Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Fun Toys and Thoughts About Each Other

Nikki's POV

"So, is there anyway we could be nice to each other when we're with Mariemaia," Brian asked as I grabbed a bottle of vodka and a shot glass.

"That's fine," I answered, pouring the liquid into the glass.

Since I lived with Hunter, I developed a fondness towards all kinds of alcohol; my favorite being vodka. But that wasn't the reason why I chose to get a drink at this moment. The true reason was that I felt awkward being around Brian. It made me feel strange........like when I first met him those years ago. Its hard to explain. I just felt odd and not myself.It made me feel like I was still in love with him

All I knew was that I felt awkward.

I mean, normally, I was used to ignoring everyone aside from Mariemaia, Tash, Hunter, my few family members, and a few others. I didn't like being around people in general and would avoid that by either hiding in my office or my house. Pathetic, I know but I just am not fond of people in general.

I hated being around people.

"You want to spend more time with her," I asked, walking out to the balcony with my shot glass.

"Yeah," he replied as he followed me.

"In about two or three weeks, I'm heading to Colorado to offer a friend a job at the Atruskia. I'll be gone for a week so Mariemaia can stay with you."

"Seriously?"

"Yup," I replied as I watched everyone wander around the property.

Jimmy and Tash were talking with each other, pointing, and then talking again. I guess they like the layout of the land. A smile formed as I watched Mariemaia run out, dragging that tiger with her, and ran towards Val who was closest. My daughter was my pride and joy; she was the only one I knew who could make me feel better. Matt ruffled Mariemaia's hair as Val picked her up.

"Everyone seems to have taken a liking towards her," Brian said as he stood next to me and watched the whole thing, "They all love Mariemaia."

"That's good," I sighed, "She seems to take a liking towards them."

I walked down the stairs, Brian following. Dartanian and Velken ran around the place, probably heading down to lake. Again, I felt awkward and I wasn't fond of this feeling.

"Mama," Mariemaia called as I came into view.

"Hi, sweat pea."

She smiled when she saw Brian, instantly starting to attempt to escape the grasp of Val and run to her father. I swear after only two days, Mariemaia Julianne McCade is daddy's little girl. Speaking of her father, Brian laughed as he walked over to Val and took her into his arms, laughing asmy our daughter wrapped her arms around his neck and muttering, "Daddy."

I glanced at Tash and Jimmy who were walking towards us. They were still talking to one another but when she noticed me, Tash instantly said, "I love your place."

"So do I. There's a reason why I chose to remodel the place to my liking," I answered, watching Mariemaia.

She looked so much like Brian.

"You honestly don't mind about having the reception here," Tash asked.

"Nope but I do need a favor."

"I knew this would come with a price," Tash muttered, "What is it?"

"Can you drop me off at the Lamborghini dealership," I asked ruffling Mariemaia's hair.

"Did you buy a Lambo?"

"Yes."

Jaws dropped as I started picking at my nails, pretending that it was nothing. Well technically, I was being a selfish moron who bought herself a birthday present that finally came. I wanted a Lambo so I bought one; I figured that since I now have millions to my name, I might as well indulge myself and buy something that I wanted. So it was nothing......at least to me.

"What kind," Jimmy asked as soon as he regained the ability to speak.

"A silver Murciélago," I answered.

"Is that what you are going to give us for our wedding present," Tash asked, hopeful.

I scowled at her and gave her my "what-the-fuck" look. "No. I got something else but I will say it is a car."

Matt instantly asked, "If Val and I got married, what would you give us?"

"Probably a car............I'm strange that way and cars are fun," I answered.

"Val," Matt said, looking at her, "Lets get married right now."

Val just gave Matt a look and rolled her eyes, "You just want a car."

Brian's POV

I couldn't believe that Nikki had just decided to buy herself one of the hottest cars around and a Murciélago, no less. And she was giving Tash and Jimmy a car for their wedding present! Considering she had bought a Lambo, something told it me that it was going to be expensive......but then again, Tash was her best friend and Jimmy is her cousin.

"Daddy," Mariemaia asked, looking at me, "What's a Murciélago?"

"Its a very fast car that's really expensive."

"Like Mommy's Corvette or Porsche?"

As soon as the two car names came out of Mariemaia's mouth, everyone instantly stared at Nikki who was staring off at the sky, amused with the cloud. I sighed as I looked at my daughter who seemed to be in her happy place. "Mari, what kind of cars does your mother have and how many does she have?"

"The Corvette, the Porsche, the Beemer, the Mercedes, the Hummer, and the Escalade," Mariemaia listed as Nikki stared at her wide-eyed.

"You're not supposed to say anything! And besides, the Beemer is the same one as the one that my grandfather gave me."

"That's still six cars, not including the Lambo," Zacky announced, "And its just you and your daughter who's three!"

"This is Vegas and I like driving fast," I protested.

"That's still way too many cars for one person," Johnny muttered.

"Tash, can you just take me to the damn Lambo dealership! I have to pick up my car," Nikki said, getting annoyed.

"Okay," Tash muttered, "But I still want to know what you got me and Jimmy."

"I know what it is," Mariemaia said, smiling, "And its shiny!"

Nikki laughed and I bit my lip. I miss hearing her laugh. I missed her in general. She still was that same girl I knew that held my heart but just a bit older and even more attractive. Nikki's drop dead gorgeous and it surprised me that she is still single. According to Tash, almost every guy wanted to date her but she refused them all. She either yelled at them personally or sent one of her rottweilers after them.

I wonder why she refused to be with anyone else. Sure, Mariemaia had her attention and love but why did Nikki hate everyone else? Nicole Storm McCade had enough money to buy anything her heart desires yet it seems like that she's looking for something that she can't have.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short but yeah.....also a bit of a filler but it sets things up a bit.

So yeah....Nikki gets the cars of my dreams.