I Want to be More Than a Phone Call at 4 Am.

I Can't do This Anymore...

“Please. Don’t go.” I begged for the millionth time as we headed to the door.
“I’m sorry. I have to. This is a big tour. I’m sorry. I love you.” Dan kissed me quickly one more time before walking out the door, for the third time. What he didn’t know was that it would be the last time.

1 Week Later

“Hello?” I answered groggily.
“Sara?”
“Dan?” I quickly sat up.
“Hey. Oh sorry. I forgot about he time difference. Did I wake you up?”
“Yeah. But its okay. I wanted to talk to you anyway.”
“I want to talk to you too.” I could hear how sincere he was, but I couldn’t take it anymore.

“No. Dan. I. I don’t know how to say this, but I- I just can’t take it anymore.”
“Take what? Sara, what are you talking about?”
“Look. Dan, I thought that I could handle it. All the touring, but I can’t. I’m sorry.”
“What?” I could tell, just by his voice, that he was ready to cry, and it made me feel so bad.

“I’m sorry, but I feel like I’m just a story to tell your friends. Just another girl. And I won’t let myself be that girl. I’m sorry Dan.”
“Sara. You’re not just another girl. I love you. Please.” I couldn’t take it anymore.
“I’m sorry. I have to go.” I whispered.
“No. Sara wa-”
Click.

Dan’s POV

“Fuck.” I said aloud, not caring who heard. Or who saw me through my phone across the room.
“What the fucks your problem?” Bert questioned, entering the room.
“Sara.”
“Sara? Oh. That chick you were screwing at home.”
“She’s not just some chick. Bert, I love her. But, she can’t take me being gone all the time. With touring and stuff. So she just broke up with me.”

“Wow. What a bitch.” I glared at him.
“Well, I’m sorry dude. But this is your job. It’s what you love to do. And if she can’t take it. Well-”
“No. Bert, I can’t take it.”
“What do you mean?”
“Tomorrows our last day.”
“Yeah. So?”
“So. You’ll see.” Bert gave me a questioning look, as I thought of a plan.

Normal POV

“Ugh. Come one. Stupid elevator.” I waited another 5 minutes until I finally heard the elevator ding,
“Finally.” I sighed, just as I dropped my keys.
“Damn it.” I bent down to pick them up, when I noticed a shadow lurking over me.

I quickly got up straight. “Dan. Your back.”
“We’re done.”
“What?”
“Touring. We are all done. For a year. A full year. Just you and me.”
“And after your break, you’ll be right back on the bus for more touring.”
“Come with us.” Dan stated, not a question. A demand.

“Are you insane?” I questioned. I didn’t give him time to answer, and I went to walk on the elevator, but Dan grabbed my arm.
“Maybe. But please. Sara. I love you. Please. Tour with us.” He pleaded. I store into his eyes, seeing how much he meant it, and how much he really does love me.

“Guess you better warn the other guys now then.” I sighed, giving in.
“Is that a yes?”
“Yes. Dan. I will tour with you.” I smiled.
“Ah!” He yelled, picking me up and spinning me around. He sat me back down, and set his lips on mine.
“So,” I pulled away,
“No more phone calls at 4 AM?”

“No more phone calls at 4 AM.” He repeated.
“Does this mean that I am more than just story to tell your friends?” Dan smiled at me,
“You are so much more than just a story to tell my friends.” He smiled,
“Besides,” Dan pulled away,
“You were never a story. But, you are my life.” I smiled, both of our eyes glowing. And Dan gently placed his lips onto mine again.
♠ ♠ ♠
i was bored the other night, and dan is so cute. in his own little way.
: ]

hope you liked it.
comments are always welcome.

<33
STEPH