Such a Simple Little Heartless Girl

You are the One who will Open the Door to the Ligh

♥Evelyn♥

We eventually found our way to a door. But, from the look on Sora's face, it wasn't just any old door.

"Huh?" Sora said out of nowhere.

"What’s wrong?" Donald asked.

"Don’t you hear something? There!"

"Careful. This is the last haven you’ll find here. Beyond, there is no light to protect you. But don’t be afraid. Your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Remember, you are the one who will open the door to the light."
That time, I heard it too.

"I don’t hear anything." Goofy said.

"Strange... That voice was so familiar. Maybe it’s just my imagination." Sora said.

"I heard it too…" I said quietly.

So this really is it….

"Maybe you’d better take a rest!" He said.

I took Donald's staff and hit him over the head with it, "Don't even."

Sora walked up to the door and pushed it open to reveal a tropical island.

Sora looked around in awe.

And I remembered instantly; this is where he grew up.

"Is this... Is this my island?"

"It's beautiful …" Goofy said, eyeing the ocean.

We walked over to where the door used to be and a booming voice came through to us "This world has been connected."

Ansem.

The island and it's objects began to decay away.

"What was that?" Goofy asked.

"Tied to the darkness...soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to learn." The voice boomed again as the ocean turned a dark shade of purple.

"You understand so little. A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem said.

Suddenly, the island had completely morphed. Riku was standing on the beach in front of us.

Except it wasn't Riku at all, it was Ansem, in Riku's body.

"Take a look at this tiny place. To the heart seeking freedom this island is a prison surrounded by water. And so this boy sought to escape from his prison. He sought a way to cross over into other worlds. And he opened his heart to darkness." Ansem/Riku laughed.

Then, Riku's body morphed into Ansem's body, which we were all seeing for the first time.

"Riku!" Sora and I cried.

"Don’t bother. Your voice can no longer reach him where he is. His heart belongs again to darkness. All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it, grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came."

"YOU'RE WRONG!" I screamed.

"What?"

"Riku's heart! It doesn’t belong to the darkness! No matter how dark a person's heart is the light inside of it will never go out! Riku's light won't go out." I said.

Suddenly Ansem disappeared from in front of us and we heard his voice behind us "You see, darkness is the heart’s true essence."

"That’s not true! The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I’ve learned that deep down, there’s a light that never goes out!" Sora said, repeating me.

He smiled at me and I nodded, because it was true, the light never would go out.

"So, you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!" Ansem yelled.

Then we fought Ansem for the first time. We all knew while we were fighting him that, although it was the first time, it definitely wasn't the last time.

If it were the last time, it wouldn't have been so easy to defeat him.

Which we did.

"Is he gone?" Donald asked.

"It couldn't have been that easy…" Sora said, looking around.

"Do you guys feel that?" Goofy asked.

"Wha-"

Suddenly, the ground started shaking, and a big tree split apart, revealing Ansem.

"C'mon!" I said.

We all ran towards Ansem, but when we got inside the crater like place, we saw a giant heartless. Literally, this guy had a giant heart shaped hole in his chest.

"NOT AGAIN!" Sora screamed.

"Again?" I asked calmly.

"YOU DON'T REMEMBER FIGHTING THIS GUY BEFORE?" He yelled.

"You don't have to yell! I'M RIGHT NEXT TO YOU DAMNIT!"

"Oh…BUT YOU DON'T REMEMBER FIGHTING HIM THE FIRST TIME THE ISLAND GOT DESTROYED?"

"No?"

I thought back really hard. Let's see…Kairi flew into Sora…We were whisked away-

"OH YEAH! SHIT SON!" I screamed.

Donald and Goofy were looking at us like we were insane, but hey, I can't argue with them on that one, I mean, we're standing here screaming at each other while there's a giant monster and an evil villain in front of us just waiting to rip us to shreds and feed us to the shadows.

Huh…that was almost poetic…

Then, all at once, everyone was fighting the monster and Ansem.

