Once Upon a Time

Chapter 5

As I sat silently in science, I couldn't help but steal glances at Edward. I knew he could read bits and pieces of my thoughts so I tried not to think much. But I just didn't understand. Why was Edward here? There were werewolves’ humans and a fallen angel all over this place. Not that I doubted Edwards self control or anything but--

I couldn't finish my sentence. Edward had caught me looking at him and I quickly adverted my eyes. I leaned forward slightly and lowered my head so my hair would act as a curtain around my face.

When the bell rang, Edward walked out as if nothing had happened. This brought tears to my eyes. I mean how could he act like he doesn't know me, like he doesn't remember me? Embry and Quill, noticing I wasn't leaving, ran back to me looking concerned.

"Katie! Are you alright!? What's wrong!? What did that lee-uh-lowlife do!?" I shook my head as tears poured out of my eyes. Their faces went from anger to sympathy instantly. For what I didn't know, I mean they were clueless. They didn't even know that I knew they were werewolves.

"Do you want a piggy-back ride?" Embry asked. I nodded as he picked me up like a small child and gave me a ride to my next class. Once we got there he carried me to the back where everyone stopped talking and stared. Jacob shot out of his seat and took me off Embry's back. He cradled me as I cried.

"What happened!? What did you guys do to her!?"

"We didn't do anything! She was like this in science!" Jacob handed me off to Leah as she tried to soothe me. As I was crying, cradled on Leah's lap, I saw Jacob take Embry and Quill to a corner and question them.

At this point the whole class was starring. The bell had rung, but the teacher hadn't come yet. The guys rose up, shielding me from prying eyes. I had recognized one of the prying eyes. Edward's.

This only brought more tears and although they were silent, they weren’t dry. It was Okay though, Leah was warm. Jacob was soon back and took me from Leah. I nuzzled my head into his chest as he carried me like a child to his seat. The boys moved with us like a secret service.

To the class I’m sure we looked pretty funny. My 5'2 self cradled by a 6 or 7 foot something guy. We probably did look like a guy carrying a small child. Not only that but they probably thought we were dating, Jacob and I.

Well those who didn't know any better. As Jacob soothed me and whispered reassuring things into my ears, the class still stared. Jacob motioned the guys to sit down and give us space. Exposing me to the class. Not your best idea Jake. I saw Edward still starring, though not as obviously as the class.

"What happened?" I shook my head and buried it deeper into his chest.

He got the message and rubbed my back. By the time the bell rang my tears had dried and the teacher didn't show. I had been in Leah's lap for the last 10 minutes. When Jacob came by, I raised my hand, signaling I wanted to be picked up.

He nodded and I put my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He knew my next class was art and I didn't have it with him. He had auto shop.

Once we got to the class I saw a few from my last class. I knew what was going through all of their heads. What. A. Cry baby. Jacob dropped me into my seat and kissed my forehead in a brotherly fashion.

I didn't care what everyone else thought. Yes I did g act like a child and a baby. I also acted squirrelly. I only knew one person in this class. Edward. He was sitting with all those other pretty people.

And he was staring. At me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll update when i get two comments. I have the next few chapters so yeah.