I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 45

Joe and I were in the back of the limo again, going back to my house from Homecoming. This was easily the best Homecoming I've been to. Never before was I able to share it with who I love most. We had a good DJ, good theme, it was just all around awesome.

But it was over now, and I had to get back on track. Our fight earlier can't go ignored. We have to talk about it. We've had issues with communication and trust, we have to fix it. Straighten it all out. And if I don't start the conversation now, I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to again. So I went for it.

"Joe. You know we have to talk about it." I said, not bothering to beat around the bush. He looked over at me.

"Yeah I know we do." He answered, glancing down at his hands and playing with his ring.

"You have to trust me if you want this relationship to work, Joe. Relationships aren't effortless. We've had issues with this before and I don't want it to happen anymore."

"I know Kristen. You don't know how much I want this relationship to work. I've never felt this strongly about a girl before. I'm feeling pretty vulnerable I guess. And I've had my broken so many times before because girls have gone for my brothers or other guys. I think I'm just trying to protect myself from it happening again." He said, not looking at me. I maneuvered my way over to him and made him look at me.

"You're the only one I want." I whispered to him, looking into his eyes. He gave me a small smile and kissed my forehead. I rested my head on his shoulder. That went a lot smoother than I had expected. The limo started to slow down and it pulled up to my house.

Joe told the driver his services were no longer needed and we got out of the limo. We walked up to the door of my house and I noticed a piece of paper taped to the glass door. I ripped it off and read it with the help of my cell phone's light.

Kristen,
I didn't want to wear out my welcome, so I called Tom and he picked me up. Hope you had fun at your dance. Talk to you later.
-Bill


At least it won't be awkward now. Joe and me and Bill? Yeah, I don't think so. Joe and I went inside and we headed up to my room.

"Sorry its a mess." I said, breaking the silence.

"Its fine, Kristen." He answered. I looked at myself in my mirror for a second. I need a shower after all that dancing.

"Hey do you mind if I take a quick shower?" I asked him, turning around to see him stretched out on my bed. "Comfortable?"

"Yes, actually. Your bed is really comfy. And no go ahead. I don't mind waiting." He answered, grabbing my pillow.

"You can pick out my pajamas." I said, walking out my door to the bathroom. I smirked as I thought of the outfit I thought he would pick out. He is a guy after all. Probably short shorts and one of my tank tops.

I turned on my shower and stripped out of my dress as it warmed up. The hot water soothed my muscles that were sore from the dancing. I washed my hair, face, and used my favorite body wash. It smelled like strawberries. I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off, wrapping my hair in a towel. I covered myself with a towel and walked back out to my room. I spotted Joe on my bed still, next to my clothes. A pair of my purple short shorts I wore for cheerleading and one of my white camis. Oh! Who called the outfit? Yeah thats right, I did!

"Hey." I said, walking over to my dresser and getting out one of my bras and a pair of underwear.

"Oh, hey." Joe said, his voice breaking. His eyes were wide. Ha ha ha. I don't think he can handle his girlfriend in just a towel. I smirked, grabbing my pajamas from next to him and walking back to the bathroom to get dressed. I changed quickly and went back to my room.

Joe was in the same spot, and I noticed he was still wearing his suit. He didn't have a change of clothes. What's he gonna wear?

"You don't have pajamas." I stated, walking over to him. He looked down at his suit.

"Uh. Yeah I guess I didn't think of that."

I walked over to my dresser and started brushing through my damp hair.

"Your just gonna have to walk around in your boxers then." His eyes went wide, and I'm 99% positive that he blushed. Aw, he's so cute.

"What?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. If you dressed me like a slut, I'm dressing you as one too." I said laughing.

I covered my eyes with my hands as to give him some privacy. Ba ha ha. Yeah right. I peeked through my fingers and watched as he lifted his shirt over his head. Eep. Happy trail. Don't look at it Kristen! Don't look at it! He pulled off his pants and I shut my fingers.

"Okay." He said, sounding kinda nervous. I put my hands down and looked over at him. Oh God, why did I suggest this?

"See Joe. Its not that bad." I said to him.

"Yeah I guess. What do you want to do now?" He asked, looking around my room for God knows what.

I started jumping up and down, smiling. "LETS BAKE COOKIES!" I shouted, grabbing his hand and running to the kitchen.

"Okay, hmmm. Peanut butter cookies or sugar cookies?" I asked, looking through the top cabinet.

"Peanut butter." Joe said. He walked up behind me and grabbed the box for me. I was having some difficulty getting it off the top shelf. He set it on the counter and I turned around to grab the eggs. I crashed into him because he was standing so close to me. I kind of moved to the fridge awkwardly around him. God damned sexual tension!

I grabbed the carton of eggs and we started making the batter. It was really fun, actually. All Joe wanted to do was eat the batter, and I had to stop him from eating it all.

"Stop Joe!" I said, laughing. I was trying to grab the bowl away from Joe, but he held it above my reach. "We're not gonna have any batter left for cookies!"

"Fine." He said, giving me the bowl. Ha ha, sucker. I grabbed it and ran away. "Hey! Thats not fair!" He said, running after me. He chased me all over the house until he finally caught me around my middle.

"Gotcha!" He said, laughing evilly.

"Ah! Hold on." I said laughing, setting down the batter. He still held onto me after I set down the bowl. He planted a small kiss on my shoulder and goosebumps erupted all over.

"Cold?" I could hear the smirk in his voice. I rolled my eyes. I turned around to face him and caught his stare.

"I'm gonna go finish making the cookies now." I said as I left him in the living room by the window. 3...2...1...

I think I heard him mutter "Not so fast." and I heard him walking behind me. He caught my arm and turned me around, setting the bowl on the half-wall. Then he pushed me up against the wall, his lips colliding with mine. I smirked into the kiss, one of my hands tangling itself in his hair. A few moments later, he pulled out of the kiss for air, resting his forehead against mine. I think he was having as much of a hard time resisting me as I was of him. This was going to be an interesting night.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow long chapter much?
serious thanks goes to niki, she helped me so much during this chapter, like you guys don't even know.
so yeah. the second part of the night will be in the next one, what so you guys want to happen?
i love comments!
xoxo
kristen