My Life As The Ouran Outcast

Akii's Intro

The large manilla envelope sat on the kitchen table opened, and yet uncared for. I slid my fingers underneath the light paper quietly in the dark room and picked it up. The light from the living room shone ominously into the kitchen illuminating my path to the next room. When I pushed the door opened, I gasped in suprise to see both my mom and dad sitting together in the same room. I shuffled nervously from one foot to another, unsure of what to do next.

"Honey, why didnt you tell us you tried out for a scholarship?" My mom inquired as I tried to squirm my way out of the room. I stopped and turned to them.

"I. . .er, didn't think I would get it. . ." I mumbled. It was true, I hadn't thought I'd of win one of the four trips, and though I was ecstatic to go and get away from this relatively small town, the thought that I might maybe actually win the trip pushed me to improve my grades and leave for good. I played with the ends of the torn envelope and waited for one of the two sharply dressed people in front of me to say something.

My father's echoing laugh startled me. I looked up from the disgusting green, orange and yellow carpet that was supposed to be fashionable to stare at him with bewildered eyes.

"Of course you would get it! You are my daughter of course." Let me explain this; my father co-owns a large corperation that invents new energy efficient appliances. He is the co-owner and we've lived wealthy since my great-great-great grandpa and the other co-owners' great-great grandpa started small in a back ally of the inner Tokyo city area. Ever since their breakthrough with a refridgerator that used less water and less power to clean, they'd made it big by selling it to a super prestigious inventors group. Figuring that they could make it even bigger by helping small business owners like themselves to sell their energy effecient products, they started a company based on energy effeciency. The rest is basically history from there.

My father's suit crinkled as his laughter died. He smiled fakely and said aloud,

"When do you leave?" My mother held her hand up, like a child would for a teacher.

"The plane leaves on the 1st of September." She smiled and my father stroked his chin thoughtfully.

"Thats in two days. Do we have to sign any forms?" I shook my head vigorously. He looked thoughtful and smiled as he looked up.

"Better get packing!"

~Later~

I sat in my room, finally alone and pulled my ipod from its super secret place underneath my bed. My parents figured that music was unnessicery and that it was loud. I was allowed to listen to classical, but that was about it. I fiddled with the cords that bound it to its dusty prison, unslid the 'Hold' button and went directly to 'Artists' menu. While I ran through the few artists and decided on The Raveonettes' 'Dead Sound', I pushed the small white earbuds into my ear. The static played loudly and I heard the faint tinkling of the song beginning. I laid my head back onto the wooden head board. My toes twitched as the song ran through, and I pulled the wrinkled envelope from underneath me. Yanking out the pink/white paper and tossing the ugly coloured envelope off my bed I unfolded the pretty bordered paper and read it carefully.

"Dear Miss Akito Ura,
We are ecstatic to let you know you have won an all expense paid education at the famous and well-known Ouran Highschool in Japan. The school year begins on September 5th, your plane tickets are included with this letter. Please report to the premises by the 4th as we will assign you a room on the grounds and show you around the school buildings.

Sincerely,
the staff of Ouran."

I simply blinked at it and sighed. This didnt sound as great as it did when I first applied. . . I yawned and sat upright and stretched feeling my back crack in numerous places. I got off my bed and turned off my ipod, replacing it in its dust coffin and headed downstairs to find a Twinky. Damn I was hungry!
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was written by Akito herself.