Tell Me Angel, Where Are You

Just Like My Favorite Scene

“Ah!” I screamed as I jumped up and hugged Frankie. I buried my face into his neck and held on tightly.
“You like your surprise?” Frankie grinned with all of his pearly whites.
“Like it? Baby, I love it! You didn’t have to do this.”
“No, but I wanted to.
“Ahem.”

I whipped my neck around in the direction of where the ahem had came from. Gerard caught my gaze as he stood there teeter tottering on his feet, his eyes looking up, whistling, while he laced his dirty fingers together.
My mouth curled into a grin and hugged him as well.

“Thank you, Gerard,” I said as I slung my tiny arms around his slender neck.
A smirk positioned itself onto his face as he tightly gripped my waist and dug his face into my shoulder. My pair of wild green converse were quickly removed from the sturdy ground and were left dangling as he hugged me.

“Anytime.”
He released me and my feet finally reached the pavement.

“So, what are we waiting for, let’s go!” Frankie stated, as he handed me my ticket and gripped my other hand securely.

“Well, I’ll leave you two kids alone now. I’ll be back to pick you up. Frank, the time you told me?”
“Yup.”
“Gee, you’re not staying with us?” I asked and turned to face him, still clutching Frankie’s hand.
“Nope,” he said, winking at the both of us and spun on his heel.

“Alright, bye Gee!” We waved back.
“Ready?” Frankie turned to me, shaking my hand and flashing me a contagious grin.
“Yeahhh man!” I replied.

We stepped inside the awaiting entrance and everything hit us at once. The delicious smell of the combination of different candies and the roasting foods played around my nose. The small children screaming with pure delight and families strolling along, pointing to everything in sight. Fun-filled shrills and screams were heard from the nearby rides. Cameras were flashing lights as they took still pictures of children with chocolate in costumes.

“Come ‘er, we gotta measure you,” Frankie said, tugging me along.
“What’s that?” I asked.
There was a...well...a thing. It was about the size of a soda machine, except it had pictures of different candies plastered to the front. It had different candies on it.
“Stand here,” he directed and pushed me to the block of candies.
“You’re a Hershey Bar, so am I.”
“How did you figure that out?” I asked in total confusion.
“Well, when you stand there, you see what candy you’re up to and that tells you which rides you’re tall enough to ride. We’re Hershey Bars,” he said, gripping my hand, softly squeezing it.
“Mm yummy,” I giggled.

My fluttering gaze captured the spinning horses on the Carrousel.
“Hey Frankie?”
“Wanna go on the Carrousel?”
“How’d you…”
“Cause you’ve never been on one before.”
“You remember such weird things, you know that?”
We giggled our way over to the awaiting line. He started to play with my rosy fingers as I rested my head on his shoulder. He reached into his pocket and grabbed something.
“Smile!”
I smiled quickly, our cheeks pressed together as he snapped the shot of us.
“How do you do that? I go to take a quick goofy shot and you smile and make it look amazing. How?”
“I’m talented,” I retorted.
“Naw, you’re nothing short of absolutely amazing.”
I grinned and gave him a quick peck on the lips. How’d I get so lucky? How?

The once long line had shortened within five minutes and then it was our turn. Frankie pointed over to a black horse. We quickly ran over before anyone else had time to get to it. He lifted me up and sat behind me.

We heard little giggles from the three children behind us.

“I think they love each other!”
“Ew!”
They all giggled and pointed.

I giggled at them, they were cute. Frankie kissed cheek and smiled at me. He placed his hands on my hips as the playful music started up and we started going around.
“Picture!”
Frankie wrapped one arm fully around me and raised the other to snap a quick photo. I stuck my tongue out and made a goofy face for him, like he wanted.

The spinning slowly ended and everyone hopped off, a bit dizzy from going around so many times. Frankie hopped off and stuck his hands out for me to glide into them. He took my hand and dragged me out of the exit.

High pitched screams and laughter soared at us.
“Aw, Adie, can we go on Comet?”
“What’s Comet?”
He pointed a finger to an old white-wooded roller coaster zipping along its trail.
“Yeah!” I screeched.

We walked over to the exhilarating ride and stood in line. It was a slow and very painful wait. About fifteen minutes had gone by and finally we had reached the front. I stepped into the ride and Frankie sat beside me and we quickly did our seatbelts. A bulky man went around checking to make sure the seatbelts were secure. Soon enough, we left the ride station in a flash, turning and twisting every which way. We screamed at the top of our lungs and I could not stop laughing. I had a problem. Every time I ride a roller coaster, I laugh until I’m near tears. Don’t ask me why because I have no idea.

In five minutes the thrilling ride was over.
“Ah, nothing like a coaster to wake ya up, huh?” Frankie asked, completely out of breath.
I laughed, “Yeah, you got that right. What’s next?”

