Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Talks With Mariemaia and Criss

Brian's POV

Nikki hugged Criss as they said their good-byes. My hand clenched into a fist as I watched that. Was I jealous? Yes I was. It bothered me seeing Nikki hug someone else. I was used to her hugs. Waking up in her arms was far better than waking up in the arms of a whore or a stripper. I wanted to be the one she was hugging and I wanted so much to wake up in arms.

I wonder if there was something going on between Nikki and Criss. I hoped so desperately that there wasn't.

"Ten, right," Criss asked, giving Mariemaia a hug.

"Yup," Nikki replied, "Shall I drive here or are you going to drive to the Atruskia?"

"Drive here. Besides, its on the way there so its easier."

"Alright."

We all followed Nikki as she walked out of the Luxor; Mariemaia following close behind. Her Lambo and Tash's Sequoia was brought out thanks to the valet. The McCade girls got into the Lambo while the rest of us got into the Sequoia and we headed back to the Atruskia. Its clear that both Nikki and Tash were extremely familiar with the whole city of Las Vegas because they knew the shortest way back. Then again, Nikki was a hotel owner and Tash was a concierge at that hotel.

Five minutes later, we were back at the Atruskia. Thanks to the whole wedding be there, Jimmy had reserved rooms at the Atruskia so that it would be easier. That just made me happy because that gave me time to learn about Mariemaia.

"If there's a single scratch on it, I will skin you alive," Nikki snarled, handing the keys to one of the valet.

They gulped and nodded, scared of doing anything that would make Nikki mad. Tash laughed as she did the same, but not as possessive as Nikki, and caught up with her best friend. "Sheesh, Nik, possessive much?"

"Its fucking new! Of course I'm going to possessive of it."

Nikki had gone into her office, saying that she had some business things to do, but she said that it would be okay if I spent the rest of the day with Mariemaia. I was excited because this will practically the first time I'll have some quality time with my daughter. I decided to take her somewhere I figured a little kid would have fun and there was one place that seemed to work in my head: the Circus Circus hotel.

"Daddy," Mariemaia said, tugging on my hand and dragging me towards the Ferris wheel, "Let's go on the Ferris wheel!"

I can't say "no" to this little girl. That's how much I love her and I know I'll end up spoiling her.

"Alright, Mari, but first, let's get something to eat."

"Okay, daddy."

I spotted a burger place and we headed over there. I ordered for the two of us, holding Mariemaia's hand so that I didn't lose her. When we got to the table and started eating, I realized that we had the same eating habits. She held did the same thing as me: putting some of our french fries in the burger and eating it that way. I smiled as I watched her.

"What?"

"You put your french fries in your burger like me," I said, smiling.

"Cool."

"So, does your mom have any boyfriends," I asked.

"No but a lot of guys send her flowers and ask her on dates all the time but mama says no."

"Do you know why?"

"No," Mariemaia replied, "But she told me because she misses you."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, mama says that she misses you."

Nikki's POV

Ten o'clock rolled around and I was heading to the Luxor. Brian asked if Mariemaia could spend the night with him and I said that was fine. Seeing as she's become attached, I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to be around her father all the time now. Daddy's little girl.

I went home real quick to drop off the Lambo and take the Corvette. As much as I loved the Lambo, I didn't feel like thinking about manual controls at night. The automatic in the Corvette made life easier for me.

Criss was waiting outside when I pulled up. He smirked as he saw that I didn't drive my Lambo. "I'd figure you'd want to flaunt the Lambo but I guess not," he said, getting in the passenger's side.

"I didn't want to think of how to drive manual at night," I replied, heading out, "I have too much on my mind at the moment."

"Brian?"

I glanced at him and tightened my grip on the steering wheel. "Yeah."

"You're still in love with him, aren't you," Criss asked.

"I am," I muttered, "He has no idea what he does to me."

"Then why can't you talk to him? From what I hear from Tash, he was the love of your life."

"Because I'm a damn fool who can't swallow her pride," I replied, "Criss, I feel so fucking awkward whenever I'm around him. I can't think straight and it bothers me."

"Nix, maybe its because you really are still in love with him. Mariemaia needs her father in her life and you need him in your life."

I sighed as I pulled into a Mercedes dealership. "Either way Criss, how I can go back to him when I ripped his heart out and broke it?"

"Does he even know why you left," Criss asked as he followed me in.

"No but knowing Tash and Jimmy, they probably told him."

"Hello, Ms. McCade, Mr. Angel," Roger, one of the guys at the dealership I knew said, greeting us.

"Hey Roger, how's the present," I asked, walking towards him.

"Well its here and the guys were wondering if you want a big bow on it."

"That would be awesome," I said, smiling.

"Alright. Here's the papers and we'll have it out," he said, placing the papers on the desk in front of me.

Criss at next to me and watched as I signed them. With Roger gone, he continued our conversation.

"Nikki, you really need to tell him how you feel," Criss said.

"Criss, I'm going to Colorado to get Liz and give her a job at the Pirate Bar. With that time, I'm going to think about everything. And then I will figure it out from there," I said, signing the last line.

Criss sighed as Roger came back to gather the papers. "Alright Ms. McCade, its all ready."

I nodded and walked outside, surveying it. "Okay, thanks."

I tossed my keys to Criss so that he could drive the Corvette and I could drive this back to the Luxor. As we were heading back, I kept thinking how right Criss was. I did miss Brian. I missed waking up in his arms, kissing him, and just being around him. I was still in love with him.

I was still in love with him and I'm a damn fool for leaving in the first place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Want to know what it is? Well, sorry you have to wait. One person knows what it is and I'm not telling you who it is!

So Nikki is really regretting everything......what will happen next? Only I know!