Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Welcome Back

Brian's POV

I watched, amused as Mariemaia attempted to pack for our trip to Huntington Beach. It was obvious that Nikki usually did her packing because all she was packing was her stuffed animals. "Mari, maybe you should get some clothes," I suggested, looking at the large duffel bag of her toys.

"Why," she asked, just plain confused.

"Because we're going to be there for awhile," I explained, "For about a couple of weeks."

Mari just was confused so I helped her pack some clothes that she'll need. The only reason Nikki wasn't here doing this was because she had to assign people to certain jobs for the next couple of weeks. She was coming with us, of course, but she was still the head of the Atruskia so she needed to make sure everything was fine and dandy before she left.

Anyway, Mari just watched me as I began to pack her clothes. "Mama usually does my packing," she said, sitting next to me.

"I know but Mama is at work right now," I said, grabbing a jacket for her.

She just nodded and continued to watch me as her kitten, Snowball, came towards her and curled up on her lap.

"Remind me again why I chose to run the Atruskia," Nikki said as she walked into the front door, "Oh yeah, because I inherited it."

Mari and I just sat in the kitchen, making sandwiches for lunch. She watched me again, totally amused with her father making food. She knows I make breakfast but I guess she's used to just eating at one of the restaurants at the Atruskia or lunch at Hunter's. Its really amazing how easily amused Mariemaia is.

Nikki walked in, looking at me, amused as well. I smiled at her and said, "I'm making lunch."

"Obviously," she replied, giving me a kiss on the cheek, "So we are leaving after lunch?"

"Correct."

"Did Mari pack?"

"I actually helped her because all she was packing was her stuffed animals and no clothes."

Nikki just laughed as she gave Mari a kiss on the forehead. She just smiled and hugged her back, happy that her mother was back now. I watched as Nikki grabbed a mountain dew from the fridge and began searching for her keys.

"Which car are we going to be taking," I asked, making myself a sandwich.

"I'm thinking the Hummer just because Mari can watch DVDs in the back," she replied, heading towards the garage.

"Where are you going?"

"Putting the security system in the garage. I don't want to come back to find my beloved Lamborghini is missing."

Nikki's POV

"Okay, ready to go," I asked as my dogs hopped into the trunk.

Brian knew full well that I loved my dogs and he also refused to leave them here. Aw, he likes my dogs.

"Yup," Brian said, placing our bags on the side so that Dartanian and Velken can sleep during the trip.

Mari came out, carrying Snowball, who was going to stay with her in the back seat. I swear if our daughter had her way, she'd have herself a fucking zoo and I'd be making multiple trips to get all of them, which then would cause me to drive the Escalade. And I really don't want to drive it right now.

"Are we going to Daddy's house," Mari asked as Brian buckled her up in the car seat.

"Yes we are," Brian replied, kissing her forehead, "We're going to Huntington Beach."

"Yay! Are the dogs coming?"

"Yup," I replied as Brian got into the passenger's side and I got into the driver's side, "Dartanian and Velken are coming."

Three hours and thirty minutes later, I found myself in California but not yet in Huntington. Brian and Mariemaia had fallen asleep as soon as we got out of Las Vegas. Hell, Dartanian, Velken, and Snowball were all asleep. As a side note, I'd like to point out that its a bit funny when I saw my dogs' names which both of them sound a bit different and then we got cute little snowball. Funny how that works.

"I want a cookie," Brian mumbled as he shifted into a different position.

I had to bite my lower lip to keep from laughing. Occasionally, Brian talks in his sleep and when he does, he says the strangest things. Two days ago, he was talking about someone who wanted him to wear a dress and he didn't want to. Man, I get a kick out of Brian, I really do. Good thing I love him or else he'd get mocked about this every single day of his life.

I didn't tell him that he was talking about the dress yet.

"Mama?"

I glanced in the rear view mirror to find Mari awake now and looking at me. "Yeah, sweat pea?"

"Where are we?"

"California."

"Are we in Daddy's place yet?"

"No, thirty more minutes," I replied, "Did you have a good nap?"

"Yeah. What's Daddy doing," she asked, looking at Brian's sleeping figure.

"Daddy fell asleep as well."

"Oh."

I smiled as Mari turned on the DVD player and began watching Milo and Otis again. Soon Brian woke up and he looked around at the surroundings. "We're in California already," he asked.

"Yup."

"You drove the whole time?"

"Yes."

"You should have woken me up," Brian muttered, "I would have driven as well."

"Its fine."

"Welcome to my house," Brian announced as I pulled into his driveway.

He moved out of his parents house and now lived about two minutes away from the beach. Mari looked at it and asked, "Daddy lives by himself?"

"No, not anymore," Brian replied, "But you need to pick your room so we can go shopping for your bedroom."

That got her excited because she instantly bolted into the house and ran up the stairs. I stood on the lawn, smiling and shaking my head. She really was a bundle of energy. A sigh came as I glanced around. I remember Huntington but my memory did it no justice. I really missed the place. Hell, I now lived in the desert while Brian lives by the beach......so not fun.

Brian came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and placing his head on my shoulder. "Welcome back home, Nikki," he whispered as he kissed my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
New stories will randomly come out so watch out for those. So yeah, we all know my opinion so I won't voice them.