Tell Me Angel, Where Are You

Oreo

I woke up snuggled tightly in Frankie's arms, wearing his sweatshirt close to my small frame. I lazily looked around and reluctantly remembered where I was and why I was here. I noted that Frank had made a temporary bed by pulling a couple of chairs together.
"Hey," whispered Frank.
"What time is it?"
"It's three fourty-five."
"Did the nurse say anything?"
"No, I've stayed up, just in case she did."
"Thank you, Frank."
"Anything for you. You hungry?"
"A little bit. Wanna-"
"Yeah, let's go."

My voice was raspy and hard to use. It had been, after all, the first time I had spoken in hours.
We quietly walked over to the vacant food court, which was competely empty except for a few people sitting by their lonesome. Most. of which, were stirring plastic spoons slowly around the edges of cofe cups.
"You go sit. I'll find us something."
I nodded and found a clean empty table and sat down. Moments later, Frankie reappeared, holding a small red carton of milk and a sleeve of Oreos. I let up a small smile. He knew how much I loved Oreos.
He hungrily tore open the carton of cold milk all the way so we could dunk. He gently handed me a black and white cookie as he lazily began to dunk one himself.

"Mmm Oreo...milk's favorite cookie." I mumbled as I munched down on my cookie.
"Mmm Adele...Frankie's favorite everything."

I let up another small grin as I glanced over at him. He smiled a bit as he looked over at me, unashamed of what he had said, biting down on his mushy cookie.
"I love you Frank Anthony Iero."
"I wuv you Adele Maarie Armstong." He replied with a mouth full of cookie.

I leaned over the table and kissed him as he softly cupped my face. We both went back down to munching on our snack.
"Frankie..I..I just..thank you."
"I love you, Adele. You don't need to thank me."
"Yes, I do, Frank. A lot of people at this point would have left me and would have told me to start getting back to reality. But you didn't, Frank. I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for that. You've been so understanding and it means the world to me, Frankie, it really does. I love you so much, you know that right?"
"Yes, baby, I do. I'm here. I promised you that I'd never leave you and I have no intention of breaking any promise that I've made to you. Never. Not even after I die. Forever. I'd do anything for you, Adele because I love you. Don't thank me."
I was able to really smile for the first time in ages. We finished out cookie, tossed the trash, and went back to the dreadful waiting room.