Lindsay Quit Lollygagging

Do anything to make her happy

'She said she loved me.' this was the only thought going through my head as the movie was playing. She loves me. I looked at her from the corner of m eye. Her own eyes ,purple from her contacts, were focused on the screen. She didn't mean it. She's said it tons. Why am I freaking out? 'Because I love her' I anwsered my own question.
"Did you like the movie?" She asked. I nodded. 'Make sure she is happy' I instructed myself.
"Let's go to The Grill." I said.
"But you are a veggitarian and you hate their dishes with no meat."
"Doesn't matter. You like it. Let's go." She gave me a confused look and then shrugged. She doesn't see that I try to please her so hard. She doesn't see that I love her.

***
"I don't want to go home." She said quietly as she finished her lunch.
"Okay, I'll take you wherever you want to go. Just say the word. We can stay out as late as you want." I looked at her smiling. He eyes were sad and filled with tears.
"No, Craig, I don't want to go home. At all."
"I don't understand. Why not?" The tears escaped from her. she wept silently for a moment. I reached for her hand. She looked up at me.
"The parents are fighting again. I can't go back." Ever since we were little, Lindsay's parents where on the verge of a divorice. They threw things at eachother and called eachother names.
"What were they fighting about this time ,honey?" I asked. It was always the stupidest things to fight over. Last time It was which car Her mother was taking to work.
"Me." Her voice was barely above a whisper. I wiped the tears from her eyes.
"Okay, baby. you can stay with me tonight." She stood and wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back. Her silvery tears were trailing along my back. She pulled away and kissed me on the lips.
"I really do love you." She said.