‹ Prequel: Hope Came With Wings

In The Shadows Where We Lie

Cabin Fever

Gracie’s POV

Two Days
That is all the time that has passed. Two slow, painful, lonely days.
I have seen Kradence once, and that was when I first woke up in this nightmare. Kat came to visit me once, and that was not more than an hour ago when she came to threaten me, then won over my sympathy when she informed me of part of her and Seth’s past. And that is it. Other than that, I have been stuck here alone in this dark hole.

No, that is not an exaggeration. There is nothing in here but a bed, a dresser, a tiny dim lamp, a comfy chair, a small bathroom, and some other random bedroom things. Suitable for living I guess, that is if we were still in the 60’s and I weren’t already accustomed to having my iPod and other essentials with me everywhere I go! Yes, I am dying without my iPod. My music helps me get by, and it makes it worse that I have so much to think about and actually enough time to think about it. Usually I can distract myself, but these last two days haven’t worked that way.

All I do is lie around and wonder if Seth is okay. That’s all I can do.
Now I’m sure he is probably wondering the same about me, seeing as how I am the one who was kidnapped by the psycho vampire, but I’m worried about him. I know he is probably driving himself mad trying to see Kradence’s plans, trying to figure out where he has taken me, anything that could help get me back. And I’m not there to help keep him calm and remind him that everything will be okay.
But will it? How would I reassure Seth if I’m not even sure myself?
I heard what Kradence said, loud and clear: “Maybe I'll keep you when I'm through with Seth."

I shuddered just thinking about it. Kradence had it out for Seth, obviously, and vice versa. I just hope that whatever Kradence was planning would get ruined before he got to Seth, but I had confidence in Seth. I’m confident that he could put up a good fight. Still, I’m pretty sure Kradence is capable of a lot of crazy shit. Is Seth that strong too?
It seems I have an enemy now also. Kat has it out for me. But I don’t want what Kat has! She can have Kradence and the rest of this stupid evil vampire life. Kradence could certainly continue his domination of vampires without me on his side. All I wanted now was to go back to Seth. Hadn’t I been through enough hell in the past month and a half?

And that’s the part I keep getting back to. All of the hell I have put up with recently. I’m sounding like a whiny bitch complaining because I have dealt with so much. Honestly it’s quite a surprise I haven’t done away with myself already.
But I know the answer to why I haven’t. Seth. He is stopping me. Not intentionally, but just knowing I have him in my life makes it worth staying.

A tear escapes my eye, I miss him so much. It’s crazy how little a time I have known him and yet now I feel I need him. It’s not like stupid infatuated girly girl type “love” where he is all I think about and I find myself writing his name everywhere. No, it’s nothing like that. But it’s like he is apart of me now, and after all we have gone through together in just this little of time, it is impossible to imagine life without him. Of course, I know I would no longer have a life without Seth, so that could be why I can’t imagine it. It just isn’t a possibility now.

“Ugh!” I groan. I need to stop thinking. That will be my new goal. Maybe I can find a fascinating spot on the wall to investigate and that will take my mind off of things?
Yeah right. But maybe it’s worth a try...

What feels like an hour later, I find myself sprawled out in the huge red chair in the corner of the room, picking at the little hole in the side. I walked around the entire room and trust me, there is nothing fascinating about the walls. I picked through the little dresser and found a few boxes of matches, which I thought was odd. But they came in handy when I found an entire box of candles under the bed.

I lit multiple candles and set them around the room, giving it that eerie horror movie type feel. Wow, living my perfect horror film, vampires and all. Except, in this one I am the poor traumatized ditz that gets slaughtered by the blood thirsty vampires. I smile, because somehow I find it amusing that I am living a horror movie.

“I’m going insane!” I yell in a sing-song voice, laughing out loud.

“Hmm, well that’s not good.” A sweet, high pitched voice comes.

“Woah!” I jump at the sound of the other voice, throwing myself out of the chair.
Little giggles spill out from the owner of the voice. Well, it’s not Kradence or Kat, I know that much. But it’s a vampire, so I’m on my guard.
I jump up and sit back in the chair, trying to look tough, but I am suspicious of this new person. I haven’t exactly had a good experience with the vampires in this place so far.

“Chill out Gracie. I’m not here to further scare you.”

“It seems you are wrong, seeing as how I feel I might have just pissed my pants.” I mumble and she giggles again. Jeez, what is she, 10? “Uh, so what do you want then? You just interrupted my going insane, so this must be important?” I rolled my eyes.

She scoffed. “So pessimistic. You are not going to go insane Gracie, you just haven’t figured out how to use your time wisely yet.” She corrected.

“Um, well excuse me for not enjoying staring at the walls!”

I couldn’t see her, but I knew she was rolling her eyes. “Yeah I guess you’re right. But I see you have already explored your room? What, are you trying to burn the place down?” She noted the candles.

“Hmm…I hadn’t thought of that.” I said, mostly to myself.

“Yeah well don’t try it. Kradence would either leave you behind to roast in the fire, or drag you out with him and torture you, for punishment and enjoyment.” She stated like it was a worldly-known fact.

“Whatever.” I continued to pick at the chair.

She was silent then. I looked up, but she was still in the dark so I couldn’t see her.
“Why are you doing that?” I asked her.

“Doing what?”

“Watching me from the dark side of the room? I can’t see you, so it’s kind of creepy and you are very quiet so I’m not sure you’re even there anymore.” Ah, but then again, did I really want the strange vampire any closer to me?

She didn’t answer me. But as I stared into the darkness, a pale figure slowly emerged. As she advanced, I could make out her lightly colored face, surrounded my long, beautiful, pale curls. She wore a long sleeved, skin tight black shirt that seemed to almost reflect her pale skin and light blue bell-bottom jeans.
I gasped when she was in full view. She was absolutely adorable, and it was very obvious how young she was or…had been. I saw her cringe at the sound, but it was gone a second later and she straightened up looking so serious.

“Nice to finally meet you Gracie. I’m Jackie.” She smiled, and I felt myself grow more confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
more very soon.

please comment :)
thank you readers ^_^

<3 Jay