Crossroads

Accept

Jack’s P.O.V

Matt was one of my best friends. He was like a brother and I loved him a lot. I’ve lived with him long enough to know that when he gets angry, the shit has hit the fan. I hope he takes this whole baby thing well. Who knows what he’ll do? Bridget was currently getting Matt over to my house. Jamie, Zander and I were in my room waiting for them to come. “Okay just remember what we agreed okay. We’ll stick to the baby stuff and try to keep him calm” said Zander as he looked at us.

It was weird this was the first time we ever came face to face with a problem like this. Usually because we were all together in the same house we know everything that went on. Just then we heard the front door. Jamie stood up and took a deep breath. “I hope he doesn’t get mad” she said as she eyed the door.

“Ya I hope he doesn’t get mad either. I like my stuff” I said remembering that Matt had a tenancy to get violent when he was mad. Just then they walked in. Bridget walked in with Matt behind her. “Hey guys” said Matt as walked in and sat down. After he noticed us looking at him he frowned. “What’s going on?” he asked. Bridget took a deep breath. “Um, Matt there’s something we need to tell you” said Bridget as she sat down next to him. “What is it?” he asked cautiously.

Bridget took a deep breath. “Well yesterday night at Jamie’s house the dad’s were talking and Matt let it slip that Val was pregnant” she said as she glanced at Matt with a worried look. We all waited in silence for Matt to say something, to do something. Just then he stood up and very calmly left the room. “What the hell was that?” asked Zander. He voiced what we were all thinking. Why the hell did he just get up and leave without saying something? “Is he alright?” asked Jamie fearfully. That was a reaction none of us were expecting.

Matt’s P.O.V

What do you say to that? What do I think to that? I just found out that I’m going to have a half brother or sister. Plus the fact I just heard it from my friends and not my dad. I know they thought they were doing the right thing. Knowing them they probably did me a favor by telling me before I had to find out from my dad. At least I have some time to figure out what this means. I quietly walked home trying to figure things out. I took a deep breath as I entered my house.

I guess I really didn’t have a say in the matter, it was going to happened whither I wanted it to or not. Just as I was about to go upstairs I saw Val trying to carry a huge basket of clothes. I immediately ran over and took them out of her hands. “It looks a little heavy. I’ll carry it down” I said quickly and took it downstairs to the washing machine. I didn’t even register what I did until I was separating the clothes. I suddenly took a step back and thought about what I just did. I guess I just accepted it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little short but I've had some writers block for this story! Please comment and I'll see what I'll do with the story! Oh and i updated some of my other stories today as well!

Over and Out Captain!!!