Attacking, slashing, clobbering, freezing, burning, shocking, gravi-tying, and just going at it like crazy.

But this couldn't be the last battle either, or else, it wouldn't have been so easy to win.

Or lose? After what had looked like our win, everything disappeared, leaving us in complete and utter darkness.

"Wha…?" Sora trailed off

"Behold the endless abyss! Within lies the heart of all worlds: Kingdom Hearts!" Ansem held his arms out, as if he were giving a tour.

"Kingdom Hearts?" I asked and quickly got my answer when all I could see among the darkness was a giant white door.

"Look as hard as you are able. You’ll not find even the smallest glimmer of light. From those dark depths are all hearts born. Even yours." Ansem mocked.

I sighed, this guy really needs to cut the drugs out of his system.

And then, this huge colorful-structure thing appeared.

Was it a heartless? It sure didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before…but…the qualities…it would have to be…

"The world of chaos."

"What?" I looked around, unsure of where that voice came from.

Everyone else seemed to be just as in awe as I was.

Who said that?

I blinked and when I did, I caught only the slightest glimmer of her silhouette. I shut my eyes again and standing before me was Lovvy.

"The world of chaos?"

"Yes. It's a giant heartless that could be your hardest battle you will ever fight. Ansem bound himself to it and you'll have to fight him until he is defeated."

I gulped.

"Permanently." She said.

"But how?" I asked.

"Haven't you been listening to a word that Sora has said? Use your heart, and your light will never go out, your friends are your power, blah, blah, blah?"

"What?"

"Just…" She sighed, "Do what you've been doing this whole time, follow the voice inside of your head, angrily slash at things. Do what you do."

"Lovvy…"

"Hey, don't get emotional on me. We still have the whole summer after this. I'll be kicking your ass when we get home, thank you very much Miss Never-Meant-To-Be."

I smiled.

"Now go, go fight and win me one, okay?"

"Okay."

And she was gone in an instant.

I opened my eyes again and saw the giant heartless before me.

"Darkness conquers all worlds!" Ansem was saying.

Suddenly, Goofy, Donald, and I were sucked into a portal, but Sora just continued falling, and falling, until a shocked expression came upon his face.

Sora shot up to where we were and whipped out his keyblade, "Not a chance, Riku." He said.

I looked around.

"Riku?" Donald asked.

"Forget it." I mumbled, "Let's do this!"

And then it started.

We were all flying around the World of Chaos shooting protection spells and cure spells and attack spells. Oh, and Goofy was smashing the thing.

I flew over to where Ansem was bound and started hitting him wildly. That is, until he smashed me with something, sending me whirling backwards.

"Grr…" I growled and flew back over to where Sora was now hitting Ansem as well. Just as Ansem was about to smash Sora's face in, I blocked his attack.

"Not this time." I said fiercely.

And the whole, hitting and blocking thing went on for a while. Until he started shooting blue laser beams everywhere, which made us recoil just a bit.

"HEAL!" I screamed, seeing Donald growing weaker.

He quickly recovered and yelled a "thanks" up to me.

I went back over to Ansem and began the hitting and blocking method again. But once again, the heartless began shooting the blue lasers everywhere, making it nearly impossible to avoid them.

After chugging an elixir, I flew back over to Ansem, once again and began slashing, not even caring about blocking his attacks or watching out for other people, just slashing.

Hey, he was frustrating the crap out of me. And if he could play dirty with lasers, I could beat the shit out of him, right?

Besides, there are no rules when you're saving the world.

The whole battle was completely dizzy-making, I mean, I totally lost track of Sora, Donald, and Goofy after a while and focused on slashing at the heartless and healing myself. After a while I began to throw random potions, elixirs, and ethers around, just sensing total weakness.

One thing was worrying me, as I was smashing Ansem.

Where was the blood? Where was the intense pain in my side? Where was the sudden surge of knowing everything around me?

Were we not going to defeat Ansem?

But no one else would die…

I was very confused and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't come up with anything besides the idea that maybe the curse was fading.

