I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 42

-My POV-

Joe just left. He just drove off. What just happened? We've never yelled before. Especially not like that.

I stood in the doorway, holding the dress he bought me. I was staring out the glass door, in a daze. I slowly shut the door and turned to face Bill. He was as shocked as I was, but he wasn't in a daze like me.

I leaned against the door and slip down it to the floor. Bill rushed over, apologizing nonstop.

"On mein gott. I'm so sorry Kristen. I shouldn't have come upstairs. I'm so sorry!" He said hurriedly, sitting down next to me.

"Its alright Bill. You didn't mean to." I said, looking over at him. I registered on some level that he was still without a shirt. Maybe I should get him one...

"Do you want a shirt?" I asked him.

"Oh, um sure." He said, and followed me upstairs to my room.

I led him to my closet and let him pick a shirt he thought would fit him. I sat over on my bed, still clutching the garment bag. Bill turned around, wearing a The Academy Is... shirt. He walked over to me and pointed to the bag.

"Are you going to look at it?" He asked. Was I going to look at it? I wanted to. Was I strong enough to? Only one way to find out.

"Yeah." I whispered, unzipping the bag. I gasped when I saw it. It was absolutely beautiful. It was gold with black lace over it, and a bow.

"Oh my God. I muttered, holding it up. Bill gasped just like I did. I felt like I recognized the design, and I checked the tag. I screamed quietly, my eyes going wide.

"What? What is it?" Bill asked, a worried tone in his voice.

"Its a Betsey Johnson design. Bill, this is a $400 dress!" I exclaimed.

"Oh wow. I'm so sorry I messed this up for you." He mumbled again, looking down at his hands.

"Bill don't worry about it. It was an accident." I said, still in awe at the dress I was holding.

"You should try it on." Bill suggested, looking at me again. Should I? Okay, thats a stupid question. Of course I was.

I brought it to the bathroom where I slipped out of my clothes. I unzipped the dress and slid it over my small frame. Shit. Stupid zipper. I sighed exasperatedly.

"Bill! Help!" I shouted, and heard him running to the bathroom. He knocked on the door and I went over to it, holding up the dress. I opened it and revealed him standing there looking nervous.

"Can you zip me up please?" I asked turning around.

-Bill's POV-

I was sitting in her room waiting for her to come back wearing the dress. I was kind of in shock, after watching that whole fight between them. I can't believe some of the stuff I heard. Especially that Kristen had tried to kill herself because of him. I would never treat a girl that way. Ever. And i definitely would never treat Kristen like that. She's so sweet, I would feel terrible.

"Bill! Help!" She shouted from the bathroom. I ran over, a thousand things running through my head. I reached it and knocked, not wanting to just burst in. She opened, holding up the dress.

"Can you zip me up please?" She asked, turning around. The zipper went down far, to her lower back. I gulped and went to zip her up. My hands were shaky, but I managed. Why was that so hard for me to do? Was I getting feelings for this girl? Please I hope not. That would just mess everything up further for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, just a little update.
joe's gonna be in the next one, so you'll see how everythings gonna play out =]
anyways, enjoy the chapter =]
i love comments!
xoxo
kristen