I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 44

The limo pulled up to the school. I was so excited to be able to share his with Joe. Two of the several things that I love. Oh my gosh. I think I love him. I looked up at him, and he met my stare.

"What? Is there something on my face?" He asked. I laughed and just hugged him. Well, kind of hugged him. It was like a side-hug. Hugs are hard when you're in a car.

"No, nothing on your face." I said, just smiling like an idiot. "Ready?"

"Yeah. Lets go dance." He answered, taking my hand and I led him to the gym. It was decorated for a "Midnight Rendezvous" theme. It looked like a fancy park at night. The Homecoming committee even had glow in the dark stars. Only my school.

We gave the tickets to the lady sitting at the table and she stamped our hands. As we entered the dance, the last notes of the song Don't Stop The Music by Rhianna reached our ears. I frowned. I loved that song. I saw Manda on the dancefloor and I ran over to her, dragging Joe with me.

People stared at us passing. Apparently, it was a "big" deal that a famous person was at our Homecoming. Just get over it people. He's just as normal as anybody. He's just got an extraordinary job is all.

"MANDA!" I screamed, hugging her.

"KRISTEN!" She screamed back. "You guys are late."

I glanced at Joe, who gave a nervous look back to me. "Uh..." I said uncertainly. "Could we talk about that later?"

"Um, yeah. Lets dance. Oh my God! I love this song!" She said, starting to dance as Low by Flo Rida started playing.

We all danced for a few more songs until I was getting worn out. I motioned for Joe to come outside and he nodded, taking my hand and following me out. I led him to a secluded part of the courtyard so any "fans" wouldn't come up to us. I sat us down at a small stone bench.

"Having fun?" I asked him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah. A lot. Haven't been to a school thing in too long." He answered, his arm going around my waist.

"Well, yeah. You're so famous you can't really do stuff like this."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. I love him. I actually love him. I couldn't stop thinking that. Just the thought made me swell with happiness inside. I think its gotten to the size of an elephant so far. I smiled.

I shivered. It was pretty decent out for a New England October, but there was a breeze. Joe looked down at me.

"Want to go back inside?" He asked. I nodded. I didn't want to miss any more fun.

We entered the gym just as a new song was starting. It was a slow song this time, and all the students fell into couples. Joe led me to the dancefloor. I recognized the song, my friend had introduced me to it and I had fallen in love with it. The slow version of Dashboard Confessional's Stolen.

We watch the season
Pull up its own stakes
And catch the last weekend
Of the last week
Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced
Another sun soaked season fades away


Joe rested his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We swayed to the beat of the song. I was quietly singing it.

You have stolen my heart
You have stolen my heart

Invitation only
Grant Farewells
Crush the best one
Of the best ones
Clear liquor and cloudy eyed
Too early to say goodnight

You have stolen my heart
You have stolen my heart


We had drifted closer so that our bodies were only about an inch apart. I continued singing the song, but I was now singing softly in Joe's ear.

And from the ball room floor
We are in celebration
One good stretch before our hibernation
Our dreams assured and we all
Will sleep well
Sleep Well

Sleep Well
Sleep Well
Sleep Well

You have stolen my
You have stolen my
You have stolen my heart


By this time, I had gotten the impression Joe didn't know this song. He sang to all the other ones. He surprised me though. He started singing now, his breath warm on my neck.

Watch you spin around
In your highest heels
You are the best one
Of the best ones
We
All
Look
Like
We
Feel

You have stolen my
You have stolen my
You have stolen my heart


We stayed embraced even after the song had ended. I tightened my grip on him, hugging him. He hugged back, but the DJ ruined our moment.

"Sorry everyone, but that was the last song of the evening!" After he said that, the lights came back on. People started filing out of the gym.

"Are you leaving now?" I asked, sadness raining over my happy elephant inside.

"No, I mean, only if you want me to." He said, looking down.

"What? No! I want you to stay over." I said, smiling up at him. He returned it and we went out to the limo.

I wanted to talk about our fight earlier, get it out of the way. Lets see how this goes...
♠ ♠ ♠
credit for the song goes to niki! (peaceloveconverse)
she's awesome!!! love you nikiiiiiiiiiiii! =]
so yeah. i didnt get very many comments for the last two chapters, whats with that?
can i get more for this one? please?
anyways, next chapter they talk about the fight
i love comments!
xoxo
kristen