I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 11

-Joe's POV-

I walked over to her bed, trying to be as quiet as I could. But it was very dark and I walked right into her desk. I paused as she stirred.

"Joe?" She mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Yeah, its me." I whispered walking over to her, my cover blown.

I sat down on the edge of the bed, facing her. She was smiling, which was contagious.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked her.

"I could smell you." She said, mumbling into her pillow.

I laughed silently. "You could smell me?"

"Uh-huh. You smell really good you know." She said, poking me in the chest.

"Are you gonna get under here with me or sit out there all night?" She asked, a coy smile playing at her lips.

She rolled over, making room for me. I climbed under the covers and she rolled back over to face me. She began to run her fingers through my hair, and twirl it around her fingers. Her touch sent shivers down my spine.

"I've always liked your hair you know." She said, barely conscious. I could tell that at any minute she would be fast asleep again. So I tried to quiet her as best I could.

"Shh. Go back to sleep Kristen. Your way too tired to stay awake with me." I said, snaking my arm around her waist.

"Nuh-uh. I am not tired." She yawned.

I shook my head at her, she was as stubborn as me. I started to stroke her cheek, from hairline to chin, hoping to lull her to sleep. She shifted closer to me so that we were only inches apart. Oh how I wanted so badly to close that gap...

Then she rested her head against my chest and fell back asleep, almost immediately. I listened to her steady and even breathing for a while, unable to sleep. And then she scared the shit out of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter.
i love comments!
xoxo
kristen