‹ Prequel: Hope Came With Wings

In The Shadows Where We Lie

Dear God,

Seth's POV
Present Time


The sun is up, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Gracie is gone, trapped somewhere, like a caged animal, by Kradence. If anyone should be caged like an animal, it should be Kradence! Oh my god, I'd like to rip him apart with my bare hands!

He has taken everything away from me! My life, Max, Kat, and now Gracie? I will always be his vampire!
"God damnit!" Oops. That's the 3rd hole I've punched in the wall since we got here. I need to replace it with Kradence's face!

I can't believe the bastard moved. I hadn't really seen much of him in years, and now I have no clue where he is. Or where he took Gracie.
"I'll never find her" I think, as tears start forming in my eyes again.
Forget that "tough men don't cry" shit someone use to tell me. When the girl you love has just been taken from you by some jerkoff who has been taken people out of your life for years, you have a right to fucking cry!

I'm torn out of my thoughts when there is a knock on my door and I look up to see Eryn slipping in. She sits beside me, putting an arm around me as I cry.
"You do have a right to cry Seth. But don't worry," she says, taking my face in her hands."we will find her, I promise." Something in her eyes makes me want to believe her.

I sniffle and reply, "I hope your right, Eryn. I really love Gracie. I couldn't stand to lose her like Kat..."

She nods her head. "Hey, I've already called some people. Jimmy is coming over tonight and he's bringing some people who will help us. We can start by hitting some of the major vampire hangouts, asking them if they know anything. If we don't find her tonight, atleast we will make some good progress." I nod along with what she says and try to dry my eyes. I want to hold onto the little hope she is trying to give me, but it's just so easy to doubt it.

"Well then you have to try harder and believe in us! We won't give up Seth." She answers my thoughts, hugging me.

"Uh, Seth?"

"Yeah Eryn?"

"You have really got to start watching where you're punching. The walls can't take much more, and the landlord will be pissed!"
I laugh, realizing she's right.

"Ha, it's okay for now. I understand things are hard. But maybe I'll get you a punching bag for christmas!" She says, getting up, making me laugh again.
"I'll let you know when they get here, if you want to sleep or something." She said before she left the room.

Sleep. Yeah right. I wouldn't sleep a wink until I know Gracie is okay for sure.
Looking around in my room, my eyes fell on Gracie's ipod. I brief smile appeared on my face when I thought how lost she must be without it. She never went anywhere without it. The smile was replaced by a frown, when I remembered that she had no choice.

I picked the ipod up and lay down on my bed, putting the white earbuds in my ears. She has 281 songs on here, so I figured something good would come on. I hit shuffle, and let out a small laugh when the first song started. The Misfit's Scream played in my ears, reminding me of the first night Gracie stayed here. We had so much fun. Even then I knew there was something special about her. Something that made me fall in love with her.
When that was over, Pantera's Cemetary Gates played. I closed my eyes and only thought about the music, starting to feel drowsy.
My eyes shot open and I gasped when Avenged Sevenfold's Dear God began playing through the tiny speakers. Listening to this brought fresh tears to my now tired eyes. My heart ached for Gracie. I continued to listen to the song, feeling the lyrics like I was saying them.

"Dear God,
the only thing I ask of you
is to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Great songs!
hope you like it!

Just to let you know, I'm kinda having second thoughts about this story. I know I will continue to write it, but for some reason I feel like I'm losing interest, so i'm going to try to find ways to gain back my interest. I just feel like what I'm writing is boring. Maybe not... maybe I just feel that way because I am writing it lol. What do you think? Is it too boring or confusing or anything like that?

comments = <3