Status: Slight hiatus. Sorry guys, lots of homework.

Distractions.

0002.

Over the next few days, between classes, Frank seemed to keep appearing wherever I was. I don’t know if it was because I had failed to notice him before or if he was doing it intentionally. Whatever the case, it was beginning to irritate me.

“Hey my little straight A friend,” he mocked, appearing behind me in the boy’s bathroom. See what I mean?! Everywhere!

“Hello,” I murmured in response and continued to wash my hands pointedly, trying to ignore the fact that he was right behind me.

“So have you changed your mind yet?” he asked me, leaning up against the sink next to the one I was using. I glanced up at him briefly, having no idea what he was talking about…Okay, maybe I had every idea about what he was talking about…

“Skipping class with me, of course,” he explained after noticing myfake blank expression.

“I’m not skipping class with you,” I mumbled bluntly. I really didn’t get this guy! Why would he not leave me alone, for god sake’s?!

“If you don’t come with me willingly then I’ll just find another way to get you out of class,” he told me simply with a small shrug of his shoulders and a smirk. Shaking my hands free of water, I shot him a disbelieving and condescending smile.

“Do you really think you have the intelligence to come up with such a cunningly mischievous plan?” I asked skeptically, hoping the cruel and ruthless stab I had made at his level of intelligence would turn him off me.

No such luck.

“Try me,” he growled, determination and tenaciousness both settling onto his face and staying there. I rolled my eyes and stalked past him out of the bathroom and into the crowded halls. I didn’t even notice that he had followed me until I reached my next class; science.

“What are you doing?” I asked him tiredly. I was starting to get sick of this. When was he going to realise I wasn’t going to skip class with him or anything like that?!

“Seeing which class I have to spring you out of is all,” he replied innocently. I frowned at him for a moment before turning on my heel and stomping into the science lab like a spoilt six year old little brat.

Ten minutes into the lesson, after grumbling to myself darkly, what I feared most happened; Frank. I watched him walk across the front of the room and hand a note to my female science teacher, flashing her a charming, innocent smile in the process.

I tried to focus on my anger at him but I couldn’t help but notice that he was in actual school uniform, as opposed to the skinnies, tight black shirt and many accessories he’d been wearing when he had ‘dropped me off’ to class.

Even his eyeliner had been toned down and his mid-length unruly hair had been tamed in an acceptable manner. I was snapped from my observations though by my science teacher’s high and overly nasal voice.
“Gerard Way? Collect your stuff please and come here,” she ordered. It sounded like a death wish. How I longed to just say ‘no’ outright and stay seated stubbornly. I had been polite to Frank back in the locker rooms and now he won’t leave me the fuck alone!

I nodded and collected my stuff slowly; attempting weakly to prevent the inevitable. Once I had everything I strode to the front of the class primly, aware that I was under the whole class’s gaze. As soon as Frank had closed the door behind us I turned sharply and glared at him as he shrugged off the school blazer he had somehow acquired.

The little prick was cocky enough to smile at me too.

“That wasn’t too hard. I admit it was fun but it would’ve have been better if you’d just come along with me in the first place.” I stared at him like he was the biggest moron I had ever met. Wait! I’m sure he is the biggest moron I’ve ever met.

“Fun?” I queried tightly, “What the hell have you gotten me out of class for? I told you I’m not skipping class with you. And to add to that also, I’m not going to do anything with you so you’re wasting your time.”

“You can back to class if you want,” he said softly. My glare came to a halt.

“W-what?” I asked, stunned.

“I said you can go back to class if you want. But I don’t think your teacher would be too happy when I tell her that you refused to come with me to the music room where another teacher has ordered you to be for this class regarding some issues he’d like to speak to you about,” he explained, a cocky smile appearing across his lips.

“I’ve been polite and I’ve never done anything to you, so why are you doing this to me?!” I shouted, a little louder than I expected too.

“Oh but you haven’t,” Frank argued, “You’ve been nothing but quite rude to me, really.”

Where the hell was this coming from?! I had been polite! More than I should have been I now realise.

“Oh and you have done something to me,” he leaned in close to me, his lips at my ear and he whispered, “You’ve interested me. And people who interest me don’t get left alone until I’m satisfied.”

He then turned on his heel and stalked down the hall to where I assumed the music room was. “Hurry up!” he called over his shoulder. I contemplated going back to class but I couldn’t see a way of getting Frank to not go and tell her I’d refused to go to the music teacher. I didn’t even have music as a subject, dammit!

I had no choice but to follow him. I trailed along behind him like a lost puppy; I’d never really ventured on this side of the school so I was unfamiliar with my surroundings and that made me uneasy.

“Here we are,” he announced when we reached an old building that did not look like a music room. I blinked. “Here?”

“Yes, here,” he answered, and pushed open one of the doors before entering the building. It looked like an old garden shed. Nevertheless I followed him in, staying close and when I glanced around the room that surrounded me I was left feeling quite unsurprised; it look quite dingy.

Frank walked over to a guitar stand and picked up the guitar in its shelves, sitting down on a rug that was gracing the ground as if he did it every day. Who knows with him, he might do.

“Won’twe I get in trouble if I’m here?” I asked uncertainly, my eyes shifty.

“No. The music teacher’s a weird hippy guy. He lets the class do whatever. I got him to write that note, you know? And he lets me come down here every music lesson and play my guitar,” he chuckled, “And this is about one of the only lesson’s I actually attend.”

Figuring I was pretty much stuck here for at least another hour, I put my stuff in a heap in the corner and flopped down on the rug next to a cross-legged Frank who was somewhat cradling his guitar.

“Good to see you’re cooperating,” he said, his eyes never leaving his guitar, but I didn’t miss the small smile on his lips.

“I don’t really have choice do I?” I asked, my voice a lot nicer than I wanted it to be.

He smirked, “No not really.”

“Didn’t think so,” I murmured and in a louder voice, “So why do you want me to skip class with you so badly, anyway?”

Frank smiled, “It’s a secret. But since I’m nice and all–“ I raised my eyebrow, “ –I’ll give you a little hint.”

“And…?” I prompted when he didn’t continue.

“You already know the answer. It’s because I find you interesting,” he whispered simply, as if he were afraid that if he talked to loud the building would collapse.

“That’s hardly a logical reason or explanation,” I exclaimed quietly.

“It doesn’t have to be,” he said and then he started playing his guitar. Once the sound started coming from that guitar I shut up real quick. The sound was…phenomenal to say the least; I was in awe and shock that someone so annoying, arrogant, cocky and many more horrible names that I could use to describe him could make such sounds.

But I thought of his answer while he played; It doesn’t have to be.
Maybe he was a lot more interesting than I’d given him credit for…
I’ll guess that I’ll find out whether I like it or not.