‹ Prequel: Hope Came With Wings

In The Shadows Where We Lie

Angel***

Gracie's POV
Present time


I was startled awake when I heard the huge door to my room slam shut. I gasped when I saw the culprit. There stood Eryn.

"Eryn!" I squealed, jumping up and running towards her. "You came to rescue me didn't you! Where's Seth? Why did you slam the door? You should be more quiet, Kradence might here you." I engulfed her in a hug, which she made no move to return.
"Eryn? What's wrong?" I moved back to look at her face.

A mischievous smirk slowly slipped onto her face. "Who cares? He knows I'm here."

"What?" I backed away from her.

"Kradence knows I'm here. But Seth doesn't."

"B..b..but I don't understand."

"Oh what is so fucking hard to understand! Let me spell it out for you. I. Work. For. Kradence! You think I would spend all my time with pathetic goodies? Kradence's way is so much more fun." She smiled, her teeth gleaming.

"But, Eryn you...how can you say that?" I choked out, tears threatening my eyes. She looked at me seriously for a second, but then I could tell she was trying hard to hold in a laugh, but was failing miserably. Soon, she burst into a fit of giggles. I just stared at her in confusion.

"Eryn? What are you..." My eyes widened in horror and my words were caught in my throat at what I saw. Eryn...well she wasn't Eryn. Her short blonde hair began growing, very quickly. It grew down about to her waist. As it grew, it turned from blonde to black, starting at the roots and going on down. Her shorter layers were a light blue that seemed to match her eyes. She was about my height, but she was more curvier than Eryn. She had silver snake bites and pink star gauges. I had no clue who she was, but already I knew she was a vampire, and that we probably weren't going to get along.

"Don't cry Sweetpea. I won't hurt you yet. We are just getting started. Did you like my trick? It's a shame I can only transform into other people, not animals or anything like that." She cackled.

"What do you want?" I asked firmly, regaining my voice and half way regaining my confidence.

"What I want isn't the question here, Angelfuck. It's what you want. Now I know you don't want to sneak up in here and take Kradence from me, am I right? Because I'm warning you, Gracie. Kradence is mine. If he forgets about me and moves onto you, you're dead."

"What are you talking about? I don't want anything to do with him! I just want to go home with Seth and get out of this hell hole."

She got very close to me and whispered harshly, "You know nothing of Hell! When I am through with you, you will wish you were in Hell because what I do will be much worse. Stay away from Kradence!"

I just smirked at her insecurity. She was so sure that Kradence was going to leave her for me, and she was scared.
"You're intimidated by a human. How does that feel?"

Fury filled her eyes, but she soon covered it up and smiled. "I'm not intimidated, hun. I know how Kradence is. He's done this before. But I got to the girl first. He knew it was me, and somehow it made him become even more attracted to me. So either way, I will still win. But poor Seth. He's losing someone again."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, confused. She just smiled wider.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" She asked curiously. I shook my head. She thrust her hand out towards me. "Kathryn Mari Sanchez." She introduced herself, taking my hand. She leaned in closer, smiling devilishly. "That's Seth's ex-girlfriend, Kat."

I raised an eyebrow at her. Why should I care that she is Seth's ex? Good for her, he's mine now bitch!
"I see. And you left him for Kradence?"

Her smile slightly faded. "Kinda."
♠ ♠ ♠
short and late, I know, I'm sorry.
The next one will be a flashback of Kat's.
But it might not be for a while. Sorry, but i'm just so busy!

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy!
Please comment :)

~Jay