Tell Me Angel, Where Are You

Munchkin

Shit, I'm gunna be late again, I thought as I laced the muddy laces of my black and white chucks. The bitter Jersey winds leaked into the stale warm air of the house, making my bare legs tighten and shiver.

Damn school uniform required me to wear a skirt because they thought it was "lady-like".Ha, tell me what's so "lady-like" about seeing a girl's ass hang out for all to see? Very lady-like, apparently.

Teachers say that they're so intelligent, yet they lack the knowledge that's today known as "common sense", they were missing it the day God was giving it out, I guess. Such a shame, that degree's are merely pieces of paper. Those pieces of paper claiming that the person holding them had succeeded in courses that would help, in this case, children receive an education that would help them "pursue their dreams" or "help them receive a better career". When there isn't any common sense involved, what's the point of education? I mean, knowing what China's economy was like during the Tang Empire wouldn't help me for any job that I wanted.

I quickly grabbed my sticker-infested knapsack, checked to make sure I had a key, switched the lock, and bolted out the door at lightning speed in order to attempt catching the bus. I lived a good half an hour, maybe forty-five minutes away,walking-wise, from this hell hole and class started in about fifteen.

Did I say hell hole? I think I meant school. I don't see a difference, do you?

"And there goes the bus, that's just great. How the hell am I going to get to school on time?"

The back of the bus was just clearly visible, the guys were sending finger gestures and clear silent jeers so that I'd see them. I shook my head in disgust and flipped them the bird. I trudged along the grit and the grime in the direction of my doom.

"Hey Munchkin, since when do you care about getting to school on time?"
"Frankie, how many times have I told you to knock it off with that nickname? Once? Twice? Maybe a couple hundred times? Huh? I'm not much smaller then you..."

Frankie trotted up next to me, carrying his lyric covered books.

"Ehm maybe once or twice. Well...yeah? I'm still bigger then you!"

He spat out through a lopsided grin. He was acting as though he was a five year old that just claimed he knew how many licks it took to get to the center of a Tootsie pop. That's Frankie for ya.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, Iero, whatever. Come on, we'd better hurry."

We jogged until we reached Hell's gates and proceeded to walk through it's scorching flames, on time, as well.