Tell Me Angel, Where Are You

Thought I heard You Say 'I Like You'

"Alright. Get off of her. She's suffered enough, as have I." Gerard stated, pretending to act like a pissy older brother. He gripped Frankie by his shoulders hastily pulled him off of me, much to my dismay. I just laid there all comfy, still smothered by mountains of fluffy blankets.

"Fat ass." Gee mumbled towards me. I didn't reply, I was too comfortable and I deepened myself within my own little cloud. You know when you find the perfect spot? Where you just can't move because then you would shift a blanket and it wouldn't feel as right? That's what I had found and I wasn't just going to move because someone called me a fatass. Too minuscule of a problem to me.

"What the hell were you doing up at the crack of dawn playing card games anyway?" I questioned.

"Well, funny you should ask, really. Well, I lightly fell o..."
"Gerard. You can't lightly fall," Mikey said, using his famous finger quotes.
"Anyway, Gerard heavily fell on me and ...asked me to play a card game with him since I was awake."
"That's interesting..."

I graciously slipped away into my own world once again.
Should I tell him what I heard last night? Maybe I really was dreaming. He deserves so much more then me. But what if I wasn't dreaming and what if he really does like me? But I was listening in on his conversation, which is a complete violation of privacy...but was I dreaming that I was listening in on his conversation in the first place?....

"Hey, d'ya hear me?"

I was rushed back to reality with Frankie's hand hovering over my face, attempting to gain my attention.

"Hmm, what's that?"
"You were dazed off in lalaland. I mean, pshh, I know I'm hot, but quit dreaming, I'm right here." Frankie smiled.

Wait, how'd he know I was thinking of him? Nah, dumby, he didn't read your mind. Maybe he did...he was just kidding...or was he? Wasn't he? I mean he can't possibly have known I was thinking about him..could he? Oh no, did I say something out loud? I'm way too paranoid for my own good...

"Ha, what makes you think I was thinking of you, huh?"
"Cause you were drooling," he smirked.
"Was not!" I retorted.
"I know."
"Oh my God. What dipshit here was trying to ask you was would you mind if we took a hit?" Gerard interrupted.
"Nah, go ahead, I don't mind."

I didn't particularly like the smell of smoke. It was a bit too ashy for me. I mean, after a while you become accustomed to the smell and it doesn't bother you as much. I was accustomed to it because I've been around it all my life. I wasn't much of a smoker to begin with. I prefered to get a more natural high by eating skittles. But that's just me.

Frankie wasn't an addict, like most people who did smoke. He just was entertained by it, it was a hobby, more like. It was amusing watching Frankie smoke too. He inhaled deeply and softly blew out gray wisps of air that, almost magically, turned into smoky ash rings. He was also able to temporarily wear them around his skinny fingers for maybe two to three seconds. It was really interesting. It was able to maintain my attention for a while. It was pretty hilarious because he was the only one of my friends who obtained that talent. Whenever Gee attempted it, he either a) just blew out strips of gray air,or, most of the time, b) choked from inhaling too much of the tar-filled substance faster then his lungs could handle.

Soon the cramped room was clouded with thick gray power wisps that hadn't disappeared yet. The ashy smell was worn like perfume by everyone. If you twirled your finger, the wisps would follow your every demand and play around your finger in pin wheel like motions. The air was so thick, I could spell my name in it.
The mighty thunder continued to threateningly crack and you could hear the fierce rain drops propelling themselves against the house.

"I'm out," Mikey huffed.
Gerard hummed, speechlessly agreeing.
"Hey Munchkin, come 're," Frankie gestured.

I sat there and refused to move. I wasn't answering to that infamous nickname he had given me. Nope.

"Get your ass over here, please?"
"Don't call me munchkin then, princess."
"Fine, buttface, get over here."
"Hey, it's better then Munchkin."

I fell off the bed and slowly crawled to where he was laying, curious as to what he wanted. He carefully inhaled and gradually blew out, forming an enormous ring. He blew it, so that it was laying horizontally. He somehow managed to get it to float above my head and whispered, "You know you're my guardian angel, right?"
I smiled involuntarily, without thinking. The corners of my mouth thought for themselves. I thought it was cute. However, Mikey and Gee felt differently.

"Do I have a bucket laying anywhere convenient?"
"If you find it, can I use it too?"

I shot them both a death glare. If looks could really kill, I think I would be a world renowned murderer.

"You're still my Munchkin too," he snickered.

It was only eighty thirty in the morning, which still, was too early for me. I hadn't been able to really wake up yet. I think it was pretty obvious by the way all the guys told me I looked as though I was about to fall asleep again.

I had still been thinking about what to say to Frankie. I mean, it was difficult, due to the fact we were still at Gee's house and I wanted to talk alone. However, he seemed to have read my mind...well I hope not, due to all the thoughts about him.

