Scars

Daisy

The airport was becoming all too familiar as I walked back out into California. Dad was waiting outside of that baby blue Ford once again. So much had changed in the past few weeks though.

"Welcome home stranger." He grinned and patted me on the shoulder. "You ready for this?" I nodded, smiling from ear to ear. "Good. Well, I didn't know what Kirsten's favorite flowers were, but I figured you would?" He opened the back doors of the car and it was filled with all sorts of different flowers.

"Holy shit, Dad." I laughed, surprised.

"Yeah, I guess I'm still a bit of a romantic." He looked over at me. "Go get your girl."

***

I heard the doorbell echo inside, and my heart pounded in my chest. She opened the door and without thinking, without saying everything I'd planned to, without a care of who was inside or what was around us I took her in my arms and kissed her. Then I handed her the flowers.

She looked up at me with wide tear filled eyes. "What are you doing?"

"What I wanted to do for much too long." I smiled.

"What about Lauren?"

"We had problems." To say the least.

"Like what?"

"She's not you." She smiled and hugged me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but worth it right?!

Much Love,
Lexii M.