Crossroads

Ease dropping

Jamie’s P.O.V

I got back from the library a little while ago and I was in my room reading. I heard the dads taking right below my window. I giggled this would be fun. I heard Brian talk about a boy walking Bridget home. I gasped I would have to talk to her about that. I listened in some more and found out something shocking. “Val’s Pregnant?” said Matt.

My jaw dropped. She was pregnant… that means that Mattie’s going to be a big brother! Does he know? I have so many phone calls to make. “Is she sure?” asked Johnny. Matt nodded his head, “Ya, she’s 3 months pregnant” said Matt in a worried voice. “Why aren’t you happy about it?” asked my dad.

“Because guy’s things haven’t been going so well with Val and me” he said in a sigh. “Why what’s going on?” asked my dad again. “We’ve been fighting a lot ever since Matt came…ever since she found out I have a kid she’s been really weird. I kind of noticed she wasn’t all that nice to him. Now with another kid….it’s just all so complicated” he said. I took a shaky breath in.

What was he saying? That all his problems are Matt’s fault? I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I couldn’t listen anymore. I have to talk to Bridget…she’ll know what to do. I picked up my jacket and took my cell phone with me. I went downstairs and snuck past Leanne who was watching TV in the living room.

I knew it was like 7:30 at night but I still had to see her. Just as long as I get back before anyone knows I’m gone then I’m good. I made my way quickly across the street; I walked slowly down the street. I suddenly heard a twig snap and I turned to look for the source. Out of the shadows jumped a figure and I screamed. “Shesh I didn’t mean to scare you that bad” said Zander as he chuckled walking over to me and putting an arm around my shoulders with a smile.

“Now Ms. Sullivan where at this time of night are you going?” he asked trying to look serious. “What are you doing out here?” I asked him. He smirked, “our houses are across from each other I saw you sneak out and wondered where you were going” he said as I began to walk pulling him along. “I need to talk to Bridget” I said seriously remembering what had accrued earlier in the evening. I told Zan about everything they said, by the time I was finished he was in deep thought.

“Your right we need to talk about this, but we can’t let Matt know” he said as we walked faster to Bridget’s house. “I’ll call Jack and have him meet us at Bridget’s house” he said as he pulled out his own cell phone and dialed Jack’s number. A few minutes later Jack was in front of us looking confused as to why we asked him to sneak out.

We reached Bridget’s house and slowly snuck in threw the dining room window. We made our way upstairs to her room. We didn’t need anyone finding out we snuck out. I lightly knocked on her door and waited for a response. After a few minutes we just walked in and waited quietly in her room. We heard noise coming from the bathroom; she must be taking a shower.

A few seconds later she came out and jumped when she saw us in her room. “What are you guys doing here?” she asked as she went to her closet to get a shirt, she was only in her underwear. We all lived in the same house and had seen each other’s underwear a lot of times.

I told her everything I heard; by the end she was sitting at her desk looking threw her window. “First of all Matt can’t know about the problems between Val and Matt are because of him” we all nodded. “Second of all we should warn him about the baby, I mean it’s going to be a big shock and he should let it sink in a bit before they actually tell him” she said, “Really? And who pray tell is going to tell him?” asked Jack.

“We’ll all talk to him” said Zander. “It’s easier if we’re all there” he said. We all agreed, “What about tomorrow? We’ll get together at my house and tell him there” said Jack. We all agreed that that would be best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are nice!

Over and Out Captain!!!