"Hey Adie, you want to come to the park with me?"
"Frankie, dude, you want to take her to the park? There's a fucking hurricane outside, " Mikey whined.
"Sure. I like the park."
"What and you don't want to invite us?" Gerard complained.
Frankie and I shared a glance and at the same time plainly stated, "No."
"Oh pshh, fine be that way. Me and Mikey don't need you anyway!"
"Mkay, we'll be back later," Frankie smirked.
"Okay, but hurry, hanging out with him is torture."
"Is not Mikes, we'll have fun."
"Frankie. Adele. Soon."

Frankie and I just laughed, knowing exactly how severely he wanted to join us.
Frankie climbed out of Gee's window and delicately,but firmly grabbed my arms to pull me up as well.

The large drops of rain were coming down in sheets, leaving us to be completely soaked, but neither of us seemed to mind.

"So, why the park?" I questioned.
"I thought you liked the park? You told me in fourth grade it was your favorite place in the world."
Wow, he remembers that?
"How do you remember that?"
"I remember a lot of what you tell me, I don't forget much,"he grinned.

He tenderly grabbed my freezing hand and dragged me all the way to the park. Drenched all the way down to the bone, but it was worth it. I was going to tell him I thought I heard him in a dream last night. Actually, I was going to tell him how I felt. You know, you can never pick the right moment to make a complete idiot of yourself. It always just...happens, whether you're ready or not. I chose to be in control of that moment because it was slowly coming in for the kill, like a shark attacking it's prey. Slowly, but surely, bound to happen at some point in time.

The rusty gate squeaked open as we both rushed inside to the park, seeing who would get the better swing out of the two. It was tradition, every time we went to the park we'd rush to the swings to see who would win. He usually beat me, just for bragging rights.

It was eating away inside of me and suddenly my courage seemed to take a nose dive.Why am I so nervous? It's just Frankie. He's your best friend. Just say it. I was trying to egg myself on, but the battle lacked the strength it needed. He quickly took the better swing which left me with the crap swing. He grabbed my arm before I sat down and just patted his lap, encouraging me to sit down. I smiled and took a seat.

"You know we're sitting on a lightning-attracting rod? Complete attraction...if lightning were to strike this thing, we'd both be electrocuted."
"That's wonderful, Frankie, you always had such a way with words," I giggled.

Here goes something...

"Hey, Frankie?"
"Mhm?"
"Can I talk to you 'bout something?"
"Sure, anything. What is it?" He looked at me with a concerned face.
"You won't..hate me if I told you something...would you?"
"Not at all. Now tell me!" He ordered laughing.

I smiled and bit my lip, I was so friggen nervous the butterflies in my stomach turned into evil piranhas munching away at my insides.

"Well, I think I dreamt about you last night. It was with you and Gerard and..well..it was kinda about me."
Frankie face sort of dropped. "Continue?"
"Um. I thought I heard you say you liked me. Well, I think I was dreaming and. uhm well.." I suck at speaking outloud....."I just..I wanted to let you know. That this isn't as easy as it looks..."
"Mhm."
"Frankie, I've liked you ever since I met you. I've always been afraid to tell you because I thought you'd hate me afterwards. But you've always been here for me and you are always the one that makes me laugh when I don't think smiling is an option. I fell for you so hard. You give me butterflies every time I'm around you..and well.. I just thought you should know that if lightning just so happened to strike us."

I let out a breath. Oh God he's not answering...What the hell have I done? I was dreaming the whole thing. Shit. Now he's going to leave me, he's gonna hate me. I'm so fucking stupid... My thoughts were interrupted.

"You weren't dreaming."
"I wasn't?"
"No. I could never ever hate you, either. I care about you too much to hate you. I've liked you since I first saw you. You make my day, everyday. I didn't think you knew that. If lightning were to strike us right now, I wouldn't mind. Because knowing how you feel, just makes me die a happy man. Adele, I like you..a lot."

Damn it, I think my heart just fucking ripped itself out of my chest.

I couldn't stop smiling. There was no way this could be happening to me. No way.
"I couldn't have put it better myself," I commented.

"So, why did you choose now to tell me?" Frankie wondered.
"Well, I just thought you should know how I felt. I wasn't being completely honest with my feelings,by not telling you and everything, and you made me think if I had ever died and hadn't told you how I felt, my life...it wouldn't have been complete, you know? Getting that out made me feel better too."

He dropped his feet into the wet sand, stopping us in the process, and we quietly sat there. He took my drenched face in his both of his calloused hands and made me look down into his beautifully speckled eyes. Both of our eye lashes had little droplets on them, like dew on grass in the summer time.Little beads of rain dripped down his slender face. He slowly pulled me closer and delicately pushed his wet lips onto mine. He wrapped his arms gently around my waist and held me tightly.

If I died now, I wouldn't mind one bit.