No death curse existed in the world I lived in, not that had been discovered anyway. Maybe…maybe the fact that it wasn't happening was a sign that I was going home. But, if that were true…then…would we defeat Ansem or not?

I've been relying on this curse to feed me information about my foes and my future. I've almost forgotten what it was like to just deal with things as they come along. It would take a lot of getting used to when I got home.

Home…

My eyes widened as I saw the giant heartless symbol appear over Ansem, acting as a shield.

"NOW HOW WILL WE ATTACK HIM?!" I screamed.

"EVELYN!" Sora waved me down below where Donald and Goofy were already attacking a purple jelly-blob.

Or a core?

"WAIT! SAVE SOME FOR ME!" I yelled, flying down as fast as I could.

Attacking the blob was fairly easy, because it couldn’t attack back. And I had to say, it was probably the second most fun I'd had in a battle in a long time.

Well, since Halloween Town anyway.

I still want that manor.

It didn't take me long to see and feel my surroundings decaying around me, turning to complete darkness.

Everyone was gone, Sora, Donald, Goofy, even the World of Chaos.

Was it all over?

I looked around; this certainly was not home.

I sighed and sat and waited for a while. Nada.

Suddenly, there was a big burst of light and Sora appeared, a slight smirk playing on his lips, "Am I late?"

"Just a bit." My smile faded as the heartless arrived.

Luckily, they were just shadows, so we beat them easily and went back out to another core. This was getting old fast.

"JUST KEEP HITTING IT!" Donald squawked.

It was funny, we never really talked during this battle…I guess everyone missed home, not just me…I just can't really imagine Donald in bunny slippers and a bathrobe reading the Sunday paper in a big comfy armchair.

But I guess home is different for everyone…

Suddenly, Ansem appeared along with the World of Chaos.

"ONE LAST TIME!" Goofy yelled.

We fought the World of Chaos until both of us were very weak. It was only a matter of who would cave first now. We'd all pretty much realized that this was it; this was the last battle.

Because if it wasn't, we wouldn't last very long. But finally, the world of chaos crumbled, leaving only Ansem remaining with us.

That wasn't supposed to happen! ANSEM WAS SUPPOSED TO DIE TOO!

"It is futile. The Keyblade alone cannot seal the door to darkness. Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of darkness..." Ansem opened his arms again.

The white doors of Kingdom Hearts opened, dark smoke seeping out of them.

"Supreme darkness..." Ansem closed his eyes, emerging himself in the plumes of smoke.

"Guess again loser." I smirked and looked to Sora to back me up.

"You’re wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts...is light!" Sora yelled the last part, just in time too, because a burst of light emerged from the doors, lighting up everything, including Ansem.

"Light? But why...?" Ansem cried in agony as he faded away. For good.

"WE HAVE TO CLOSE IT!" I yelled after Ansem had completely vanished. We all ran over to the partially opened door.

"Come on!" Sora yelled, trying to push the doors. It seemed to be working a bit too, that is, until Goofy stopped to look at something, which made me stop to look at that something.

Which caused my eyes to widen to the size of baseballs, which angered Donald.

"Stop staring and keep pushing!" Donald yelled. But then, he saw it too, and so did Sora. The immense amount of heartless inside the doors of Kingdom Hearts.

"The Heartless!?" Donald and Goofy yelled together.

"Hurry!" I yelled, and began pushing the doors again.

"I can’t..." Sora gasped for breath.

But then, the voice of an angel cried out. Well, not exactly. It was just Riku.

"Don’t give up!"

And then I saw Riku's face on the other side of the door, saying, "Come on, Sora! Together, we can do it!"

Sora nodded and we tried harder to shut the door, but the heartless kept coming closer and closer.

"It’s hopeless!" Donald fell to the floor.

And then, something truly amazing happened yet again. The heartless disappeared one by one. And a glimmering light outlining a mouse could be seen through the doors.

A mouse, that I was guessing was Donald and Goofy's king.

