I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 48

I opened the door to reveal Kevin standing there with a plastic bag filled with, gulp, magazines.

"Hey Kevin." I said, moving aside to let him in. I could tell this was just going to get more awkward than it already was. We moved into the dining room, everyone sitting down. It was silent for a few minutes, and I held in the urge to say awkward or awkward turtle.

Kevin let out a huge breath as if he had been holding it in for a while. "Okay. So I know you said that Kristen and you didn't have sex earlier Joe, but I can't ignore all the pictures. And everyone kind of suspects you would be the first to lose it."

I looked over at Joe, then at Kevin. I didn't know whether Joe wanted to explain it to Kevin or if I should. God, I really did not want to have to say everything. But to my relief, Joe started to talk.

"I know, Kevin. I don't understand why everyone thinks I have no will power when it comes to girls. But anyways, Kev, you have to believe me. Kristen and I did not have sex last night. We almost did, I'm not going to lie to you. You're my brother after all. But we decided that we couldn't. That we shouldn't. That we won't." Joe said. I was pretty impressed with his little speech, not gonna lie.

"Okay. But then why were you two walking around here dressed in like nothing?" Kevin asked, looking back and forth between Joe and me. A small smirk was brought to my lips as I recalled the reason why. If you're dressing me as a slut then I'm going to dress you as one too.

"Well, you see Kevin. After he took me to Homecoming, I had to take a shower. So I gave him the privilege of picking out my pajamas. And of course he picked the least amount of clothing possible. Then we realized he didn't have any for himself. So, I told him that he was just gonna have to walk around in his boxers because if he was going to dress me like a slut then I was going to dress him like one, too." I said, causing Joe to blush slightly and Kevin to laugh.

"Okay. I guess I can accept that then. But what are we going to do about the pictures?" Kevin asked, uncertainty appearing on his face. My heart sank. I had forgotton about those stupid pictures. I sighed.

"Lets see them, then." I said, reaching for the bag he brought over. Kevin dumped its contents on the table and I let out a small gasp. There were eight different magazines, consisting of People, Us Weekly, Seventeen, Cosmogirl, Teen, Star, OK!, and Teen Vogue.

Pictures of Joe and me graced the covers of all of them. I picked up one of them and my mouth dropped. I knew I was going to be in the public eye a lot more now that Joe and I were dating, but this was too much. Here we were, Joe in his boxers, me in my pajamas, making out. One of them was of me with my legs around his waist. How did the press even get these pictures?

I looked at the angle that the picture was taken closer. Hmm. I walked over to where Joe and I had our makeout session last night, Joe and Kevin following me.

"What are you doing?" Kevin asked me. I shushed him with a wave of my hand. I needed to concentrate right now. I looked back at the picture, then my eyes moved up to the opposite wall. A window, with a perfect view of where I was standing.

"They had to have been hiding in my bushes!" I exclaimed, outrage filling me. Joe and Kevin looked towards the window, and I saw Joe's fist clench from the corner of my eye.

"This is such an invasion of privacy. It should honestly be illegal!" I said, throwing the magazine onto the tiled floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
so here it is!
anyways, the other day i was re-reading all the comments that i have for this story, b/c i'm a cool kid like that. but i noticed that the people that left comments in the beginning don't comment anymore. whats with that? i love your guy's comments. they're awesome. so please comment again? pwease?
xoxo
kristen