‹ Prequel: I Treated You So Wrong

Lets Make It Last Forever

Thirteen

“So, I’ll swing by in half an hour a pick you up, sound good?” Leana asked through the phone.

Rae stood in the bathroom, straightening her bangs with her cell on speaker. “Sure. Hope you don’t mind if Emily comes along, Zacky’s out.”

“I know, all the guys went to the studio for a while so that’s why we decided to have a girl’s day.”

Nodding to herself, Rae unplugged her straightening and brushed her bangs off to the right and fluffed out the rest of her hair. Emily ran in as fast as her little legs would carry her and hugged Rae’s leg.

“We see LeLe!” She squealed, causing Leana to laugh over the receiver.

“Yep, we get to see LeLe, now go get dressed so she can pick us up.”

“Kay!” She yelled and pattered out of the bathroom.

“I’ll see you in a bit, Leana.”

The two said their good-byes and hung up. Rae slipped on a black tank-top over her purple one and walked out of the bathroom. She made her way down to Emily’s room who bounced happily on her bed, waiting for her mother to put her shoes on for her. Rae walked in with a smile and kneeled in front of the little bed and slipped on the tiny green Converse onto Emily’s feet.

“Ready?”

“Yep!” Emily raced out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

Her hyperness amazed Rae every single day. She didn’t know where her spunk came from, for both she and Zacky just strolled through the days was ease. Rae figured it was because she was a little girl and everyone spoiled her to no end; buying her new toys, shoes and little outfits when she behaved like the little lady Zacky and Rae knew she was.

Rae walked into the kitchen and spotted the little one with a clear plastic baggy in her hand and reaching up, hoping to get the Cheerios cereal box into her hands. That was her favorite cereal; no milk or spoon, just dry with fingers. She laughed to herself and took the bag from Emily, then pulled the box down and filled the baggy half way with the little circle cereal and handed the baggy back to her daughter.

“Thank you.” Emily smiled and began popping little pieces into her mouth and chewing. She pranced her way out of the kitchen and to the living room to watch out the window for Leana to pull up.

Rae went to the fridge and pulled out some juice boxes and a chilled bottle of water for herself for later. When a happy squeal echoed through the house, Rae knew that Leana had arrived. She went into the living room and grabbed her bag, slinging it over her right shoulder and grabbing her keys from the hook near the door. Leana did her usual three-knock and opened the door, immediately being attacked by the female Zacky clone.

“LeLe!” Emily hopped up an down, nearly making the cereal bounce out of the baggy.

Leana laughed and scooped the little one into her arms and kissed both her cheeks and waved at Rae. “Should we go?”

“Ye-” Rae started, but got cut off.

“Yep, yep!” Emily giggled and put more cereal into her mouth and munched away.

“Okay, lets get the show on the road because I don’t think Emily can wait any longer.” Leana laughed and walked down the side walked, Emily talking to her the whole way about the snuggle fights that she, Zacky and Rae had.

Rae bent down and grabbed the car seat from the floor and walked out after locking and closing the door. When she got to the car, she put the car seat in the back, then Leana buckled Emily in. The two girls got into the front, Leana on the driver’s side. Both got buckled, then started on down the road.

“Le, have you and Jimmy even talked about having kids?” Rae asked, breaking the silence of no talking besides the radio.

Leana turned a corner and kept on going. “We’ve talked about it, yeah. But we’re not really ready yet. I think he just wants to steal Emily and call it good.” She chuckled.

Rae shook her head with a half smile and put her hands in her lap. “I don’t think Zacky would let you. Brian’s already tried to take off with her in his jacket, Ella too.”

“I heard about that. Brian got a very stern talking to by Val.”

“You’d think Matt would have had said something to him, but Val’s a protective mommy.”

Leana laughed, remembering when she and Jimmy hung at Matt and Val’s place and Val complained that her ‘supposed friend’ tried to take her baby girl and Matt just stood by and let it happen while trying not to laugh.

Rae pulled the bottle of water from her bag and popped it open, having to stop laughing long enough to swallow. “Brian will never hear the end of it.”

“Nope.” Leana said as she pulled up into the parking lot of their favorite section of the beach and put the car in park then shut it off.

“I’m sure we’ll hear the story again.” Rae stated and got out, getting Emily from the back.

The car was locked up and the bags were grabbed, then the three of them headed down the grassy sand to where the girls were sitting in a circle on their designated beach blanket. It was definitely time for a girl’s day.