Tell Me Angel, Where Are You

Lazy Day Afternoon

I woke up nuzzled up next to Frankie in his bed. I couldn’t remember how I had actually gotten to the mattress itself. The last thing I remember was I was staring at the clumps of brilliance specks in the sky.
I loved the feeling of Sunday morning. I always have and I still have no idea why.

“Hey babe.”
“Hey Frankie. Hey, how’d we get into bed last night? I don’t remember coming in at all,” I said.
“Well, you passed out after I think about an hour and a half and I carried you back in and put you in bed,” he replied.
“How the hell did you manage that?”

I thought it over, his roof is slanted and he was carrying me, how did he not fall?

“Cause I’m good at life,” he replied simply.
“That you are,” I shook my head.

The phone started to ring and Frankie answered, ”Hello? Iero’s place.”
He mouthed the name ‘Gerard’ towards me and I dug my face into the plushy pillow and pulled the smushy warm blankets on top of the rest of me. I love bed. It was so comfy and you could dig yourself under the blankets, why wouldn’t you love it?

“Hey Munchkin, you wanna go meet everyone at the park in about an hour?”
“Sure,” I managed to mumble.
“What’s that?”
“Yes!”
“Mmkay, yeah we’ll see ya in about an hour.”

The bleep signaled that he’d ended the phone conversation.
Frankie rolled on top of me, fully knowing exactly where I was laying.
I groaned loudly because I wasn’t expecting it.

“Did the blankets eat my girlfriend?”
“No, but if you don’t get off, your bed might,” I forced out.
He rolled off me taking the warm, cozy blankets with him, snuggling up in them.
“Your side of the blankets smell good.”

“Hey! I was comfy, give ‘em back!” I said jokingly, trying to pry the blankets away from his tight grip. All he did was let a small giggle.
“Aw, come one Frankie, can’t we share?” I said while cracking up laughing.
“Fine, we can share,” he replied, opening the blankets, like a vampire does his cape, to let me in.

I put myself on top of him and he put his arms around me. He rolled us over and ended up on top of me. He burrowed his face into my neck and held me in his arms.

After a few minutes of laying in peace, Frankie spoke.

“We gotta get ready. I’m gonna go take a shower and you better be up when I’m out,” he joked.
“Aye, Aye, Cap’n,” I said, saluting him.

He carefully lifted himself off of me and placed the body-heated blanket next to me. I grabbed it hastily and cuddled back into it. He grabbed a fistful of clothing and before he walked out of his cluttered room,

“I swear you better get out of the bed before I come back.”
“Mhm,” I replied, lazily.
“I mean, Munchkin,” he joked.

He took shorts strides out of his room as I slowly shut my eyes.

“Hey!”
“I’m up! I’m just resting my eyes! Go shower, smelly.”
“I’m not smelly!”
“Then why are you showering?”
“Cause I’m so dirty.”
Even without opening my eyes I knew he was smirking.
“You implying something?”
“Noo.”
I heard him walk out of the room and down the hall and closed the bathroom door.

“Get in the bathroom, Frankie, I’m up, geesh you’re so nosy.”
I heard the bathroom door open and then shut again and him giggling, I smirked. I knew this kid too well.

I scanned the room for my knapsack. Come to think of it, I hadn’t showered in a while. I chuckled at how gross that was.

What if I went home and showered really quickly…Yup. I’ll do that.

I wrote Frankie a quick note that I didn’t quite intend for him to see. I felt better going home because my dad had work every Sunday.
I let myself slip out of his house and started jogging towards my house. I only lived about five houses down.

I reached my house and went into my room to grab some fresh clothes and went to take a quick shower.
Frankie is such a girl when it comes to showering. He spends forever in the shower. My plan was to shower quick enough to be done before him and climb back into his bed.

My shower was extremely quick and it left me feeling squeaky-clean. I loved showers, it felt like they washed away everything. Sometimes I soaked out my problems in the shower. It worked…occasionally.

