Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Hello, Again

Brian's POV

I laid on Nikki's bed, holding her as she slept. Part of me was scared that she would disappear if I fell asleep and of course, I didn't want that. She was back in my life and I wanted to keep her with me as long as I could. Her sleeping figure was a view of beauty.

"Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games," came softly from the end table.

That was my ringtone and I reached over to grab it. I didn't look at who was calling; I just flipped it open and pressed the talk button.

"Hello?"

"Brian, its dad."

"Hey dad, what's up."

"Well, I'm assuming you're with Nikki, so Suzy has decided that Mariemaia will be spending the night with us so she wants to know if its okay that we go buy some clothes for her."

"Yeah, that's fine. Nikki and I will be back tomorrow."

We said our good-byes and hung up. I sighed as I looked up. Nikki had replaced the ceiling above with glass, making the sky her ceiling. I guess she didn't like the idea of a typical ceiling and decided to do her own thing. Oh well, its pretty cool because instead of looking up and seeing white, I look up and see the sun setting sky. Pinks and oranges tainting the blue. It was like a painting that Nikki could do herself.

I wonder if she's done any paintings since she's left. Random, I know but I was curious.

"Who were you talking to?"

I looked down to see Nikki's green eyes staring at me. She looked the same as before I was on the phone except for the fact that her eyes were open.

"My dad. Mari's staying with them for tonight and we'll get her tomorrow."

"Oh," she replied, getting up, "I'm hungry and now I'm going to make dinner."

After putting on a pair of boxers and a shirt, I walked down stairs to the kitchen. After a few days of living in her house, I knew the layout of Nikki's house. In the kitchen was Nikki, making pasta wearing a pair of shorts and a loose tank-top. Her hair was in a messy pony-tail but that didn't stop her bangs flopping over her eyes. Despite this look, I loved it.

"So," Nikki started as I sat down in front of her, "What are we?"

"Will you be my girlfriend," I asked after I thought about what she asked.

"Okay."

"Then you're my girlfriend and I'm your boyfriend," I answered, smartly.

"You are odd."

"You do realize that I didn't use a condom, Nikki," I said as we started eating.

"Whatever happens, happens," Nikki replied.

"If you're pregnant, you are not running away," I warned.

"I won't."

Nikki's POV

"Mama," Mariemaia called as I walked into the Atruskia.

I smiled as I picked her up, hugging her, "Hi, sweet pea."

Everyone gasped as Brian came up behind me, kissing my cheek. He looked at me and I knew that he wanted to hold Mariemaia so I placed her in his arms.

"Is there something you want to share with the class," Tash asked.

"Nikki's my girlfriend," Brian replied as I fixed my tie.

Ties had become one of my favorite things ever so I wore them practically everyday.

"Seriously," Val asked, screaming.

I winced as I grabbed a bottle of vodka and a shot glass from a passing waitress. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to order a giant bow," I said, trying to walk off with my vodka.

"Oh no, you don't," Tash said, grabbing my wrist, "You are supposed to help me with the wedding planning."

The good thing I wasn't the only one that was dragged into Tash's wedding planning. She made everyone, including Brian's parents, come for lunch and planning. I sat next to his dad and Brian as I stared at my black nails. I felt awkward being around his parents again. With me leaving and all, I had no idea on how they feel about me.

"So, Nikki," Suzy started, causing me to look at her, "How are you?"

"To be honest, I feel awkward," I replied.

"Why," Papa Gates asked.

I started mumbling and staring at my lap, tugging on my fingers. Tash and Jimmy both looked at me, knowing full well that this what I did when I felt nervous or in this case, awkward. I wish Hunter was here but he had some things to do over in Woody Creek so he was gone for a couple of days. Not happy.

Brian grabbed my hand, relaxing me. "It's okay," he muttered.

"I'm sorry I ran off and didn't say anything about me being pregnant and yeah," I finally said, clearly.

Suzy just gave me a hug and said, "You're still the same Nikki that we know but this time, you made us grandparents!"

"Yeah," Papa said, "I have another kid to baby who is an absolute sweetie."

Tash started laughing and we all looked at her. I think she was sugar or drunk or something to that caliber. She's such a strange person but whatever; Tash Harper is my best friend.

"What's so funny, Jailbait," I asked, pouring myself a shot of vodka.

"Going to dinner parties and running a hotel, the Great Nikki McCade has no problems but when talking to the grandparents of her daughter, she freezes."

"Seriously," Zacky asked, laughing.

I rolled my eyes, "I have another dinner party to go to and you all are invited."

"Where," Johnny asked, taking a bite of his steak.

"The Mandalay Bay."

"What's going to be there? I mean, what's going on," Matt asked.

"Its a fundraiser for research to help with heroin addicts," I answered, "And of course, I would be there. I have decided to go cold turkey about my own addictions."

Everyone did a little applause which just caused me to give them a strange look.

"You all are still coming to that fundraiser."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to announce that as soon as one of my current stories is finished, I am going to be starting a Jacoby Shaddix story. If you don't know, Jacoby is the lead singer of the band, Papa Roach, and he also owns part of my heart.

Additionally, I'll be bringing my laptop with me when I go on vacation so there will be so updates.