Status: Paused

Baby Come On

Envelope

"Sit."

"What do you want to know?" Leah asked her sister.

"Everything," she answered. Leah sighed.

"Well, we went to Alex's yesterday. Instead of watching a movie we went out for ice cream. While we were there this lady said we were a cute family. Then Nathan called Alex 'Daddy'. When we were walking home I could tell something was up with Alex. So, when we got back, I asked him about it. He started acting weird and kept apologizing. He's his dad Re. Alex is Nathan's dad." Leah rushed through her explanation.

"He's what!" Marie screamed.

"Wait. I'm not done. After I dropped Nate off I went back home. Alex came. I tried not letting him in. I tried really hard not to let him in, but I gave up. He explained why he lied. He said he loved me. By this time really confused about how I feel about him. I told him I needed time so he left." Once again her words were rushed. Marie's mouth was slightly open. Her eyes were wide with shock.

"I'm still stuck on the dad part. How do you know he really is the father? He could be lying. He's been doing it this whole time!" This hadn't occurred to Leah before, but she quickly found a logical answer.

"He knew me, Re. When we met at the party it wasn't the first time. I had de ja vous the whole night. It all happened before. It happened the night I got pregnant. He even said he knew me. He just wanted to be in my life. He said he regretted leaving me that morning." Leah's memories of the fateful night were coming back to her. She remembered what she said to Alex. She remembered how he felt. She remembered how he kissed her. She remembered how he handled her gently, as if he was afraid to break her. She remembered everything.

"That doesn't prove anything, Leah."

"I remember, Marie. I remember him," Leah spoke as she stared ahead lost in her memories. The ones from last night played her head. She began to realize what Alex had been saying to her. "He loves us. He really cares about me and Nate. This whole thing was just to get close to us." Leah was mainly talking to herself.

"Leah, what the hell are you talking about?" Marie asked her sister.

"He cares, Marie. Alex loves us." Leah returned her attention to her sister.

"Do you love him back?"

"What?" Leah asked, though she had heard her sister clearly.

"Do you love Alex back?" Marie repeated.

"Nathan does," Leah answered. "Nathan loves him so much. It's meant to be. They couldn't have been separated. I can't keep Alex away from Nate. It would be wrong." Leah was getting lost in her memories again. All those movie nights, the first night Alex helped with Nathan, they all flashed across her mind like a movie.

"But do you love him, Leah?" Marie questioned, pulling her sister from her thoughts.

"I don't know, Re. I don't know if I can. I know I can forgive him, but I don't know if I can love him anymore-"

"Anymore? You mean you loved him before?" Marie was shocked again.

"I guess I did subconsciously. I don't know anymore."

"So take the time you told Alex you needed. Think about it. See how you live without him in your life. Take time to tell Nathan. Make up your mind."

"Aren't I the one who's supposed to give you advice? I'm the big sister here." Leah laughed a little but stopped shortly after. Her mind was in a serious place.

"Well I don't have anything I need advice on. You sure as hell do. On a less serious note you should sell your life to MTV and get your own TV show." Marie and Leah laughed. Nate looked up from his truck and laughed as well. He didn't even know what was funny but he laughed anyway. He was happy and Leah was worried telling him about Alex would hurt his childhood. Marie's advice was good. Leah just need time to think things over.

__

Leah took that time. Three months of time exactly. She went about her life as normally as she could. She avoided the other apartment buildings at all costs. She went to work everyday and was soon back into the routine she had before she met Alex. She didn't forget him thought. There wasn't a day that went by that she didn't think of Alex. Nate asked about "Daddy' and Leah said he would see him soon. Leah had told Nate after the first two months. She hoped it would push her to see Alex again. She thought of telling Alex to write Nate some letters but there were a few flaws to that plan: ON was that she had to contact Alex to ask him t sent the letters. Another was Nathan couldn't read so she would have to read Alex's words to their son. So Nathan had no contact with his father.

"Mommy, when is Daddy coming back?"

"Soon, baby boy." Leah answered her son for the millionth time.

"When is soon, Mommy?" He asked.

"I'll tell you when you get to see him. Okay?"

Nathan nodded and left his mother's bedroom. Leah stood from her bed and followed her son out the door. Nathan and Leah decided to watch a movie to pass the time. Leah popped the DVD in and got comfortable on the couch. She didn't stay comfy for long though. There was a knock at the door. Leah turned her head towards it. There, on the floor, was a plain, white, envelope. Leah stood and slowly walked over to the envelope. She hesitated before picking it up. It wasn't addressed to anyone and there was no sign of who sent it but Leah knew who did. She didn't know if she was ready to read the letter just yet.

"Mommy, what's that in your hand?" Nate asked turning his attention away from the TV screen.

"It's nothing baby boy. Don't you worry about it," Leah said smiling at her son. She placed the envelope on the kitchen counter and joined her son to finish the movie.

__

Later that night, when Nathan was in bed, Leah sat at the counter just staring at the envelope. She was fighting with her self over whether to read it or not. She was going to do it. Leah picked up the paper envelope and began to lift the seal with her thumb. She worked slowly, trying not to rip the envelope. It was cold and smooth in her hand. Soon she had the envelope open. She slid the letter out cautiously, as if it was a delicate artifact. She hesitated before unfolding the letter. It read:

Leah,

I know you said you needed time and I know I said I would give it to you. The thing is, I can't wait much longer. It's killing me not seeing Nathan. Its killing me even more not seeing you. My grades are dropping because I can't focus. I lost a lot of weight. My friends are getting worried. They think I'm crazy. They don't know I'm crazy for you. I know you just laughed as you read that. I know you like to laugh at the cheesy things I say. And now you're smirking because you think I think I know everything. How well do you know me Leah? Well enough to know I can't bear to be without you for more than three days? I hope so. When can I see you? When can I see our little boy again? You don't have to show up. I just want to see Nathan. Of course I want to see you, but I understand if you don't want to see me. Send a letter back to my apartment. Do you remember which one it is? I miss you.

Love,
Alex
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I updated. This wasn't the original chapter.
Wrote this one from scratch.
Hope you guys like it!
Comments=Love

Vee