Crossroads

Cool Guys

Matt Jr. P.O.V

I was waiting at the bus stop for the bus to come. I can’t believe I did it, but it had to be done. I realize now that it was a mistake to think that actually living with my dad was going to be the right decision. I was going to see Aunt Kimmy and Abby. Hopefully I could contact Uncle Jerry and ask if I could stay with them. He was family and I know that he wanted me to come live with them but the court had to give me to my birth dad. Suddenly the bus pulled up and I got on, thank god I had a buss pass.

I walked down the isle and sat in the last row. I settled in and pulled my hood over my head. I bet they were happy to get me out of their way and I could understand if I had to put up with a kid I didn’t know I bet I’d be a little pissed about it. I had taken my note book full of my lyrics and a few spare changes of clothes. I also took my life savings which added up to $300.40 dollars.

My mom always taught me to save money and I’m glad she did before she died. She used to make a game out of it, we both used to pull our savings out at the end of the week and count it. We would see who saved more during the week. It was something I guess I’ll always remember about my mom. I looked out the window and watched the streets of Huntington Beach, normal people going about their normal lives. After a while the bus came to a stop and I realized I had to get off to catch another bus to Aunt Kimmy’s.

I got down and walked a little over 5 blocks before I came to the bus stop. A few guys with tattoo’s and piercing’s glanced at me and whispered to each other. Normally if it were anyone else they’d be scared shitless, but I don’t scare that easily. Thanks to horror movies for numbing my fears. Plus I was taught never to judge people before knowing them. After a few minutes one of the guys came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder. He looked like he was 16 and had swept over black hair and a Monroe on his left top lip.

I turned around to look at him; “Hey kid, aren’t you little young to be out here all alone?” asked one of the guys looking at me with sympathy. “I’m trying to get to my aunts house” I said, he gave me a look that said he knows what’s really going on. “That’s cool, so where exactly are you headed?” he asked as the bus pulled up. I got on along with the guy and his friends.

“No offence but I don’t exactly know you” I said, number 1 rule never talk to strangers. He gave a little laugh, “Now that’s being smart, I’m Drake” said the guy as he held out his hand. I shook it and smiled, “Matt” I said as I sat down. “These are my friends, Andy, Steve and Robby” he said as he pointed to the guys with him. They said hi and the guy named Andy gave me a little wave.

“So where you headed?” asked Robby. I looked them over and decided their pretty okay. “I’m heading to L.A to see my aunt” I said as I leaned my back against the Window and pulled up my legs so I can talk to them better. “Sweet, that where we’re going but we’re going to a concert” said Drake.

“Cool who are you guys seeing?” I asked Drake gave me that smile that said I’ll humor you. “This band called Escape the fate” he said smoothly, “Cool I love them, sad about what happen to Ronnie though” I said, they all gave me shocked looks. “You know music?” Andy asked in shock. I laughed a little, people really do underestimate me. “Ya I guess I do” I said. “Matt I think we like you” said Drake as he put a hand on my shoulder with a smile. They’re cool guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it! Sorry but my computers been bitchy lately and I've got some writers block. I hope this is a good chapter so please comment!

Over and Out Captain!