I pulled a Green Day shirt over my head, slipped a bit of deodorant over myself, pulled up my black pants, and tugged on my trust black converse to cover my highlighter pink socks. I like a bit of vibrancy.
I was a lucky one; my hair was naturally straight. So I just dried it and tugged a brush through the short choppy strands. I put a dab of gel in my hands and ran them through to make sure it would stay.
I quickly brushed my teeth with an almost too minty toothpaste, applied a thick layer of kohl black eyeliner, and took a step back to examine the damage.

Ah, a typical outfit. I glared at the stubby hands of the clock. Fifteen minutes…not too shabby.

I ran out of the house, locking the door behind me, and started off in a flash towards Frankie’s. Once I was there, I let myself back in untimidly, due to the fact I practically lived there. Every one of our friends did that as well, we just walked into each other’s houses without knocking or anything. Everyone’s parents, after a while, just said that we didn’t have to knock anymore because we were almost family.

I heard the shower still going as I ran into Frankie’s room. I took the written note I knew he wouldn’t see and chucked it into my bag. I hopped back into his bed and pulled the covers over myself. They smelt like Frankie. I lay there with my eyes shut, waiting for him. After about ten minutes the water shut off, finally and maybe about 10 more minutes passed before,

“Hey! What’d I tell you?” Frankie jumped onto me.
“Hey! I went home and took a shower because someone takes forever in the shower!” I mumbled out through a grin.
“Liar!”
“No, I did, look!”
He ripped the blankets off and looked half shocked.
“Oh, wow, you did,” he said, laughing.
“Told you so!” I stuck out my tongue and scrunched up my nose.
“Better put that away or else I might have to bite it off,” he warned me through a smirk.
“Ya-huh.”
“I will.”
“I don’t doubt it.”
“Good.”

With that being said, Frankie lunged on top of me and started to kiss me. I already loved his kisses. The first couple times he kissed me; he was slow and deliberate. We started off slow slowly and it just ended up picking up the pace.
His callused fingers traveled from my waist to my hips and up my sides. He held the edge of the cup of my bra loosely in his grip before wrapping one arm under mine with one hand remaining on my back. I had my hands around his neck, playing with the wet hair.

I swear if anyone came into the room it would look like we were trying to eat each other.

He playfully bit my tongue, which made me smile. He gently sucked on my lower lip before slowly kissing me full on the lips. We released and rested our foreheads on each other, attempting to catch our breath. He quickly pecked my nose as I scrunched it up again.

He let out a slow sigh,” We should start heading to the park now.”
I stuck out my lower lip and pouted, “Do we hafta?”
“Yes, m’dear. We gotta tell them the good news!”
I gasped, “Oh yeah!”

We both jumped up from the bed and Frankie yanked his shoes on.
“Hey Frankie, could I borrow a sweatshirt?”
“You cold?”
“Yeah a bit.”
He rummaged through his draw of sweatshirts and finally found the right one. He chucked me a black and white striped sweatshirt that had little gray patches shown on in random spots with red thread. I sewed on the patches, thank you very much. Needless to say this was one of my favorites.
I swished it over my head and Frankie grabbed my hand at the other end of the nearly bottomless sleeve. His sweatshirts, even his, were massive on me.

“Everything you own smells like you.” That was stupid to say, he’s him…his belongings would smell like that…
“Is that good?”
“Of course, your scent is one of my favorites.”

He smiled, obviously pleased by this, and led me out of the room and out of the house.
I took his left hand and played with his callused fingers. His palm was soft and it was rosy pink. The very tips of his fingers were hard from the all that guitar playing; they were rough and coarse. Just the way I liked them.

“Get on,” he demanded.
“On what?”
“My back, I’ll carry ya.”
I hopped onto his back as we were off to the park.
As we neared the rusty gate, my gaze fell upon the far away swing set.

“Put me down we gotta race!”
“Duh! I knew that.”

He put me down and I straightened my pants out. We both posed in a racing position. I said, “On your mark, get se…” I never finished and I bolted to the nearing swing set. Frankie usually beat me, but that didn’t mean he was necessarily faster then I am. If I got a head start, I won by a long shot.

“Hey! Get back here, you cheater!”

