Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Welcome to the Atruskia

Brian's POV

"You're going to love this hotel," Jimmy said as the limo drove down Las Vegas Boulevard.

Five years have passed since Nikki disappeared. Five years since I actually had a relationship. I've had my one-night stands, my groupies, and my strippers. None ever amounted to what Nikki meant to me.

Five years passed and Avenged Sevenfold has made it big. Bat Country has made us popular and close to being a household name. We were big and getting bigger. We were taking the rock world by storm.

Five years had passed and Jimmy's getting married. He's marrying Tash Harper. That's right, Nikki's dear friend that was in rehab. She made it through and has been clean ever since. Her and Jimmy started dating and soon, eventually fell in love with one another. Jimmy proposed to her and now their getting married.

Strange thing about Tash is that she now a concierge at a hotel in Vegas, the Atruskia. Jimmy's the only one that's been there and he goes there often. Something in my gut told it that it wasn't just to see Tash.

"Which hotel," Val asked.

"The Atruskia. Tash works there and we got some connections," Jimmy replied as the limo pulled up to the front.

We all got out and looked at the hotel. It was amazing. Tall, artistic, blue. It was just amazing to see. (think Montecito from Las Vegas. We were surprised that Tash landed a job here.

The valet looked at Jimmy and said, "Hello, Mr. Sullivan. Welcome back to the Atruskia. We'll get your bags for you and your friends."

Jimmy smirked as he just nodded, "Thanks."

We followed him inside. Tash was standing by the front desk, looking apparently pissed, at what looked like another person who worked at the hotel.

"Keirsten, you don't do that. You don't tell the guest what to do, especially him," Tash yelled, pointing to a man.

We recognized him and our eyes widened. It was fucking Hunter S. Thompson. Hunter S. Thompson, Dr. fucking Gonzo, himself. He was sitting next to a little girl who looked around three or four. She had black hair that flopped over her face, hiding it. She was obviously upset about something because we could hear her sniffling.

"You know what, Harper? Shut the fuck up," Keirsten, the other woman, yelled back at Tash, "You are a fucking useless piece of shit. You can't tell me what to do."

"Yes I can. And I also know that you slapped a little girl," Tash said, narrowing her eyes.

"Tch. So what if I did," Keirsten yelled.

"You didn't just slap any girl," Tash yelled, "Do you realize who that little gir is?"

"Some snot nose brat!"

"No, that's Mariemaia McCade," Tash said, yelling even louder, "You slapped the daughter of the owner of this hotel."

Wait a second. McCade? Could this little girl, this Mariemaia be the daughter of Nikki?

"You slapped my daughter," came another voice.

I recognized it. That familiar voice. I would recognize it anywhere. It was the voice that haunted my dreams at night.

We all turned around to see Nikki walking towards Tash and Keirsten. At her sides were two snarling rotweillers that growled at us as they walked passed us. She looked the same just that her hair was longer and that she looked a bit taller. Those amazing green eyes were narrowed and filled with fury. Her long fingers were clenched into a fist. It was obvious that something had annoyed her off.

Keirsten looked at Nikki with fear and the little girl moved, walking towards Nikki and hugging her leg. Nikki placed a hand on the girl's head but was still furious.

"Ms. McCade, I'm so sorry. I-"

"You slapped my daughter," Nikki asked again, more venom in her voice, "You slapped Mariemaia Julianne McCade, my only child?"

"I'm sorry I-"

"You're fired," Nikki replied, cutting her off, "You're fired for being asshole to the guests and for slapping my daughter. You have been here for two weeks and I have piles of complaints about you. And slapping Mariemaia.......you're fired and that's final."

Keirsten just stared at Nikki, shocked, for a couple of seconds before she just walked out of the hotel, huffing.

Tash sat down, sighing, as she ran her hand through her hair. "Nikki, I-"

"Its not your fault," Nikki replied, picking up the little girl.

She clung onto Nikki's neck. That's when she looked at us for the first time. We all just stared at each other, in shock.

"Um," Nikki said, muttering, "This doesn't happen much. Me firing someone."

Val just instantly hugged her, not even bothering to say anything. A hug was all that Val could do.

"I missed you, Nikki," Val sobbed, hugging Nikki.

Nikki sighed as she hugged her back, while holding onto her daughter. "I missed you too."

It turned into a huge hug-fest. I was surprised that she gave me a hug as well. It felt weird but right as well.

"Okay," Nikki said, looking down at her daughter, Mariemaia, "I need to go therapy so Grandpa Hunter will watch you."

The little girl looked at Nikki and nodded, hugging her, "Okay mommy."

That's when I saw Mariemaia's face. Thin lips like her mother, high cheekbones, and brown eyes. Wait, Nikki doesn't have brown eyes.

Nikki walked past us, heading out, when she stopped, "Oh, welcome to the Atruskia, guys."
♠ ♠ ♠
So the first part is out. Can I get some applause please?

Not my best work....a bit on the crappy side but hey.....whatever