I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 41

-Joe's POV-

The limo arrived in front of Kristen's house and I climbed out, taking the dress and corsage that I bought with me. As I was walking up her steps I couldn't help but let a gigantic smile overtake my face. I reached her door, stopped, took a deep breath, and rang her doorbell. I heard her running to the door, and then she answered it.

She stood in shock of a moment, her eyes wide, just staring at me. Then she spoke, slightly breathless.

"Joe?" She asked in disbelief.

"Hello Kristen. I've come to escort you to Homecoming." I said formally. It took me hours to construct the right sentence, and I had practiced it a hundred times.

"Kristen? Who was at the door?" I heard someone inside the house say. Another guy. And foreign too, by the accent. My brow furrowed.

He appeared at the stairs a second later, and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me. He had black hair that was spiked up, black eyeliner, a few tattoos, and was shirtless.

What was going on? Who was this guy? What had I just walked in on? Then my brain put two and two together. Breathless Kristen. Shirtless guy.

"Who is that?" I asked Kristen, unable to keep all the anger out of my voice. She noticed, and flinched slightly.

"Joe, its not what it looks like." She said, her voice quiet.

"Answer the question." I said, the anger rising in me. She took a deep breath, then glanced back at the foreign guy.

"His name is Bill Kaulitz. He's the singer of Tokio Hotel." She said, not looking me in the eye.

"Oh so I see. When one singer's gone you go right on to the next one." I said, my voice rising slowly.

"Joe, its not like that." She said, her voice rising as well, looking me right in the eye. "You know I wouldn't do that to you."

She's lying. Look at the evidence in front of you. Just accept the fact she cheated on you.

No, she didn't cheat on you. Listen to her! She's telling you the truth you stupid idiot!

She has a history of cheating on you Joe. Remember that!

No! She doesn't have a history of cheating! You just jumped to conclusions last time!

"Explain what happened then." I said, trying to quiet my arguing brain and heart.

"Well-" She started, but I cut her off. My heart won the battle, and took over.

"No, you know what. Just save it. I was going to take you to the best Homecoming ever but I see that you don't want that to happen." I said, my voice turning to a shout.

"If you just listened to me!" She said, her voice raising above mine.

"No! Clearly you don't want this relationship to work-" I began, but she cut me off.

"Are you fucking kidding me Joe!? Of course I want this relationship to work! Remember last time!? Do you!? Do you remember my nightmares!? My depression!? Do you Joe!? Do you remember all that!? Hmm? What about this Joe! Do you remember the day I was drunk Joe!? Do you!? Do you remember what I did!? Hmm? Do you!? Here, I'll remind you! I tried to kill myself! Yeah, remember that!? Now why the fuck would I want to do that on purpose again, when everything was going great!? Do you know the answer to that Joe!? Because I sure as hell don't! Please, enlighten me on that!" She shouted, getting closer to me with every breath so that she was soon shouting in my face.

"I don't fucking know!" I shouted back, hurt and furious. "You still didn't tell me what happened though." I said, voice lowering a bit.

"Oh you want to know now? Not gonna make accusations? I spilled my soda on on him Joe! That's why he's got the towel!" She said, her voice lowering a few decibels.

I looked back at him. He looked frozen in shock, his outlined eyes wide, moving from me to her. I glanced down to his hand. Sure enough, he was holding a towel. Shit. I did the only thing I could think of.

I pushed the garment bag towards her and dropped the corsage.

"Bought you a dress." I said, then turned and left for the limo.

I looked back at her face as I was driving off. She was still clutching the dress, still standing in the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh oh!
what just happened! how do you want this to get fixed? i want to hear your ideas!
and don't forget, i love comments!
xoxo
kristen