He was so close and the swishing of his shorts grew nearer. I felt a pair of hands capture my waist and pull me down to the ground. We fell oh so graciously on one another, hysterically laughing. I was stuck in a tight hug from behind.
I swiftly escaped the hug and rolled to where I was out of reach. I was on my feet in no time, still hysterically laughing. Frankie remained on the ground with one hand clutching his stomach that probably hurt from laughing too hard and one making an attempt to grab my ankle, but only grabbing air.

I grabbed the rusty chain of the swing, quickly sat down, and started to swing. Frankie put his hands on his hips and playfully glared at me.

“You cheated.”
“No, I gave myself an advantage,” I replied.
“That’s called cheating, Munchkin,” he joked.
I scrunched my nose in disgust to the name.
“Yeah, so?”
“So, gimme the swing.”
“No way!”
“Gimme it!”
“No!”
“Give me the swing.”
“Only if you share with me,” I bargained.
“Fine, okay, I’ll share, now up,” he agreed.
I got up and allowed him to sit down before I plopped onto him.

“No way, chocolate is much better in cookies then raisins.”
“But fruits healthier!”
“That’s why it shouldn’t be in cookies!”

Mikey and Lauren walked over hand in hand arguing about something completely point, again, along with Gee walking beside them, shaking his head.
“Hey guys,” I exclaimed.
“Hey Frankie, hey Adie,” Mikey and Lauren paused and then continued to silently arguing.

“Can you please them which is better? They won’t listen to me. They’ve been going at it for hours!” Gee pleaded towards me.
They both snapped their necks in my direction, their eyes begged for an answer.

I thought for a minute and answered, “Chocolate-covered raisins.”

“That works…” They both stated while they shared a grin.
“THANK YOU!” Gerard screamed, rushing towards me and pulled me into a giant bear hug.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” I smiled.

Gerard finally released me and sat down by a silver bar that supported the ancient swing set.

“Hey guys!”
“ Hey Bob, hey Ray.”
“And Kerri!”

Bob, Kerri, and Ray sat down in various patches of grassy dirt after greeting everybody.

Bob and Kerri were together. They were adorable as well and they were both so happy.
Kerri was pretty tall with sparkling icy blue eyes that could pierce right though you. Her hair was short, black, and choppy with snow white and fire red highlights streaked through. She wore something interesting everyday. Always had a hoop in her nose and lip, as well. She had hers in the same spot as me; we had gotten them done together. She was very curvy and was amazing at poetry. She definitely had the ability to be a model, no doubt. She was also another person I went to for help with everything. I talked to her about Frankie often, too. She knew how to deal with those types of things better then I did.
Her and Bob had been together for a couple years now. He had given her a promise ring on her birthday that held her birthstone in the shape of a heart and ex’s on both sides, with the inscription ‘To Kerri, I love you’ on the inside of the silver band. I don’t think she’s taken it off since then. Bob was also teaching Kerri the drums due to the fact he was an amazing drummer. Kerri was getting pretty good herself.

“Hey Adele!”
“Hey, what’s up?”
“Oh the usual, how about yourself?”
“Much,” I replied with a grin.
Everyone looked at me wondering what was up. My friends are so nosy and apparently have select hearing, but I love them anyway.

“Oh do tell,” Gerard said, sitting cross-legged and twiddling his thumbs, with a mischievous grin stuck to his face.
It was almost like he knew…but how?
I blinked a few times and cocked my head to the side. I squinted my eyes accusingly and without changing my facial expression I simply asked, ”How?”

“I have my way, Love,” he said smugly.
Dammit, how’d he know?

“Jesus tap-dancing Christ, tell the rest of us!” Kerri blurted out. Everyone laughed at her impatience.

“Calm down, my girlfriend will tell you in a sec,” Frankie smiled.
I smiled, whadda jerk, he knew I was getting to that part.

“Girlfriend? Ah, finally!” Everyone exclaimed.
“Wow, that obvious, huh?” Frankie whispered to me, jokingly.
“Guess so,” I replied.
Kerri looked from me to Frankie, back to me, then Frankie before, ”Aww.”

“Aw, congrads guys, I’m really happy for you!” Lauren scooted over and enclosed us in a hug. She let go, gave me a wink, and scooted back over into Mikey’s awaiting arms.

