Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Finding Out

Nikki's POV

"It bothers me," I said as I laid on that familiar leather couch in the office of my therapist, Dr. Anna Levesque, "It honestly bothers me. I have spent the past five years of being on my own and raising Mariemaia on my own. I spent those years with few friends and I was used to it. Now that Tash and my cousin, Jimmy, are getting married, I'm now forced to see Mariemaia's father. I left because I was scared that I would hold him back because I was pregnant then and I thought I'd never see him again. Then, I go ahead and say that they can have their wedding at the Atruskia....forgetting that Brian is Jimmy's best friend!"

After dropping out of UCLA, I had gone to Van Nuys and stayed with my grandparents. A year had passed and I had given birth to my daughter, Mariemaia Julianne McCade. After that, I had gone to Woody Creek, Colorado and lived with my grandfather's good friend and the Gonzo journalist himself, Hunter S. Thompson. I enrolled into the Colorado School of Mines and graduated. My grandparents passed away and I inherited everything. I now was the owner of the millions of dollars, the property, cars, the ranch, and the hotel that my grandfather owned in Las Vegas, the Atruskia hotel. Everything was mine. As soon as I graduated from the School of Mines, I went to Las Vegas, claiming what was mine.

That's been my life: now owning one of the hottest hotels in Sin City, the Atruskia. I was a former heroin addict and now I'm one of the richest people around.

Odd how things work.

"Nikki," Dr. Levesque said, taking note of what I said, "Maybe you need some time to think. Get away and think about why you did what you did."

I nodded as I got up, "Well good thing I'm heading out to Colorado to check out a possible manager for the bar."

"Same time next week then," Dr. Levesque asked, standing up as well.

"Yup."

I walked out of her office and headed to the parking lot, getting into my corvette convertible. In the five years, I decided that buying cars made me feel better when I was depressed. I'm pathetic. I really am.

"Okay, I need a break," I muttered as I drove down Las Vegas Boulevard, heading straight for the Atruskia, "I'll go to Colorado and think. That will give me time to figure out what to do."

The wedding was going to be at the Atruskia in three weeks and the party was going to be at....

"Shit," I yelled, not caring who heard me, "I agreed to let the party at my house!"

I'm honestly starting to believe that I was drunk when Tash asked me all the favors.

Brian's POV

Seeing as Tash is the owner's best friend, Hunter S. Thompson was also a close friend of the owner, and Mariemaia was the daughter of the owner, we were all treated to lunch to a fancy lunch.

"So how old is Nikki's daughter," Matt asked.

"Mariemaia? She's four," Tash replied, taking a sip of her wine.

"How do say her name," Zacky asked.

"Mari-may-ah. Mariemaia."

"Where did she get that name," Johnny asked.

"Its her mother's middle name," Hunter replied, getting one of his beers.

"Whose her father," I asked, looking at the little girl sitting on his lap.

It was obvious that she, Mariemaia McCade, had looked to Hunter as a grandfather sort of figure. According Jimmy, both Julia and Codey McCade had already passed away, leaving Nikki, and eventually her daughter, all of the McCade wealth.

But the question remained: who was the father of Mariemaia Julianne McCade?

"I have just met Mariemaia's father and its clear to see that she is his daughter," Hunter replied, ruffling the soft hair of the child.

"What do you mean," Val asked.

Jimmy and Tash both looked at him, giving him looks. "Hunter, don't. Nikki's going to get mad."

"She won't get mad at me. Besides, its high time that Mariemaia has met her father," Hunter replied, "Mariemaia, have you ever seen what your father?"

"Mama has a picture of him that she keeps in her room and I seen it," she replied in a soft voice.

Hunter smirked as he turned her around and we got a good look at her for the first time. Thin lips, like her mother, with high cheekbones. She had the same skin tone as Nikki. But what shocked me was Mariemaia's eyes. Nikki had green eyes but Mariemaia's were brown. She had the same eyes as............

"Daddy," Mariemaia screamed as she ran towards me, hugging my leg.

"I'm your father," I whispered, looking straight into her eyes.

I looked at Jimmy and Tash who both were looking at the ground, avoiding contact with me. Matt and Val were both looking at her, seeing if there was any resemblence. Zacky and Johnny just sat there with their mouths open. Mariemaia just hugged my leg, saying over and over again, "Daddy."

"Jimmy.....Tash.........tell me. Am I the father," I asked them, wanting proof and knowing that they were the ones that knew aside from Hunter.

Tash sighed as she nodded, "Nikki found out she was pregnant and that's why she left."

"She was scared to hold you back from being a rock star," Jimmy said, still staring at the ground.

I looked at Mariemaia, picking her up and placing her on my lap. The more I looked at her, the more I could see my own features staring back at me. I hugged her, closing my eyes, as I held her small body. It was obvious that Mariemaia Julianne McCade was my daughter.

"You're so beautiful. I can't believe that I have a daughter," I muttered.

Johnny looked at us and said, "She looks just like you."

I was about ready to say something when the sound glass falling and breaking on the floor came. We all turned around and our eyes widened. Mariemaia's mother, Nikki, was standing there. Her hand was in the position of holding something. Glass was broken on the floor in front of her. Spilled wine was staining the carpet. Nothing compared to the shock on Nikki's face. She just stared at me, her eyes wide with fear. She knew that I knew that I was Mariemaia's father.

"Nikki," I started but was cut off.

"You told," she asked, her voice shaking, as she looked at Jimmy.

"I didn't tell him," he started.

"I did."

Nikki looked at Hunter and her jaw dropped. "Why?"

"Its high time that he find that he has a daughter and its high time that Mariemaia knows who her father is," Hunter said, sipping his beer, "She desearves that, Nikki."

"Mamma," Mariemaia asked, walking towards Nikki, "Is he my daddy."

Nikki sighed as she bit her lip, her eyes moving to everyone's face. I knew that she was my daughter, everyone did. It was obvious but I was scared that maybe there was a small possibility that I wasn't. But then again, Mariemaia looks just like me.

"Mamma?"

"He's your father, Mariemaia," Nikki replied, getting down to her daughter's level, "Brian's your father."
♠ ♠ ♠
So Brian officially knows. What's Nikki going to do next.

A bit better, but still not happy but whatever.