Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Damn Regret

Still Brian's POV

We all sat inside the Lamborghini dealership, watching as Nikki snarled under her breath and paced around as she waited for her Lambo to be driven out. Mariemaia sat on a chair with her tiger, which she named Blaze. I couldn't help but smile as I watched her. She seemed so happy and innocent doing whatever she wanted.

"What are you doing," Tash asked as Mariemaia put a magazine in front of Blaze.

"Blaze's is reading," replied Mariemaia as she played with something around her neck.

"What's that around your neck," I asked when I saw a hint of green through her fingers.

"A necklace mommy said you gave her."

My eyes widened as I saw that familiar emerald pendant on a silver chain draped around her small neck. I guess Nikki wanted Mariemaia to have it, maybe to give her something to remind her that she did, in fact, have a father.

"Yeah, I gave it to your mommy," I said, pulling Mariemaia onto my lap.

"Okay."

"I don't have enough fucking patience to wait for my goddamn Lambo," Nikki snarled, pacing again.

"Mama said a bad word," Mariemaia squealed as she pointed to her mother, "Mama, you know you're not supposed to say bad words!"

"I know, sweet pea," she sighed, ruffling her hair, "But mama wants her Lambo really badly."

"Alright, Ms. McCade, your Lamborghini shall be brought out soon," one of the guys from the dealership said.

"About time," Nikki snarled under her breath as she walked outside.

We followed her and saw a silver car driving out to us. A smile formed on Nikki's face and I could help but watch her. I always loved her smile. I don't know, it just warmed your heart seeing it on thatpretty beautiful face of hers. And its obvious that Mariemaia had inherited that smile from her mother.

"Can I ride in your car," Jimmy asked, staring longingly at the silver MurciƩlago with lust in his eyes.

"Maybe," Nikki replied, smirking but glanced at who got out of the driver's side, "What the Hell?"

"Hi, Nikki Nix!"

Nikki's POV

I glared at Criss as he got out of my Lambo. He was the only one that ever called me "Nix" and that's how I knew it was him driving.

"What are you doing in my Lambo," I asked, annoyed.

"Well, it was going to be a surprise," Criss said, handing me my keys, "Besides, I heard that you got some company and I decided that we all should go out to lunch."

Before I could say anything, Mariemaia ran to Criss and hugged his legs. "Uncle Criss!"

"Hey, MJ, what's going on with my favorite three year old?"

"I finally met my daddy," she said, pointing to Brian.

Criss looked at him and nodded, "Yup, that's definitely your dad considering you look just like him. Now let's go to lunch and then do introductions. I'm hungry."

We all sat around in one of the VIP rooms at the Fusia, a restaurant at the Luxor. Mariemaia was insisted that her tiger have its own chair, which was perfectly fine with me. After giving our orders to the waiter, Criss and I had to do the introductions.

"Okay, Criss, this is my cousin and Tash's future husband, Jimmy, his friends Matt, Zacky, Johnny, Matt's girlfriend Val, and Brian. Guys and Val, this is one of my close friends, Criss Angel," I said.

"You're coming the wedding, right Criss," Tash asked as Criss shook hands with everyone.

"Well, if you want me to then I will."

"I want you to 'cause you're my friend and Nikki's friend and Mariemaia's friend and I want you to," Tash said.

"Dude, that was a lot of 'ands'," I said, running my finger around the perimeter of my wine glass that was filled with water.

"I'll be there then," Criss said but glanced at me, "So when are we going to get the you-know-what?"

I knew what he meant as did everyone else but we couldn't say what it was in front of Tash and Jimmy. "Tonight and we're keeping it here at the Luxor."

"Can we please have a clue of what it is," Jimmy asked.

"No."

"Will you tell us," Zacky asked.

"No."

"Please," Johnny begged.

"No."

"C'mon Nikki," Val whined, poking my arm, "We all want to know what you got them.'

"No," I said, taking a sip of my wine and ending that conversation.

I looked down at the table, my bangs covering my eyes so that I could get a glance at Brian. It did bother me that after spending the five years alone, I am being forced to look at him practically every day. Hisperfect brown eyes matched Mariemaia's so much that it even hurt me to look at her eyes. I didn't want to be reminded of what I could have hador how it could have been.

I wondered what it would have been like if I just came clean and told him that I was pregnant with Mariemaia. Would we be happy and together? Would we be like Tash and Jimmy or Matt and Val?

"Nix," Criss muttered as he passed me a note under the table.

I opened it and read it, narrowing my eyes at what it said.

You really do still have feelings for Mariemaia's father, don't you?

I looked at him and nodded. Criss glanced at Mariemaia who was with Brian. She was happy being around her father and I wondered if I could have been just as happy as her.

A sigh escape as our food came; I picked up my fork and started jabbing it into the steak when I realized how I felt about this. I regret it. I regret leaving him. I don't care if I gave up the chance to be where I am today, I still regret it. I don't like how miserable I am or depressed. I mean, I'm pathetic for buying cars to make me feel better even it is for a small moment. I honestly am not happy and I look at the guys and see that they're happy. Avenged Sevenfold has become big and they're living their dreams whereas I'm a fucking rich bitch who happens to be miserable.

Damnit.

Brian was happy and I wasn't it.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a filler but it slowly sets it up to the part I'm dying to write up.