I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 51

-Nick's POV-

Kevin and I were just hanging out in the hotel room in Boston. Joe was over at Kristen's, he stayed the night there. I trusted my brother, but I don't know how strong his will power was when it came to Kristen. I feel like he would just go along with it and forget his ring and what it stood for.

Anyways, back to the present. I was sitting on the hotel bed in a wifebeater and shorts, a guitar on my lap. I was playing around with a melody that popped in my head last night after my date. Thats right, Joe wasn't the only Jonas out last night.

I had gone out with an old friend from Jersey I had run into a few weeks ago. Okay, I guess "friend" isn't exactly the right term for her. No, we've actually been dating for a while now. Her name's Nicole, Niki for short. She's absolutely amazing in every way.

I started playing around with some different chords when Kevin ran in, a magazine in his hands.

"NICK!" He shouted, skidding to a halt next to me.

"What?" I asked slightly annoyed. He knew I was working out a song right now.

"Look at this!" He said, shoving the magazine in my face. "I can't believe that he did that! Do you know what Mom and Dad are going to say when they see this!"

I looked at the cover of the magazine, my mouth agape and my eyes wide. There, on the cover of People, was Joe and Kristen, hardcore making out. What was more, he was just in boxers and I'm not sure what she was wearing constituted as clothes. As my eyes skimmed down the page, I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor. Kristen had her legs wrapped around his waist and it looked like he was heading towards the stairs. Towards her bedroom. Oh God.

I was speechless, had absolutely no clue what to say. I think I should have on some level been as upset at them as Kevin was, but I was in shock. Kevin was pacing back and forth at the foot of the bed, muttering to himself.

"I think I'm gonna call Joe." He said, pulling out his cell phone. I listened intently, waiting for Joe to pick up and Kevin to put it on speaker.

"Kevin?" Joe asked through the receiver.

"JOE! How could you break your promise to God like that?! You disobeyed Mom and Dad's trust! They would never have let you stay at Kristen's house if they knew thats what you two would be doing!" He shouted.

"Kevin. Kevin! Shut up! What the hell are you talking about?" He asked, and my brow furrowed. How did he not know what he was talking about?

"Everyone knows you had sex with Kristen! Its EVERYWHERE! Stop playing dumb!" He yelled back.

"Kevin, Kristen and I did not have sex last night! What are you talking about? What's everywhere?" Joe said. Could it be possible that they didn't have sex? Is there still hope?

"Pictures! Pictures Joe! Of you and her! Pictures where you're just in boxers and she's wearing practically nothing! Every magazine!" Even though Joe wasn't here, I could tell that his face just paled. The news of this would do that to me, too.

"Kevin, come over immediately. Bring the magazines." Joe said, hanging up the phone. Kevin angrily put his phone back into his pocket and looked at me.

"What?" I asked. He looked like he wanted to say something to me.

"Are you gonna come?" He asked, starting to collect the magazines from the room.

"No, I think I'm just gonna stay here and try to let this whole thing sink in. Besides, I might hang out with Niki today." I said, smiling at the thought.

"Alright, call you if something happens."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Just if something happens."
♠ ♠ ♠
so, i thought i would update for you guys =]
i know its from nick's pov and that you guys really wanna know whats going on with kristen and all that drama, but i didnt want to post it just yet =]
i like building the suspense for you =]
but anyways, new character!!
niki- you're gonna be in it ALOT more so dont get disappointed that you arent really in it that much yet. i even already i have a hilarious scene planned out =]
so yeah.
i love comments!
xoxo
kristen