Status: Slight hiatus. Sorry guys, lots of homework.

Distractions.

0011.

An hour later we were surrounded by snow, just as I had predicted. Frank was still trying to convince me to tell him what I had mumbled before but I remained stubbornly silent about what had passed through my lips.

When the bus came to a halt a big cheer erupted from everyone around me, even Frank cheered a little.

“It’s just snow,” I grumbled, staring out the window.

“Don’t be such a grump,” Frank laughed.

“Shut up, Frank.”

He poked my side. “You’re such a grumpy-pants when you wake up. It’s even been an hour! You’re going to turn middle aged and get grey hairs by the time you’re twenty.”

“That’s not why I’m grumpy, asshole,” I muttered, still staring out the window and refusing to look at him.

“Then what’s your problem?” Frank’s voice now had such a tone of seriousness to it that I turned and looked at him.

“I just have things on my mind,” I answered.

“Like Jess?” he asked softly.

I stared at him a moment before nodding. “Yeah, that’s some of it.”

“She’ll come around soon.” He smiled.

“I hope so.”

“Alright everyone. Who’s ready to hit the slopes?”

Frank and I looked to the front of the bus and smiled at the hippie-like teacher standing with his arms in the air, a bright grin on his face. Everyone started cheering louder.

“Okay, well everyone collect your possessions and make your way off the bus. I’ll do a head count and then the whole place is yours until three this afternoon at which time you will make your way back here and be ready to get back on the bus by three thirty. Have a good day!”

By the time we all made it to the slopes it was seven in the morning.

“So, where are we headed first?” Frank asked, standing next to me.

“We?” I echoed.

“Yeah. Since we’re friends and all I thought we could hang out today,” he replied, smiling cheekily.

“I already regret saying that,” I mumbled, knowing that Frank could hear me. I was angry with myself, not him. Not that I would admit that. I couldn’t believe how much I had wanted him to caress my thigh on the bus and I felt like he knew just how much I wanted it too. I felt like everyone knew.

I was angry because I knew how much I just wanted to drag him into a dark cupboard and do so many things that I knew I shouldn’t. I can lie to him but I can’t lie to myself. And not being able to lie to myself makes me realise that I do want him which will inevitably influence the way I act which will let him see straight through my lies resulting in me not being able to lie to him.

That totally makes sense. I think.

“Yeah, alright. Do you want to hit the small slopes first?”

“Pansy,” he snorted.

“Fine then,” I said indignantly, “we’ll do the biggest one first.”

“You’re on.” With he ran off towards the chair lift that would take us to the highest slope. I’d been here before and knew the track well so I could use that to my advantage.

I chased after Frank and we got on the same chair. We talked all the way up to the top where I almost face planted when I tried to get off. Frank caught me, much to my chagrin.

“Thanks,” I grumbled.

“Jesus Christ. I’ve put up with you being grumpy since I met you but today has been worse yet, so what the fuck is your issue?” Frank burst out.

“You are,” I replied simply, openly glaring at him.

“When we get to the bottom of this hill, slope whatever it is, you are telling me why and then we’re going to sort it out. I’m sick of you being like this,” he growled,looking insanely hot. I never actually realised how weird the relationship is between Frank and I, but it is. It’s strange, peculiar, odd, and bizarre.

“Fine,” I growled back, heading off down the slope before anything else could be said. For the first half I was fine. I didn’t fall or stack at all. The second half however, resulted in me face-planting into the snow about four times. Frank thought it was hilarious.

At the bottom of the slope Frank showed off by coming to a fancy halt, spraying snow all over some little kids.

I frowned at him pointedly. “That wasn’t very nice. Apologise. Now.”

He rolled his eyes. “Sorry kids. You alright?”

They mumbled back their yeses, their eyes wide as saucers. Why was I not surprised that they were impressed and awed by Frank instead of mad at him for spraying freezing snow at them?

I sighed at their logic and made for the small café at the front of the skit resort. I noticed that Frank was following only after I had sat down at one of the chairs inside. He came in seconds later, removing his beanie which made snow fall over his head. I chuckled.

His cheeks were flushed from the cold and he was wearing a very cheeky grin on his face. Classic Frank, of course.

“So big-shot. What’s your issue?” he asked between pants when he flopped into his seat.

I sat for a moment, silent, trying to decide whether or not to tell the truth. Lying seemed much more appropriate; it came much more naturally because of all the secrets I had kept. Me being gay, me being rich, me having a small itsy bitsy crush on Frank. There’s not many but they’re big ones.

I had my answer.

“I like you and I don’t know how to deal with it,” I finally answered, staring straight into his eyes. His expression didn’t change for a moment; in fact he kinda froze and just stared at me.

“Repeat that, please?” he finally spluttered, staring at me incredulously.

I sighed. “I said I like you and I don’t know how to deal with it. Oh, and I’m gay. And I’m rich. Filthy rich,” I informed him. Once I had started I couldn’t stop. I was so unused to being able to be honest that the feeling overwhelmed me and I couldn’t stop.

“The gay and rich part I knew about, but you like me? I thought you thought I was the most annoying guy on the planet.” He laughed kind of manically while he leaned back in his and stared at me like I had just told him that aliens were real and he was ecstatic about it.

“I do,” I confessed, smiling at myself. “You’re extremely irritating. You are the only person I have ever told the truth to.” I paused, what he first said, sinking in. “Wait! You knew I was rich? And gay? How?!”

He chuckled. “I have my sources.”

“How did you find out?” I shrieked. How many people knew? Did everyone know? Fuck, I was ruined. I’m screwed and not in the good way.

“Chill out, Ray told me. No one else knows and he told me not to tell anyone. Ray knows a lot that you don’t know about and he’s actually a pretty good guy. You can trust him,” he explained.

“Ray…knew? All along?” I whispered. Wow.

Frank nodded. “Mm-hmm.”

There was a silence where Frank and I both pondered over our own thoughts, the only noise being that of the people around us. I for one was shocked and almost had an epiphany right there and then. Maybe I didn’t have to hide? Maybe people would accept me now that they knew me?

Then I remembered Jess. She was mad at me. So maybe it wouldn’t work, not with her mad at me. Come to think of it I never did find out why she’s mad at me.

“So, you like me huh?” Frank finally asked. He had that serious voice on again.

I looked up at him, forgetting what I was thinking about. I nodded. “Here’s where you tell me that you only see me as a friend.” I smiled grimly.

He frowned. “Why would I do that?”

“I’m pretty used to rejection by now, Frank. My father, then my aunt, then all the friends at my old school, all the other rich kids, Jess and now it’s your turn,” I explained sadly.

“I’m not leaving you nor am I going to tell you that I only see you as a friend.” His eyes bored into mine.

I smiled weakly at him.

“Let’s go and try the smaller slopes now. Maybe you can teach me how to do that fancy stop,” I suggested.

Frank looked surprised at the change of subject but masked it within a few seconds and smiled back at me.

“Sure.”