Status: Paused

Baby Come On

Liar, Liar

"Well, what is it?" Alex had paused. It made Leah anxious.

"I'm so sorry Leah," he sighed.

"Why? Alex what's wrong?"

"I-I lied to you. I'm so sorry." Alex's head was in his hands now. His breaths were uneven.

"Alex just tell me what the hell you've done!" Leah was worried. She was really worried.

"I-I'm Nathan's d-dad." Alex looked up at Leah with pleading eyes.

Silence.

"Y-You're what?" Leah's voice was soft.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you soo-"

"Goodbye Alex." Leah stood and ran out of the bedroom. "Come on baby. We're going home." Leah picked up Nate and grabbed her jacket.

"Leah! Please, just talk to me!" Alex caught Leah by her arm. She turned to face him with a glare.

"There is absolutely nothing to talk about Alexander! You lied to me! You lied to me about the most important person in my life! So now you're out of my life, as well as my son's!" With that saidor screamed Leah pulled her arm from Alex grip and left the apartment, slamming to door behind her. The second the door was shut behind her, Leah burst into tears. She didn't stop walking, though.

"Mama, why are you crying? Why did you yell at daddy?" Nathan asked in a tiny voice.

"Don't call him that!" Leah shouted causing Nathan's eyes to tear up. "Oh, I'm sorry baby. Mommy is just very sad and mad at Alex." Leah wiped her son's tears.

"Why? What did her do?" the toddler questioned.

"Well, he was very mean to me. He lied to me," Leah answered, trying to calm down for her son's sake. "I'm going to take to you to Auntie ReRe's house for a little while. Okay?"

Nathan nodded then rested his head on his mother's shoulder and wrapped his arms around her neck. "I won't lie to you Mommy."

"Thanks baby boy."

___

Alex stood still. He had gone into shock. Slowly he lowered himself into the ground. He crossed his legs in front of him and rested his elbows on his elvated knees. Then he cried. Alexander Moore cried. He cried because he lost them. The people he loved were gone. He drove them away with lies. It was all his fault. He missed them already.

___

Leah cried on the way home from Marie's house. She cried while she went from her car to her apartment. She cried when she got inside. She cried while she walked to her bedroom. She cried as she slid down the door. Leah was hurt. Alex was Nathan's father. He hid that useful bit of information from her. He lied. Leah didn't like liars.

To think, she might have loved him.

___

Alex wiped his tears as he stood. He would go to her and explain and beg for forgiveness. He didn't bother to grab a jacket or keys as he left. He even left the door ajar. As Alex crossed the quad he planned out what he would say in his head, but when he got to Leah's apartment he lost everything.

___

Leah sighed and wiped her eyes when someone knocked on the door. She tought maybe if she was quiet they would go away. After a couple seconds of silence the person knocked again, more forcefully this time. This cycle repeated a few more times before the person spoke.

"Leah, please."

Leah could barely hear the pleading voice from her room. Alex. It was all he said . Leah didn't say anything back. She thought the silence would make him realize she didn't want to talk to him. He kept knocking on the door though, only repeating those two words. Every time he did Leah felt herself giving in. It was getting harder to deny him. Soon Leah was weak enough to leave her room and stand in front of the front door. She stared at it, nothing more. Alex went on with his light banging on the door. Then, Leah heard him lean on the door and eventually the sound of him sliding down into a sitting position with his back against the door. Leah stepped closer to it; just close enough to graze the door with her fingers. She sat down and listened to Alex bang his head on the door.

"Leah," she heard him sigh.

She was about to give in. As much as she wanted to hate Alex right now, she couldn't. She realized she couldn't deny Alex's right to be in her and Nathan's lives. He was part of them. She might love him.

She laughed sadly at the thought of loving Alex. What a crazy idea.

"Leah? Oh, please, Leah let me in." His voice was pleading.

Leah raised her hand and grazed the door with her fingertips.

"I'm so sorry Leah. Please forgive me." Alex's voice was just above a whisper and quivering.

Leah stood and unlocked the door. She heard shuffling. Then she saw the door knob turning. The door swung open, with Alex in the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex seems so..... i don't know the word - in this chapter.
I have 5 subscribers now. No commenters though. tear. :' (
Comments = Happy Author = Inspired Author = New Chapters =Updates

<3 Vee