I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 43

-Joe's POV-

I was still in the limo, driving away from Kristen's house. The fight kept replaying through my head. I hate this. I hate how I was such a jerk to her. She was right. I just jumped to conclusions. Again. I am such an idiot. This limo has to turn around. I have to apologize. I can't let this get out of control this time.

"Alfred? Can you go back to her house again?" I asked the driver. He just came with the limo, I think. Like a package deal.

"Of course Mr. Jonas." He replied, turning the limo around.

-My POV-

Bill finished zipping up my dress. It was a perfect fit. I thanked him and went over to the mirror to see myself in it. I gasped when I saw my reflection. It looked gorgeous.

I continued to gaze at myself in the dress, and I felt the tears prickling at my eyes. Ah, here we go. Knew it was gonna happen sometime. That was out first major yelling match.

The tears started to fall down my face. They were silent tears. I turned slowly to face Bill, my head down, looking at my feet. He gasped quietly, then came closer to me. I felt his hand on my shoulder, the other under my chin. He lifted my face to look at him. I gave a small sob and he embraced me in a comforting hug. I hugged him back, crying intohis my shirt, shaking slightly. His hand ran circles in my back, trying to calm me down.

After a few minutes, I had calmed down a bit. I grabbed a tissue and dabbed it at my eyes.

"Better?" Bill asked softly.

"Yeah, thanks." I said, giving him an embarrassed smile. "Sorry you had to witness the waterworks."

"Its okay. I get it. You just had a hard time with your boyfriend."

Just as he finished his sentence, the doorbell rang. Again? Jeez. I'm just super popular tonight.

I headed down to the door, still in my dress. Bill came with me, stopping on the second to last step. I opened the door and it revealed Joe. Again.

"You came back." I stated quietly, my voice shaking slightly.

"Kristen, I'm so sor-" He began, but I cut him off as I threw myself at him in a hug. He returned it immediately, burying his face in my hair. He muttered apologies to me over and over. I was just happy he came back to me.

I released myself from our hug and looked him in the eye. "Its alright Joe, we can talk about it later." A smile erupted on his face and he kissed me. I kissed back instinctively, completely forgetting Bill was there. We were rather engrossed in the start of a makeout session when Bill cleared his throat behind us. Oh. Ha-ha. Oops.

We broke the kiss, standing there kinda awkwardly. I felt reminded of our first kiss together. I smirked at the thought, then decided to break the tension.

"Awkward turtle..." I said quietly, making an awkward turtle with my hands. Joe laughed and Bill looked confused.

"Awkward turtle?" He asked me.

"Yeah, its like something you just do in an awkward silence. Its funny and it breaks the tension." I said, comprehension dawning on his face.

"Oh! I get it now." He responded.

"Uh, Kristen? Do you still want to go to Homecoming?"Joe asked, glancing up at Bill.

"What? Oh my gosh! Yes! We have to hurry though!" I said frantically. "Bill, you don't mind do you? I hate just leaving you here."

"Nein, its fine Kristen. Go have fun! I'll find something to do here." He said, shooing us out the door. I felt something was missing.

"Wait! Shoes!" I said, running to my room to grab a pair of heels. I quickly slid them on and rushed back downstairs. "Okay. Now I'm ready."

I waved goodbye to Bill as he shut the door. Joe and I walked to the limo, hand in hand. He opened the door and bowed like a butler. I curtsied and slid inside. He slid in next to me and shut the door. The limo started driving to the school.

"You look so beautiful in that dress." Joe said to me. I blushed and looked down.

"Thanks, Joe." I said, then scooted closer to him so he could put his arm around me.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, but then Joe spoke.

"Kristen?" He asked, and I looked up at him inquiringly. We locked eyes for a few seconds then he pressed his lips to mine. It was a slow, passionate kiss at first. But then it escalated into a faster, hotter kiss. We were in full makeout mode now. We had shifted, and I had somehow made it to his lap, straddling his waist. His hands were on my hips, moving up my back. I laced my hands through his hair, tangling them in it. His mouth had moved from mine to just under my ear, working down my neck. I let out a moan, which caused him to smirk. He's not gonna get away with this. I grinded my waist into his, and he let out a groan. He leaned his head back and I kissed up his neck, stopping at the corner of his mouth.

"Oh, don't do that to me, baby." He panted, connecting our lips once again. I smiled into the kiss. His hand was moving up my thigh, his fingers slipping under the fabric of my dress. Then he stopped suddenly, pulling out of the kiss. I looked down at him.

"I don't know if I want to do this Kristen. Not in the back of a limo, not with my-" He started, but I cut him off.

"Your promise to God? Its okay, Joe. I don't want to pressure you into anything. We should be at the school soon anyways." I said, my hand stroking his hair. He looked relieved and smiled at me.

"Kristen?"

"Yeah?"

"You're still straddling me."

I looked down. Oh, look at that, I was. Ha-ha. I got off of him and sat next to him, his arm going around me again.

"You know you liked it though. There's no denying that." I smirked up at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha like that chapter?
yeah, anyways Homecoming is the next one!
=]
i love comments!
xoxo
kristen