Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Wedding Plans

Brian's POV

"Well, it seems like you are a positive influence for Nikki," Dr. Levesque, Nikki's therapist, said as she wrote my name down on a list of people she knows., "You clearly do have a special relationship with her and she does in fact trust you, which is nice seeing from her considering she normally hates most people."

I nodded, smiling, as Nikki smiled, laying her head on my shoulder, totally chill with life and other things right now. Its like nothing could piss her off right now but you never know with Nicole Storm McCade. Nikki's the type of person who can look all fine and dandy but in a second, she'll turn around and rip someone a new one. Dr. Levesque smiled as well and said, "Its good to see her happy and congrats on the engagement."

"Thanks," I said as the session ended with the beep of her watch.

"Well, Nikki, seeing that you are doing so well. How about in two weeks," Dr. Levesque suggested.

Nikki nodded and replied, "Alright."

We walked out of Dr. Levesque's office and headed straight for the Escalade. Her therapist had decided that I should come in at one of Nikki's sessions just to get an idea of who is going to be marrying her patient and to tell me of how Nikki's going to be like for awhile. Either way, I thought it was a good idea so I went. Dr. Anna Levesque is actually a pretty good therapist and shockingly enough, Nikki can stands her.

"So, what do you think of my therapist," Nikki asked as we got in and she turned the ignition.

"She's really insightful and from what I can see, she's a good therapist," I replied as Nikki pulled out of the parking lot.

"We have to do wedding planning with Tash and Jimmy."

"I know and I'm not looking forward to it. And lucky Mari's just hanging with my parents," I pouted as I played with radio, trying to find to a good station or a good song.

The Rolling Stones' Jumpin' Jack Flash started play and both Nikki and I looked at each other. This was the song that Johnny Depp's character, Raoul Duke, drove off to in the final scene of one of our favorite movies, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. That's when we started being random and doing happy dances while we headed to the Atruskia.

Misfits attract misfits.

"So how was therapy," Val asked as we walked into the meeting room.

"Fine," Nikki replied as she took her seat at the head of the table.

"Okay, planning," Tash said, standing up with Jimmy, "Okay first, Nikki , I want you to be my maid of honor."

"And Brian, seeing as I have no brothers and you've been my best friend for like ever, you're going to be my best man," Jimmy said.

Nikki just blinked as I asked, "Seriously?"

"Yup. And we want Mariemaia as our flower girl," Tash said.

"You do realize that she's probably going to dump all the flowers in one spot, run off, and play with her stuffed animals," Nikki said, trying to imagine herself as Tash's maid of honor.

"But think adorable my little niece would be as a flower girl," Jimmy said, starting to pout.

"Okay," Nikki said, pouring herself some Mountain Dew.

Nikki's POV

"So now let's do your guys' wedding plans now," Matt said.

I almost dropped my glass when he said that. The only thing Brian and I had planned wedding wise was the fact that I was going to get my last name changed but otherwise, does knowing that I'm getting married count?

"Um, do we seriously have to plan this," Brian asked, "I mean Tash and Jimmy just have declared their wedding for next week and that means we all have to shopping now so I don't think doing our wedding plans would be smart."

"You just want to avoid that," Johnny said.

"Correct."

I nodded as I poured myself some more Mountain Dew, "I'll run a hotel, fine and dandy. Plan a wedding, that's fucking hard!"

They all laughed at my answer. Just like me: preferring to work on something harder and find it easier when I rather NOT plan my own wedding.

"You'd think she'd rather do a Vegas wedding," Zacky said.

I threw my empty can at him and smirked.

"Do you have any idea of how you want to do this wedding," Brian asked as we drove back home.

Mariemaia was sleeping in the back. She and Brian's parents spent the day at Circus Circus and now she was dead tired. She did put up a bit of a fight when we came to pick her up but she gave up, falling asleep in Brian's arms.

"No, I don't have any clue. Do you," I asked, pulling into the private street.

"I was thinking and we need to do something special. You deserve it," Brian said, taking hold of my hand.

I glanced at him, biting my lower lip. "I want it after Tash and Jimmy's wedding and honeymoon."

"That works for me," Brian replied.

We got to my house and Brian carried Mariemaia as I unlocked the house. My dogs were already sleeping; it was late so I expected it. We walked up the stairs and headed into Mari's room. I got Mari as she woke up a bit just so that she could change into her pajamas while Brian got her bed ready. She fell asleep again after she brushed her teeth. I smiled as he tucked her in, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Night, sweetie," Brian smiled, pulling the blankets to her shoulders.

"Night mama, night daddy," Mari yawned.

I smiled as I kissed her and turned off the light, closing the door behind us. Brian followed me as we headed to my room; he stayed with me now so it all worked. I grabbed my brush as I stood in front of the mirror, brushing my hair out of the braid it was originally in. "We should get married in Huntington, on the beach, as the sun sets," he said as he stripped down to his boxers.

"You want to get married in Huntington? Well, alright," I said, changing to a pair of shorts and a shirt.

"Yes," he said, wrapping his arms around me from behind, "I want to get married on the beach."

"Alright," I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek, "We'll get married on the beach, in Huntington, at sunset."

"Okay, that's my part of the wedding plan," Brian said, getting into bed and pretending to go to bed.

My jaw as he just pulled the blankets over him. "You are not done with the fucking wedding planning, Brian Elwin Haner Jr!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to announce that I have planned out the finale to this story! *laughs*

No comment on my opinion on this part.