Status: Slight hiatus. Sorry guys, lots of homework.

Distractions.

0013.

It was time to get on the bus to leave. Jess and I had made up and everything felt right again. We had a lot of catching up to do. I had also spent the whole day with Frank and had only seen my group briefly, but I was still happy.

“Gerard, come on. We have to get on the bus,” Frank called out to me from the door of the bus.

“Yeah, hang on, hang on,” I grumbled, tyring to do up my snow boot. When I failed for the fifth time I groaned in frustration.

“Here, let me do it.”

I jumped slightly, “Frank! Next time give me some warning.”

He had suddenly appeared next to me – actually I was probably just oblivious to him walking over – and had bent down to do up my snow boot. I held out my boot clad foot and waited for him to do it up.

“Hurry up boys!”

“Okay, it’s done. Now let’s get on the bus before the teachers decide to leave without us,” Frank laughed.

We got on the bus quickly; keeping our heads down as went passed the grumpy, old bus driver. When we got to our seats, we both flopped down in relief; we were tired from boarding all day.

“Tired too?”

I grunted softly as I nodded my head, letting it rest on the window.

When I woke up, halfway through the trip home, I realised that Frank was asleep and snoring softly, his head on my shoulder. He looked so adorable that I ignored the fact that his hand was also resting on my thigh. It was the first time that I smiled at him without any outside influence. This was all me.

And it worried me slightly.

I didn’t want to leave myself open to him, anybody but him. But, at the same time, I couldn’t imagine opening up to anyone but him. I don’t even make sense. My coherence has upped and left me. I probably left it on one of those big hills that I boarded down earlier today.

Maybe.

When the bus pulled up at the front of the school it was just hitting dusk. I, and probably everyone else, was tired and exhausted. I wanted to go home to my nice and comfortable bed. To curl up and lose myself in my imagined reality that I call dreams. Hopefully, they won’t be filled with Frank like a few nights ago.

“You got everything?” Frank asked, checking the area around our feet for any other belongings.

“Yeah, I think so,” I replied, pulling my backpack onto my shoulders. “Let’s go.”

When we got off the bus we were greeted by my mum and Mikey. Mikey, being the typical little ratbag he is, was playing his gameboy, tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth. I had to roll my eyes at the sight. Frank and I parted, with only a wave goodbye. I wanted to go and give him a proper goodbye but Jess interrupted me.

“Hey you,” she said tentatively.

“Hey.”

“I’m really sorry. Again. I shouldn’t have, err, blown up the way I did. I should have at least given you a chance to explain.” Her eyes stayed directed down at our feet.

“Stop it! You’re going to make me start blubbering again, dammit,” I laughed.

“Well, it’s just that you’re, like, one of my best friends. I can’t believe I treated you so shittily.”

“I’m seriously going to bitch-slap you if you don’t shut up.” She laughed with me. The idea of me bitch-slapping her was actually quite amusing. I could kind of imagine myself actually doing that too…

“So, we’re good?” I asked, sticking out my hand the way we always do after a fight.

“Yeah, we’re good,” she replied, smiling as she put her hand with mine. We shook hands and then hugged each other before my mum spoke up.

“You two are a bunch of girls. C’mon Gerard. Morris is cooking dinner and he should be done by now.” I watched mum and Mikey walk off to the car before turning to say goodbye to Jess.

“Morris is our cook,” I answered quickly, judging from the look on her face that she was going to ask anyway.

“That is so cool.”

“I know, hey?” I laughed. We hugged before parting, her to walk the few blocks to her house and me to my mum’s ‘inconspicuous’ car. There were a few shouted goodbyes between the group and I before I got in though. It had been a good day, with me confessing some things that I should have a while ago, and patching up other parts of my life that needed to be.

I was happy. Frank knew about me having aslight crush on him. Jess knows about me having a lot of money. I earned a few bruises from the slopes.

It was a good day. One I know I’ll remember always.
And I’m hoping tomorrow will be even better.