Kerri glanced at me…then Frankie again, “Aw.”

“I’ll be back in a minute, ok, babe?” Frankie whispered.
“Where ya going?”
“I gotta talk to Gee for a sec,” he replied gently.
“Foine,” I pouted.
He smiled and kissed me before I got up.
“Aw.”
“Kerri, shut it.”
I resumed my place on the swing and hopped into the conversation about Gerard’s birthday.

“What are you guys getting for Gee?” I questioned.
“I’m getting him a whole bunch of shirts so he quits stealing mine,” Mikey replied.
“What about you, Adie?”
“I bought him that deluxe art set with the comic strip paper,” I replied, somewhat proudly. Gee had wanted it for a while. I couldn’t wait to see his face when I gave it to him.

There was a tinge in my eye, all of sudden. I started to itch them. oh great, allergies.
Most people start reacting to pollen in May. Mine, however, started in April and were only worse in May. My nose started to un-enable me to breath and my now blood shot red eyes were tearing from all the furious rubbing. A good fifteen minutes later,

“Allergies, Adie-cakes?” Bob asked, looking over at me.
Yes, I know what you’re thinking; I have too many nicknames.

“Ya,” was all I could mutter out. The congestion muttled with my voice box, making me speak in a tried, monotone voice.
Frankie and Gee had finally walking back, gleaming, which I don’t know if it was considered a good thing. Both of their grins were sinister, so you could never really tell.

“Aw, babe, allergies already?” Frankie cooed.
I hummed a speechless ‘yes’.
I was still furiously rubbing my eyes. The itchy-ness had enclosed them under a deep spell.

“Babe, babe, don’t rub ‘em. That make ‘em worse.”
He gently grabbed my wrists and pulled them away from my eyes, that were now basically slits. He carefully wiped the tears that had dripped from my swollen, blood-shot eyes. He tenderly gripped my chin and looked at my face.

“Your bruise isn’t that bad,” he stated.
“Good?” I didn’t exactly know how to reply.
“We were gonna go get food, but you don’t look like you’re in any condition, Munchkin,” Frankie said.
“Whaddya mean? I’m fine,” I sniffled, stifling a giggle.
“Ha, ha. You wanna go home, Munchkin? We can get your meds and everyone can come and order Chinese or something.”
“I guess so, stupid allergies,” I whined.
He kissed my forehead and gripped my hand.
“Wanna go back to my house and order Chinese?”

“Food!” Kerri and Lauren screeched in unison.
“I take that as a ‘yes’,” Gerard laughed.

We walked back to Frankie’s house and stopped at my house to get my meds then continue on to Frankie’s.

Two pills, eight pairs of chop sticks, three cartons of pork fried rice, four egg rolls, five containers of chow mien, three containers of chicken and veggies, four containers of egg drop, two containers of chicken and broccoli, three containers of wonton soup, and seventeen fortune cookies later, we sat down complaining that we had eaten too much. Most of it was from the other day; we had ordered stuff for dinner, so we ate most of the leftovers.

“Oh, do I smell Chinese?”
Linda walked in with a white plastic bag of groceries in hand.

“Hey Linda,” replied Ray, Kerri, Mikey, and Lauren.
“Hi Mrs. Iero,” said Bob and Gerard, they called people by their last names.
“Hiya mom,” Frankie and I exclaimed. She didn’t mind that I called her mom, she found it rather cute.

“Are you guys done?”
“Yes,” everyone groaned, we all laughed.
“Oh, okay, so you don’t mind if I steal some?”
“By all means,” Gerard pointed to the food.
“Ew…school tomorrow,” I whined.
“Bleh…why’d you remind us?” Mikey groaned, acting annoyed.

Weekends are always too short. You get so excited over two days of no school. It’s kind of just a tease, really. You stay home and have lazy day afternoons, such as the one I had today, and then the school week creeps up on you and strangles you with it’s bare hands. It then takes over for another five days.
But I guess I’m glad for those two days off. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to escape from my life for a bit. And what better way to spend it with a group of your best friends and amazing boyfriend?