Tell Me Angel, Where Are You

You've Won Me Over In No Time At All

Frankie gently tugged the thick hem of my weighed down sweatpants to draw me closer to him.I felt him smile into our kiss. I slowly tilted my head to the side to fit his soft lips better and it clicked.

For a second, I felt right. I felt like I belonged in that moment. It might not make any sense to you, but to me, it just fit. It felt like a piece of me had been completed.
It's like when you first lose a tooth. All you can feel is the empty, swollen gum that took the place of the slick tooth. Then, one day, after a new tooth gradually grows in, the space is filled again.

Frankie was my new tooth.

He gently kissed my lips again and brushed the drenched hair off of my face. His firm hands were rested on my waist and he moved closer to fill in the vacancy between our bodies.

He rested his forehead on mine and caught his breath. His magic eyes looked deeply into mine and I shivered. Partly from being cold, but mostly from being looked at like that. Nobody had ever looked at me like that. Usually, all I received was nasty glares or cold eyes. People usually looked at me in disgust and 'tutted' at who they thought I was. People had always looked at me as if they knew all about me, which they don't. They judged me before words were ever exchanged. Apparently the black clothes, the band t-shirts, the music I listened to, had told them what they wanted to hear and shown them what they wanted to see. They didn't look past the looks. Most of them, anyway.

Frankie was distinguishable, he was unique, for lack of a better word. He had never once judged me, believe me, you don't know how thankful I was for it. Even after I told him of my life at home, he wouldn't look at me any differently. In fact, he had always looked at me with a sense of dedication and warm care. He always listened to what I had to say, no matter how late...or early for that matter, it was. He held me when black tears were streaming down my ripened cheeks, make-up scattered around my face and iced my hideous bruises given to me by a man that glared at me with such a strong hatred and as if my existence should never have occurred.

That look plummeted itself down my spine and sent tingles to my toes. It made me feel special, in a way. I felt it with every fiber of my being. It sparked the outside core of my dead emotions and the heated flames sent ignition to every inch of me. It felt like he had awoken something that once was lying dead. It was stunning, to say the least.

"I'm wet and I'm cold,"Frankie sighed.

I was shivering. Not just the occasional shake or twitch kind of shivering...but the mass convulsion 'holy hell is she having a seizure' type shaking. I nodded my head in quick agreement.

"Can I get into new clothes?" My teeth were furiously chattering.
Frankie smirked and looked down,"Yeah, sure, hop right in."
"Haha, you know what I mean," I shook my head grinning.

What he said bulldozed me into thought. How fast did he want a relationship to go? I mean, we've liked each other for a while apparently, but I wanted to take it slow. I didn't want to rush into anything. What if he did? Could we work? Were even a 'we' yet? I wasn't sure if we were 'together' yet...

"Okay, let's go, get up, you've got a pretty damn bony ass there, Munchkin."
I wriggled before I got up.

The raindrops were like bullets crashing down on us. Lightning pierced the hazy purple sky and soon after, a crashing rumble tumbled into the thick air. I thought I was going to be swept away by the strong winds.

"Hop on!" Frankie suggested, but I could barely hear him.
"What!?" I yelled.
"Get on my back, I'll carry you!"

So I jumped onto his back while we raced the vicious winds back to either my house or his house. I wasn't sure which one because we both lived in the same direction.
We quickly arrived at Frankie's house and practically sprinted into the door.

"Damn it, it's hell out there," Frankie shivered.
Frankie grew up with his mom, Linda. His parents were divorced, but he didn't hate either one of them. He loved them both with everything in his heart. His dad was such an inspiration to him, I was actually quite jealous, though I had never told him that. I loved both of his parents. His mom was so kind, she always supported her son, just as her husband did. I met his dad too, he was a really funny guy, always cracking jokes, and he listened to a lot of the same music as me and Frankie. Whenever he was around, him and Frankie busted out guitars and played, it was pretty damn awesome. It was pretty weird to think about though, because his dad had always told us that we would be a couple one day and that's how close friends usually ended up.He joked around, saying Frankie was the type of kid who would win any girl over. He secretly told me that he liked me better then all the other girls Frankie brought to home. Me and Frankie both just laughed at this back then because we were so young and had no idea it would actually happen.

"Mom already left for work...but you can't fit into her clothes. You can borrow mine," Frankie said.
"Mmkay," I hummed.
We stumbled into his room. I loved his room, it was always covered in band posters and clothes were always the carpet. His guitar, Pansy was always against the door, except for when he played it for me. His bed was huge, he had a king-sized one, I have no idea why though. It always had that sweet lingering smell of him, yeah well, duh it's his room. Anyway, I adored his scent.
That's when I though of a tiny problem.

"Mmm, hey Frankie?"
"Yeah?"
"You don't..you know..happen to own bras or girl undies do you, " I stated it more like a statement rather then a question.
"I forgot about that..hm," he tapped his fingers over his pouty lips in concentration.
"You mind wearing boxers? You could put your stuff in the dryer..cause I don't own girly clothes..rather then pants," Frankie snickered.
"Sure, why not?"

He rummaged through his dark colored clothing and ripped out a 'Nightmare Before Christmas' shirt and Batman pj pants. He knew I liked those.
"Yesss," I flashed a wide grin.
He chucked those at my face and handed me navy blue boxers.
"You can get changed in here, I'll go change in the bathroom," with that he ventured out of his room with a fistful of clothing.

I quickly changed into warm dry clothing and grabbed my sopping wet clothes. I loved his house, it always smelt fresh to me. I loved the design of every room. I placed my clothes in the dryer and flicked the switch to turn it on. An arm quickly wrapped its way around my waist and a head laid itself on my shoulder. I was surprised by this so I shook, I wasn't really expecting it, I thought he was still getting changed.

"You still cold? Or did I frighten you, Munchkin?" I could feel him smirk into the back of my neck.
"Neither, princess," I grinned, I'm giving him a nickname.
He release opened the dryer and placed his drenched clothes in with mine and clicked the door shut. The dryer immediately hummed back to life.

He placed his other arm around my waist as well.
I laughed, thinking to myself.
"What?"
"Hmm I wonder how Mikey is."
He started to giggle, I loved his laugh, it was such a girly giggle.

"I am close to starvation," he mumbled.
"Then eat?" I questioned.
"There's no food,"
"There hasta be food," I said and started walking off, cause I was a bit hungry as well.

Frankie refused to let go, but I continued to walk, dragging him along with me.
"Mm frosted cherrios," I whistled.
"I WANT SOME!"
"Mmkay. Can we watch a movie?"
"Nightmare Before Christmas?"
"Of course, but after we needa call and see if Mikey survived."
"Sure thing."

After we ate, we raced over to his enormous bed and dug ourselves into the blankets. Frankie got up and placed the movie in and dove back into the sea of blankets with me. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. We just laid there and sang along to our favorite parts.

I started to think about what his dad said and I self-consciously agreed with him. Frankie was the type of kid to win any girl over.

He won me over in no time at all.