‹ Prequel: Hope Came With Wings

In The Shadows Where We Lie

When Nightmares Plague the Innocent

“I love you.” I whispered.
He pulled me close, attaching our lips. We kissed, and the feeling of the kiss was one of goodbye. My tears were on both of our faces now as they continued to run.

He pulled away reluctantly and looked in my eyes. There was so much to say, but neither of us could say it. There was no time, and really all we needed was found in the other’s eyes. The love, heart-ache, and in his I saw something else…failure maybe?

“You did all you could Seth. Don’t regret anything now. We are together, and wherever we get after this, we will always be together.” He just stared at me and nodded his head, knowing I was right but still couldn’t bring himself to fully be proud of himself for trying.

“Yes yes, say your goodbyes! Really, it just tears my heart up to see you lovers like this.” Kradence voice boomed over all the snarls and hisses from the two crowds of vampires. “Wait, that’s right! I have no heart.” He grinned and the mob of vampires behind him broke into a fit of laughter. He turned to address them, and I heard his words loud and clearly, “Seth is mine. Avoid Gracie, I want her alive. Be strong, my children, and,” He turned and smiled at us deviously. “…have fun.”

At those words, the many fleshlings and older, trained vampires behind Kradence smoothed themselves into attack positions. They grew jumpy and snarled, climbing over each other as they slowly started inching towards us. I could see Kradence in the front still, taking off his jacket and handing it to a vampire who hung it in a tree. Kat was next to him, her teeth were pulled back in an ugly grin, but there was a hint of sorrow in her eyes. Next to her was Jackie, who seemed to slightly cower backwards, not wanting any part in this.

“This is it.” Seth said. The vampires behind us started to gather closer, getting into their attack positions which somehow seemed more sophisticated and delicate.

And then, with a great howling growl from the other side, the fight had begun, and vampire bodies were colliding all around me. Suddenly Seth is lying on the ground, lifeless under Kradence’s hold.


“No!” I scream, and wake up sweating, tears fresh on my face.
It was just a dream. Seth isn’t dead. He is still out there, looking for me hopefully.
It was all just a dream.

So why am I still shaking? Why am I so afraid, and why does that dream seem all too realistic?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a short little filler, but I wanted to update again today, just because. :)

This is definitley dedicated to chemicals;react, who has been the only one ot comment in the last few chapters, so thank you very much Breanna!

much love!
-Jay