“Yep, your pick, love, which one?” Frankie said, while his eyes twitched in excitement.
I looked around intently as we walked. I placed a finger to my chin and started tapping in deep concentration. About ten minutes later, we came across my choice.

“You know, I’ve always wanted to be a pirate, how bout that one?” I said, pointing to a swinging pirate ship.
“Arg, aye aye me matey!” Frankie joked in a rugged voice.
I laughed as he yet again dragged me towards the agonizingly long line.
“Why are lines so long?” I asked simply. It wasn’t in a whiny way, I just figured it was a good question.
“Because the people that work here, they make you wait so long because that’s what gets you excited. Every time you look at the ride you get those nervous butterflies in your stomach and it makes the ride even better,” Frankie replied, while he tickled my tummy.
“Kinda like you,” I thought out loud.
“What’s that?” He asked while looking at me.
“I said kinda like you. You give me nervous butterflies and waiting so long makes it even better, I guess,” I replied without looking away.
“Aw, you give me those damn butterflies too,” Frankie said as he kissed my nose, gripping my hand tighter as he did so.

After a while, we reached the front and endured the breath-taking ride. It was like a huge swing, except in a pirate ship and going higher then any other swing I’ve been on. Some little kid got sick all over this ancient looking guy without any teeth. I felt bad for the poor kid he looked about ten or eleven and the guy snapped at him. I mean, yeah, getting puked on isn’t fun, but I don’t think he meant to do it.

We got off the ride and the kid was just sitting on the ground. Where were his parents? I didn’t see any adults around him but he did have a couple friends that were patting him on the back. I reached into my pocket and discovered that I had money.

“Hey Frankie?”
“Yeah?”
“Where can I get a T-shirt?”
“Over there, why?” He pointed out.
“No reason, just come with me.”

I walked over and bought a pretty decent shirt, it had a bunch of candies on it and on the back said Hershey. I glanced around and the kid was still just standing there bent over on his knees. I quickly walked over to him and Frankie trailed behind me. He really didn’t question it.

“Hey, kid, are you okay?” I asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine, just kinda sick. I shouldn’t have gone on the stupid ride anyway,” the kid mumbled. All of his friends just gaped at me no “hello” or a simple “hi” or anything.

“Well, you kinda ruined your shirt and I got you a new one. I didn’t think you’d like walking around like that all day,” I said, pointing at the soiled shirt that clung to him.
“Oh, thanks! You really didn’t have to, I was going to buy another one anyway,” the kid sputtered.
“Nah, it’s alright, Buddy, just don’t ride the rides if you know you shouldn’t, ok?”
“Thanks.”
“Anytime.”

Frankie gripped my hand tightly and we began to walk away.

“Dude, you just totally got hit on!”
“Did not, doofus, that’s her boyfriend. See, the one she’s attached to by the hand?”

I laughed at that.

I felt Frankie’s eyes boring into the side of my head.

I giggled, “What? Mad cause I didn’t get you a shirt?”
He smiled and squeezed my hand.
“You know, I don’t know why I’m so lucky. You’re fuckin’ amazing. I mean, you didn’t even know that kid…” he trailed off.
“Yeah, but would you wanna walk around in a puked on shirt?”
“No, but still…you didn’t have to but you did. That’s why I keep asking myself what the hell I did to deserve someone as amazing as you.”
“Funny, cause I ask myself that about you, actually,” I replied.

He grinned and his arm snaked its way around my waist pulling me closer to him.

After turns of choosing which rides to go on for a few hours, it was my pick again.
The turning wheel of light captured me. It slowly turned and the small buckets held the people. The Ferris Wheel was so high up, I wouldn’t surprised if they saw the entire park and more from the top.

“That one?” I ask with my pouty lips.
“Tell me you’ve never been on a Ferris Wheel before, either,” Frankie looked at me with disbelief.
[a/n I’ve actually never been on a Ferris Wheel before, so if I describe it wrong, I’m sorry. I’m just describing it the way I think it would be.]
“Uh…no,” I simply replied.
“Dude, where have you been living? Underneath a rock?” He asked in utter shock.
“No! I’ve just never been on one before, that’s all.”
“Sweet. I’ve taken you on the Carrousel and a Ferris Wheel for the first time ever!” He stated with excitement.
He seized my hand and this time I was the one dragging him to the line. Once again the line took an eternity and then some. But finally, it was out turn. There’s this problem though, I have a slight fear of heights. But I wanted to go on so badly. It’s strange because I still want to go sky diving when I’m old enough.
We go into the small tan seat and the small latch was attached to the side to keep us inside. Yeah, like I’d want to go on the outside of this thing a hundred feet of the ground…

The enormous wheel started to turn slowly and we surged forward. I tightly clutched Frankie’s hand as I looked out the side as the people grew smaller and smaller until they looked like ants on an anthill.
“Aw, Adele, look!” Frankie pointed at nothing in particular.
Then when I actually looked, I saw everything. You could see the entire park and people were scattered everywhere along with rides littered in certain areas. It was spectacular. The butterflies rushed back to my stomach as I realized just how high we were, but it was so worth it.
“Smile!”
I smiled as Frankie snapped another shot.
“Damn it, you did it again…”

The ride stopped every five minutes to let people on and off. I didn’t want to get off; it was so much fun.
Alas, our turn came to get off and we hopped out as the latch was detached and sat open for the next few anxious riders.

