Melt Your Headaches, Call It Home

Sends Its Love

"Come on Spence!" grumbled Brendon, as he stood waiting by the door.

"I know, I know!" came the reply as Spencer ran around the room picking up cushions and random articles of clothing, "I can't find my shoe!"

Ryan, Jon, Alice and I were sitting on the couch watching the scene unfold.

"Why am I always the chauffeur?" Brendon whined.

"Because we can't drive," said Ryan, holding up his arm.

"But Jon isn't hurt."

"Yeah, but you're the youngest, besides Spencer, and the whole point is to drive him to the airport," reasoned Jon.

Spencer was going back to Las Vegas, he wanted to spend time with his girlfriend and at home. The rest of the guys, however, were staying.

"I found it!" Spencer yelled from Ryan's room.

"Finally!" Brendon sighed throwing his hands up, turning to us he said, "Does anybody want to come with me?"

All of us on the couch exchanged glances, "I nominate Alice," I said.

"Me too," agreed Ryan.

"Me three!" said Jon, as we smirked at Alice, who's cheeks flushed.

Brendon suddenly wasn't so disappointed; we all know that they have a thing for each other. They keep disappearing at the same time at odd moments, but they don't think we know anything.

"If I must, let's go, drama queen," Alice said dramatically, and after we all said good bye to Spencer, they were out the door.

"So... What should we do?" I asked, looking to the boy on each side of me for a reaction.

They shrugged at the same time.

"Well, thanks guys, that was real helpful," I said sarcastically.

"It's boring here, we've been stuck here doing nothing for the past week," said Ryan looking aimlessly around the room.

"We could watch Spinal Tap," suggested Jon.

"NO," I said firmly, "I have seen that movie way too many times now."

We sat in thought for a minute. It's been a week since our doctor's appointment. Yesterday, I went and got a boot put on to replace my cast. It's great because I don't have to have my wheel chair anymore, but my foot starts to ache after awhile. Ryan on the other hand, gets to keep my beautifully designed cast on for another six weeks. He says he isn't allowed on a plane until he gets the cast off, so he'll be here until that happens. Not that I'm complaining.

What does suck though, is that I am out of a job until September. Since I am unable to complete the necessary tasks, they replaced me. I talked with Mrs. Hutler's boss who liked some of the things I wrote and he said that I would have a job there when I was ready. Luckily, I have enough saved away to last me until then, it just means that I'll be home a lot this summer.

This past week, has been fun beyond belief but also boring at times. The doctor put Ryan and I on house arrest to give our ribs a chance to heal and I have to say I pretty much feel back to normal. It gets old sitting in front of the TV for hours at a time, but the guys and Alice always find a way to make things fun. I'm just glad our imprisonment ends tomorrow. We're running out of things to do.

"We could go to a bar and watch a game," Jon tried again.

"Yeah, that's real legal," I said sarcastically and then added, "I'm not old enough."

"Wait, how old are you?" asked Ryan.

"I'll be 20 in July," I answered, less than a month away from the anniversary of the worst day of my life. "How old are you?"

"I'll be 22 in August."

"I am 22," supplied Jon.

"Ugh, I'm with a bunch of older men," I said jokingly.

"We're pretty cute old men though," said Jon, pulling a goofy smile.

"Yeah, I guess -"

My phone, lying on the table, started to ring. I looked at the caller ID. It's Ben. I smiled; I haven't talked to him in forever.

"Hi, Benny-Bear," I said brightly after flipping open my phone.

"You have a hell of an explanation to give me, Charlotte," ordered Ben's angry voice, "Why the hell does your medical bill say that you are costing me a shit-load of money that went over your health insurance coverage?"

I gulped. I had completely forgotten to give Ben a call.

Since he's 25, he can get his own health care, as well as mine. The second I left home my parents took me off their plan so I'm on his, I guess it's how he found out.

"Um... Well, you see uh," I stuttered.

"Spit it out!"

"Ok, ok. Almost two weeks ago I was walking home from work, late, and I got jumped... Anyway, I got beat up pretty bad," my breath caught, talking about the attack to him was hard. The guys were looking concernedly at me; Ryan put his right arm around me and gave my shoulder a supporting squeeze. He can make things brighter.

"Charlie, why didn't you call me? Are you ok? I'm coming home now," his voice had immediately switched from angry to concerned.

"No, no. Don't cut your trip short. I'm fine. I'm actually sitting in your apartment right now," I assured him.

"What exactly happened to you?"

"My ankle is broken, along with my wrist, other than that I'm great," I said, "It's all thanks to these guys that saved me."

"I'm just glad that you're alive," Ben said.

"Me too, and they're staying in your apartment and helping me out, so I don't need you ruining your trip."

"What? Do you even know who they are?" His voice grew louder in volume.

"Yeah, they're famous so don't worry," I said as there was a knock at the door. "Oh, I gotta go, someone's at the door."

"Wait, what do you mean they're famous?" asked Ben.

As I waved at Ryan to answer the door, I said, "They're famous, bye bye big brother. I'll call you later with the 411."

"Fine, tomorrow, I want them on the phone with you, bye Charlie." The other line clicked off.
I heard Ryan grunt as he opened the door, as he was enveloped in a hug, and a loud voice exclaim, "Ryan Ross, you sure have caused a commotion!"

Ryan stepped aside and I could see a very exuberant and bouncing Pete Wentz holding the latest gossip magazine. The only thing that made this magazine more interesting than the short, famous guy was the fact that my face was on it.