I Knew Babysitting Paid, But It Finally Paid Off

Chapter 7

The four of us walked off the bus, Joe and I hand-in-hand. In order to get inside, we had to cross paths with them. The fans. The crazy, obsessed, screaming fans. We rounded the corner and came into view. And the screaming began.

"I LOVE YOU NICK!"

"I LOVE YOU JOE!"

Manda and I kept getting these evil glares from everyone. Girls our age, little girls, even the mothers were glaring at us, all of them jealous because we were with two-thirds of the Jonas Brothers. And it probably didn't help that I was holding hands with the cute, funny one.

We finally reached safety and made our way to the floor and the stage. Then we ran into Kevin.

"You guys should have been here twenty minutes ago!" Kevin said and catching sight of Joe's and mine clasped hands, he began to smirk.

"Relax Kevin! They're here now!" Manda said.

We walked over to the enormous stage, where the crew was testing the lights.

"You guys can sit anywhere you like while we practice." Joe said.

Manda and I gave him looks of astonishment. Us? Sitting down? Are you crazy?

"Are you for real Joe? You expect us to sit?" I said, looking at him with my eyes wide.

"Yeah. There's no way we're gonna sit down. Uh-uh. We'll be in the mosh pit dancing it up. You guys are our favorite band, you know." Manda stated.

"Okay, you two do that. But you should probably know, there isn't a pit for this show." Nick mentioned.

"There is always a pit, Nicholas. You have so much to learn." Manda replied to him.

The boys got on-stage, Nick and Kevin grabbing their guitars. Nick was right, as much as we hated to admit it, there really wasn't a pit. But that didn't stop us from acting like there was one. We were just right up against the stage. They started with Kids of The Future.

Manda and I started to sing and dance, while they played S.O.S., Goodnight and Goodbye, When You Look Me In The Eyes, and Year 3000.

"What did you think?" Nick asked once they were finished.

Manda and I were beaming, it had been unbelievable.

"Awesome!" Manda said while I said "Amazing!" so it came out sounding like "Awesozing."

All three of them began to laugh uncontrollably.

"What's so funny?" I asked, the two of us confused. Then it hit us. We had turned into the chipmunk versions of ourselves. The high-pitched, squeaky, chipmunk voices we acquired when we attended concerts. We groaned.

"C'mon guys its not that funny!" I whined.

"You-guys-sound-like-chipmunks!" Joe said in between laughs.

"Yes, yes we are aware of that. This happens at every concert we go to." Manda said, annoyed.

"Really? Wow I feel bad for you guys." Kevin said, trying to gain control of his laughter.

"Yeah. We've gotten used to it. I guess we go to too many shows." I said shrugging, Manda nodding her head.

"We're concert whores." Manda said.

Then a crew member came over to us.

"They're letting in the fans now." He told us.

We ran to the boys' dressing room, for fear of being mobbed.
♠ ♠ ♠
uhm, idk what to write here.
=D
i love comments!
xoxo
kristen