‹ Prequel: I Treated You So Wrong

Lets Make It Last Forever

Ten

Then sun had began to set just an hour before Zacky’s eyes twitched, his eyelids wiggling just a big. The sunlight flowed in, casting a soft, orange-yellow glow over the living room and every item within it’s walls.

Zacky slowly opened his eyes, groaning at the heaving feeling of his tired eyelids and dry mouth. He started to lift his arm, but stopped when he felt something soft glide across his skin. When he looked down and to the left, his eyes landed on a peacefully sleeping Rae, cuddled against his chest and her fist balled with some of the material of his shirt between her fingers.

Eyes watering just a bit, the feeling of having her back at his side after the way he had acted made him feel like nothing he’d felt before. He knew he was wrong and he would gladly admit it to anyone who asked.

“This needs to stop…” he quietly whispered.

Meaning they couldn’t fight like this anymore then just make up with cuddling. It was starting to get old; both of them thought so. If they were like this before marriage, what would it be like when they were officially the Baker family? No one knows, but things could be worse.

Zacky felt lucky every single day, even when he flew off his hinges; the same could be said for Rae. Zacky had a beautiful, young woman that he could probably call his fiancé and show her off for everyone to see. Rae had a handsome, young man that she could proudly call her fiancé and show off to anyone who cared to look past his rockstar appearance. Together, Rae and Zacky had a beautiful daughter for the world to see; so many already had. They were proud parents around her; always showering her with love, hugs, and kisses.

When one single thing went wrong, when one single word was said or one thing was done, behind closed doors and away from Emily’s prying ears, they weren’t the perfect couple. Throwing random objects and screaming obscenities. But smiles had to be worn, only this time, Zacky forgot his.

He hoped that his little girl would find it in her little heart to forgive him. He’d never hoped for anything more then Emily’s forgiveness. If he had to give her the world just for her to accept his apology, he’d do it before anyone could blink. Zachary Baker was determined to set things right with his baby girl before anything else. Of course, that was only if Rae allowed him anywhere near her.

Zacky rubbed both of his eyes with his right hand and looked down at Rae again before gently pressing his lips to her head. Noticing that his chest was moving up and down in a different breathing rhythm, Rae’s eyes slowly slipped open and she yawned. Zacky froze, afraid to move. Maybe he was just dreaming that Rae was curled up next to him, once fast asleep. Maybe Emily was upstairs sleeping in her bed for her afternoon nap.

Rae sat up, knowing perfectly well that Zacky was near and wide awake. That was what she wanted, besides the fact of talking things out so that things could hopefully go back to normal.

Once the bit of sleep was wiped from each of their eyes, both their bodies turned to face each other, not one of them uttering a word. Zacky was afraid he’d say the wrong thing and Rae would walk out forever and take Emily with her. Rae was afraid to blow up on him that she had been wanting to and would drive Zacky away for good. So neither one spoke.

Lips were bitten, looks and blinks exchanged along with low, quiet sighs of desperation of the other to speak first. Instead, after a while, Zacky moved forward and gently placed his left hand on Rae’s right cheek, cupping his palm against her skin. Rae didn’t move, for she missed the feeling and the look in Zacky’s eyes. Rae slowly closed her eyes, taking in every second of time that Zacky’s skin stayed connected with hers. His hands were warm and soft, a feeling she had always loved to feel.

Zacky took it as an open opportunity and lean in and press a soft kiss against her lips, letting them linger so he could hold on to what he felt he was losing. When he pulled away, Rae’s eyes slid open at the same time he pulled his hand away, all contact disappearing, leaving Zacky to look depressed because he’d lost it all.

That was far from the truth in Rae’s eyes. She never liked seeing him upset in any way, shape, or form. It always broke her heart.

“Zack…it’s fine…I promise…” Her voice sounded like how soft cotton felt straight from the dryer.

Zacky looked back at her, his eyes full of pleading and apologies.

“We can work it out…okay?” He nodded at her.

Rae gave a soft, reassuring smile and moved closer, kissing him just as he’d done to her only moments before. It didn’t take Zacky long to respond, kissing her back and wrapping his arms around her frame, scared that she’d float away, but she wasn’t going to.

The apologies and the forgiveness wasn’t sealed with a kiss, but more than that. To say that this time was the best ever would be nothing short of the truth.

All that was left, was to hopefully get Emily to forgive Zacky, that way, his life would be complete.