Urge

Persistence

Kat’s mind was running faster than a cheetah on the hunt. She wanted so badly to turn around, walk back to Theo, and blast him into the next life!

Why would he do something like that? She gave no hint whatsoever that she liked him. None! And he went and gave her not only a kiss, but also her first. Goddamn son of a bitch, she though as she burst outside. It was raining slightly but it felt good on her hot face. Kat stood there leaning on the railing in front of her, her head tilted up towards the sky.

“Ms. Rattles, right?”

Kat didn’t want to talk to anyone at all at the moment,

“Ugh, yes that’s me. Who wants to know?”
“Lucifer.”

Kat’s eye popped open and she turned around to face the other nightmare. He stood up, hands crossed over his muscular chest. His pale skin rippled with veins.

“Um, hi what do you want?”

He smiled as he whipped water off of his face,

“Nothing just saw what happened back there.”

Kat folded her arms.

“So, you and Theo are getting pretty close, really fast wouldn’t you say?”

“Ha, no. He came on to me to piss you off. Some bullshit about, now he can’t have you, or something, I don’t know.”

Lucifer’s eye’s flashed with a hint of hatred. Kat realized that whatever Theo did, wasn’t because he was a jerk, but he was trying to protect her.

More water splashed down off of the rooftop as the wind blew across the courtyard.

“Well, Ms Rattles. You have a good day, tell Theo I said hello will you?” Lucifer replied with a smile, before spinning around and heading back into the school.

Kat turned back around to face the courtyard again.

“Of Course…”