"Tell me. Who are you?" I could tell that Sora was gasping for air.

"It is I, Ansem, the seeker of darkness."

ANSEM!

My mind wandered back to all of his reports…

[I}Much of my life has been dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge.
It is my duty to expose what this darkness really is.
Darkness...Darkness of the heart. How is it born?
I must find them before the world is lost to those taken by the darkness.
Those who lack hearts... I will call them the Heartless.
I believe the Heartless are taking hearts. They are born from those who've lost their hearts, and thrive on hearts seized from others. The hearts taken by the Heartless become Heartless themselves.
That night I observed a great meteor shower in the sky. Could it be related to the door that I have opened?
A massive core of energy lay beyond the door sought by the Heartless.
That was the heart of the world.
The Heartless are trying to take hearts not only from all living creatures, but from the planet itself.
My people and I are all but prisoners of this tiny place.
Just as people have hearts, so do worlds. The same can be said of stars in the night sky. And deep within each world lies a door to its heart. The Heartless desire those hearts. Born out of darkness in people's hearts, they seek to return to a greater heart.
I will cast it off and plunge into the depths of darkness.
I have chosen a special girl. I do not know if she possesses the power of the Princesses, but there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...
I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.
I am different from the other Heartless, keeping the memories of before, and I have not taken on the form of a Heartless.

That girl…it was Kairi…or…was it me?

Or Eve?

"Forget it! There’s no way you’re taking Kairi’s heart!" Sora growled.

Suddenly, there was a lot clanking, and banking, and screaming.

"We need to find a way to get her out!" A voice called.

Eve.

"But how?" Donald asked.

Why aren't they helping Sora?

"I don't know! The glass won't break!"

"Evelyn! Evelyn! If you can hear us, this is Eve and Donald, and Goofy…Sora's…er…a bit tied up…Listen, you're stuck inside of this big glass tube, with a bunch of other girls, or…princesses… We're going to try to save you! So just…hold on! Don't move a muscle."

As if I have a choice!

Suddenly, the clanking stopped, and footsteps ran away from me.

"Riku!" Sora yelled.

"Sora! Sora, look!" Donald screamed.

"The... The Keyhole!"

"It won’t work! The Keyhole’s not finished yet!" Goofy said!

"What can we do?" Eve asked frantically.

"Maybe we’ve gotta go wake Kairi up." Goofy suggested.

"I think you’re right. If we can free her heart... But... But how?" Sora pondered, "A Keyblade that unlocks people’s hearts... I wonder."

"Sora?" Goofy squeaked.

"Sora, hold on!" Eve screamed!

"No, wait!" Donald said, "Sora... Sora!"

Suddenly, I felt a surge of power run through my body, and I knew that he was gone.

"No." I whispered.

"NO!" I screamed and broke out of my glass casing, running up to where Eve, Donald, Goofy, and now Kairi were standing.

"Sora!" Kairi yelled.

"Sora! Come back, Sora!" I screamed.

I turned to Kairi, whose eyes went wide.

Goofy placed a hand on my shoulder, "Now Evelyn, it's not Kairi's fault, you have to remember that."

I took a deep breath, "I know. Kairi, you care about him as much as I do. We need to save him."

Kairi nodded.

Suddenly, Ansem appeared, " So, you have awakened at last, Princess. The Keyhole is now complete. You have served your purpose. But now it’s over."

I think that it was Ansem anyways.

Donald, Goofy, and I pulled out our weapons.

"Don’t make another move!" Donald said.

"Do you think we can stop him all by ourselves?" Goofy piped.

"I don’t know!" Donald whispered.

Ansem stepped forward, but began shaking all over, as if he was having a seizure while standing up, "Impossible..."

Suddenly, an image of Riku appeared above Ansem, "No. You won’t use me for this!"

I couldn't help but smile.

"Riku!" Kairi yelled.

"You’ve got to run! The Heartless are coming!" Riku yelled, "You too Evelyn!"

I sighed and we all ran out of there.
♥