"Your Majesty!" Donald and Goofy screamed.

"Now, Sora! Let’s close this door for good!" The king said, holding up a keyblade of his own.

"Close it, quick!" Donald yelled to Sora.

"But..." Sora looked at Riku and the King.

"Don’t worry. There will always be a door to the light." The king promised.

"Sora, you can trust King Mickey." Goofy nodded.

"Now! They’re coming!" I yelled.

"Donald, Goofy, thank you." The king said.

Then, the doors were almost shut, but Riku wasn't done yet, "Take care of her."

"WHO?" Sora called.

"You tell me." Riku smirked as the doors shut.

Sora pointed his keyblade into the sky, and made the doors to Kingdom Hearts dissapear.

This would have been a picture perfect moment, if she hadn't appeared. Although, at the same time, Eve, the best sister in the world, also made an entrance.

Sora and I ran over to them.

"Kairi!"

"Sora!"

The ground was shaking, it was going to break apart soon and Sora grabbed Kairi's hand. It was nearly unbearable to watch.

"Kairi. Remember what you said before? I’m always with you, too. I’ll come back to you. I promise!"

"I know you will!"

And then, the unthinkable happened. Well, actually, knowing her, it wasn't all that unthinkable. I just didn't expect it to happen. Kairi kissed Sora. Not on the cheek. On the mouth. Or should I say, in the mouth?

After what seemed like an eternity, the ground broke away, making it impossible for them to keep their lip lock going on.

Sora turned back to me, and was about to say something, but I felt the ground shaking beneath Eve and I, and suddenly, we were separated from Sora.

I smiled; we were finally going home.

Right before Sora, Donald, and Goofy were out of sight, I yelled, "Goodbye Sora, Donald, Goofy! Long distance relationships never last anyway! So, until next time!"

"NEXT TIME!" I heard Sora promise.

And that was it. We were back home in our living room, Eve and I.

"Did that really-"

"Happen?" I finished for Eve.

"Woah…" She breathed.

All I could do was nod in response.

"But what about Alison? And Lovvy?" She asked me.

I sighed, "Eve…Alison…she's not coming home for a while…she had…I mean…she felt…we'll see her again…soon." I nodded.

"And what about-" Eve was cut off by the door slamming open to reveal a soaking wet Lovvy.

I cocked my head, "Did you take a shower with your clothes on again?" I asked, when I saw that it was clear outside.

"No! I wasn't! When I landed back home, I landed in our swimming pool." She said angrily.

"Welcome home?" Eve tried with a smile.

And then Lovvy started laughing, and so did I, and before we knew it, Eve was laughing too.
♥

Later that night, I was looking out my window, and I saw a star in the sky, a star that shined brighter than the rest. And for some reason, that reminded me of him.

I took a deep breath, "Remember, Sora. You are the one who will open the door to the
light."

"How cliché." A voice mused from behind me.

My eyes widened, I know that voice.

I spun around, "You're home?"
♥

♥Sora♥

After we defeated Ansem, and closed the door, and I made out with Kairi in front of my girlfriend, and we all separated, Donald, Goofy, and I ended up on this dirt road, surrounded by rolling green hills.

"Well, now what do we do?" Donald frowned, realizing that this wasn't his castle.

"We’ve gotta find Riku and King Mickey."

"What about Evelyn? And, uh, where do we start lookin’ for that there door to the light?"

I looked to the ground, completely clueless, but then, I saw Pluto, with a letter in his mouth, looking at us playfully.

"Pluto?" Donald smiled.

"Hey, Pluto. Where have you been?" Goofy laughed.

"Hey!" Donald yelled, realizing what was in his mouth.

"Gawrsh, that’s the king’s seal!"

"Hey, have you seen King Mickey?" I asked him, "HEY!" I yelled after he began to run away.

Or run towards something…

"Guys, let’s go!" I yelled, and as we were running, I could have sworn that I heard a voice –her voice- saying, "Remember, Sora. You are the one who will open the door to the light."
♥