It was getting pretty late and we still hadn’t eaten lunch yet. The delectable scent of French fries had reached me and my stomach began eating away at itself in hunger.

“I’m close to starvation,” I sighed.
“Food!” Frankie threw his hands up, grabbed mine and ran towards the line.
“Guess you’re hungry as well?”
“Hells yeah!”
We laughed as we waited in yet another line.

The place was called “Bricker’s Famous French Fries” and it was a cute little stand that just sold French fries. But man, you could make a meal out of those alone. We found a nearby tree to sit under and rested as we scoffed down our French Fries and ketchup.

“Are you having fun?” Frankie asked as he dipped his golden fry in his ketchup.
“Yeah. I’m having a really good time, Frankie. But, how’d you…afford it? I mean coming here isn’t cheap…” I trailed off, feeling a bit guilty about forgetting that small detail.
“No, it wasn’t a problem. I’ve got connections inside here so I got a discount and I’ve been saving bits a pieces for months. No biggy, Munchkin.”

Wait a sec…

“Months?” I questioned as I ate more.
“Yeah, months,” he stated as he looked up and grinned.
“Frankie, we’ve only been together for a month. How…”
“I’ve always wanted to take you here. So, I decided when I was old enough, I would.”

I grinned widely and scooted closer him and meant to kiss him on the cheek. However, he quickly turned his head and kissed me on the lips. I continued to smile as I rested my head on his shoulder and finished the lovely French fries.
“Damn, those were good,” Frankie exclaimed rubbing his tummy.
“Mmhmm,” I mumbled as I grabbed his hand in mine.
He laced his fingers with mine and lightly squeezed it as he rested his head on me.

“We have to wait before we get on more rides cause if we don’t…”
“Yeah…”I laughed.
We lazily walked around looking at the many chocolatey souvenirs. There was a Reeces guy walking around and Frankie grinned evilly. He nodded his head towards him and I got the idea.
“Wanna?” Frankie asked.
“Yeah!”

We ran up to the guy and he gave me a high five.
“Hey, dude, could you take a picture?” Frankie asked some random guy that had been walking down the sidewalk.
“Sure.”
“Thanks!”
Me and Frankie and the Reeces guy all gave the thumbs up as the picture snapped.
“Thank you Reece Man,” I said, as he hugged me.
Frankie grabbed my hand as we continued to walk around, just sight-seeing.
It had been hours before we picked another ride, we were having too much fun taking random shots with walking candies and just of ourselves in general.

It was now dark out and we had ridden the Trail Blazer, the SooperDooperLooper, and the Great Bear. All of which were kick ass rides that left us hysterically laughing as we got off the ride. I hadn’t had this much fun in…forever. Frankie had made this day perfect for me. There wasn’t a thing I could change to make this any better.

“I’m hungry again.”
“Again?” I asked.
“Yeah, aren’t you?”
“Yes,” I admitted.
He laughed and I shivered, there was now a slight breeze that made the little hairs on your arms stand up.
Without a word, Frankie released my clammy hand and took off his jet-black hoodie off.
“Arms up,” he demanded looking into my eyes.
“You don’t hafta give me your sweatshirt, Frankie, I’m fi…”
“Arms up Munchkin,” he repeated with a grin.

This kid would never take the word ‘no’ for an answer. He was so stubborn but I would never change that because I was just as stubborn.

I raised my arms and he placed the warm and extremely lovely scented sweatshirt over me. He pulled the hood up over my head.

He laughed at the sight.
“You’re so tiny!”
I grinned and raised my arms to the sides to take a look. Yeah, I guess I’m mini, but I say fun-sized!

“That’s not a band thing you know,” Frankie whispered and slide his arm down mine and finally reached my hand, gripping it tightly.

We found another shop and grabbed slices of pizza and found a ride to sit by.
It was very entertaining watching people scream their heads off on electrifying roller coasters. The pizza wasn’t half-bad either. However, me and Frankie always argued over pizza. He said the sauce made the pizza, however I disagreed. I said the cheese was what made it better. I always won, I wouldn’t stop arguing and it wouldn’t be over until I got the last word.

