Tell Me Angel, Where Are You

Who?

The sullen room was dimly lit or maybe it just seemed that way. There were a few people sitting around, more than when me and Frankie had left.
There was an extremely nervous looking couple sitting in the corner, holding tightly onto each others' hands. Awaiting for some type of news anxiously. There were a few nurses, some dressed in green scrubs, others in white, bustling in and out of everywhere with their handy dandy clipboards glued to their long boney fingers.
I tenderly pulled Frankie's sweatshirt closer to me frail body. He enfolded me in an arm and rubbed my forearms so gently. He slowly sat down in our chair bed and delicately took me into his awaiting lap. His stubby chin rested upon my head as his arms held me close. I lightly nudged my head into his neck and breathed out. He limpy curled my hair within his slender fingers.

I still couldn't shake off this feeling. This dismal sensation that had already taken me hostage and infected me like a vile cancer. My mom was fighting for her life in a hospital bed while I just sat here. That's all I could do, just sit and wait. That slightly angered me, this feeling of complete helplessness. Knowing there was nothing I could do. Who gets to pick who lives and who dies? Who? How was this fair? How could I just sit here like this? I wanted to help I wanted to do something, anything.

I awoke to Frank delicately rubbing my shoulders.
"Um, baby, you awake?"
"Yes, now that you've woken me. What issit?" I rubbed my eyes gingerly and scratched the back of my head.
"Uh..about ten. I don't know why they're making me a messanger boy. Anyway, the nurse came while you were asleep--"
"What? What happened?"
I sat straight up, eyes wide open, and, suddenly, I was so wide awake. He sighed as he played with a string on my sweatshirt.
"Frankie, just tell me." I whispered, already knowing, fearing the worst.
"Come on, let's go."

He stoof up and pulled me up from where I was so comfortablly sitting. He pushed the chairs back to their vacant spots in the row.

Ding

"Stairs?"
"You wanna take those instead? It's a long walk. I'll sing to you in the elevator, if you'd like."
A moment later, I replied with a simple nod. He grasped my hand into his and pulled me into his arms and into the death device. He tugged the large hood of the sweatshirt over my head and placed his strong arms around my neck as I let myself encircle his waist with my arms.

"Then you say go slow. I fall behind. The second hand unwinds. If you're lost, you can look and you will find me, time after time. If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting, time after time."

I closed my eyes and threw my defences down as the wet tears overthrew me.

Ding

I walked off, Frankie still attatched by hand as he led me in the correct direction. We silently walked into the room to find a guy standing over my mother's body. This agitated me because he showed no sign of being a doctor.
"Hey, who the hell are you?"

The guy turned around my hard expression softened. It took only about a moment to register who I thouyght he was,

"Oh my God."