We continued walking around the almost empty park.
“Go-karts! Race ya!” Frankie took off in a flash.
“Hey! Cheater!” I shouted as I ran after him.
“It’s not cheating! I’m giving myself an advantage!”
I laughed at my words that he’d thrown back at me.

We were the only ones in line and I got the wicked green cart. They weren’t exactly go-karts per say; they were more like old-fashioned racing cars. Frankie hopped into the car next to me.

“That your girlfriend?” The guy who was running the ride asked. He didn’t look that old, in fact, he couldn’t have been much older then Frankie and myself.
Frankie answered with a grin, “Yeah, she’s mine.”
The kid grinned and looked at me and winked.
Looking back at Frankie, he shyly added, “Cute.”
Frankie looked at me and pretended to rev the engine, I giggled at his silly gesture and mirrored him.
“Ready?” The kid asked.
“Yeah, yeah! Candy Man!” I shouted.
“Go!”

Me and Frankie raced off in the cars and I was on the inside. I had driven these types of rides before. The car was attached to the ground so if you turned too late or too soon, it knocked you around a bit and it took a while to gain control again. Frankie, however, didn’t realize this, and turned too soon. He was getting banged up and very frustrated.
“What the hell?” He looked down at the steering wheel.
I cackled as I sped ahead of him.
I won by a long shot. Frankie was still having trouble and was at the other half of the racetrack.
“Am I allowed to go help him?”
The kid laughed and nodded his head.

I ran over to Frankie’s car and told him to stop driving.
“No, I’m doing good!”
“Frankie, move your fat ass over.”
“You like my fat ass,” he grinned and started rubbing his ass.
I laughed, “Yes, I love your fat ass.”
"Eh, your isn't too bad either," he said catching a glance from behind.
He moved over as I giggled and hopped in to take control. We had crossed the finish line and stopped.

We both jumped out hysterically laughing at how slow Frankie was and we walked away hand in hand again. We thanked the guy that had been controlling the ride. He waved and pointed to Frankie,
“Don’t you lose her, you got it, man?”
“Thanks, I wouldn’t dream of it.”

I would imagine it was late because we were almost the last two people in the park. We walked up to this one ride, where it was just an opening. Frankie took my hand as he led me towards our last ride. The man standing there grinned and went and hugged him. Frankie usually didn’t hug random strangers, so I’m taking a wild guess in saying this was his connection to the park.
“Adie, this is my Uncle Sal, Uncle Sal, this is my beautiful girlfriend, Adele.”
I took his hand and shook it.
“Nice to meet you,” I smiled.
“Same to you. Frankie, wow, this is her?” He pounded Frankie’s fist like a high schooler making me laugh.
He turned to me again and said, “I’ve heard a lot about you. You better be taking care of Frankie over here!”
“Don’t worry, I am,” I replied with a grin.
“So can we…” Frankie trailed off looking at this mysterious ride.
“Oh yeah, I’ll see what I can do,” he replied with a wink.

Frankie smiled with all his teeth and, once again gripped my hand, leading me towards this strange ride. The windows were Hershey kisses and it was on a large bar extending upwards. I’ve heard of this!

We were alone in the Kissing Tower and the doors shut as we slowly began to spin and go up. The spinning was almost unnoticeable. Frankie covered my eyes with his hands.
“Wh…”
“Just wait, I’ll let you see in a second.”
A few minutes later we came to a stop and Frankie whispered,
“Look.”

It was beyond amazing. You could see the entire park from here. The fact that I was here with my boyfriend just made the moment better then a dream itself.
I turned around to face Frankie he slid his arms around my waist. He grinned from ear to ear.
“Like it?”
I whispered, “ Of course, Frankie, it’s amazing.”
“Listen, I know, we’ve been going out for just a month now…but I can’t stand not telling you anymore.”
My stomach dropped. Oh no…what is it?
“Adele Marie, I love you.”

My stomach somersaulted and the butterflies fluttered throughout my entire body.
He continued, “You don’t have to say it back if you’re not ready to, I just needed to tell you.”
The corners of my mouth lifted into a wide grin. YES! He felt the same way! He loved me too. This was the first time ever this was being said. Ever.

“Frankie, I love you,” I said in a hushed whisper because that was all I could bring myself to do.

He tilted his head and began to kiss me as he held me in his arms.

POP…BOOM… Sizzle…Tsss…

I broke our kiss to see the multicolored flashes in the air. Fireworks. I smiled as I returned to face Frankie with a huge grin plastered to my face. I pushed my lips onto his soft pink ones and grinned.

This was just like my favorite scene.

[a/n: I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm sorry I lied, it should have been up sooner. I've been dealing with a whole bunch of tests lately. But here it is, a nice long chapter. I really hope you like it because now my ass is asleep from sitting here for hours typing it up. Go comment!]